Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

Finished White Lines...Was a lot of fun. IMO a second season will ruin it. Based on the ending I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

Finished White Lines...Was a lot of fun. IMO a second season will ruin it. Based on the ending I guess we'll see.

I thought it was a really good gripping show until the final episode. I was really disappointed with the outcome and would hope there is no second season though I think they probably will do. There are still things unresolved.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 1:44 AM, mr_hunt said:

the wife loves it...i think she's on her 2nd viewing.  but she loves everything british royalty. i'm the complete opposite so i won't watch 1 second of that show. 

You should, well executed and goes into the less than perfect world of the royals.

Just binged Poldark, BBC produced, a Masterpiece theatre type deal. I enjoyed although it got cheezey sometimes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3636060/

On 6/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, mr_hunt said:

the wife loves it...i think she's on her 2nd viewing.  but she loves everything british royalty. i'm the complete opposite so i won't watch 1 second of that show. 

Sounds a lot like my wife - she has become something of a TV Anglophile in her old age

6 hours ago, The guy in France said:

You should, well executed and goes into the less than perfect world of the royals.

Just binged Poldark, BBC produced, a Masterpiece theatre type deal. I enjoyed although it got cheezey sometimes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3636060/

And now you have a mangina, congrats.😜

On 6/4/2020 at 10:29 AM, jrsu37 said:

I loved it.not for everyone but was definitely for me.  I really hope they don't ruin it with a second season.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:35 PM, hputenis said:

Anyone seen the Crown and have any reviews?  I've heard good things, but the life of Queen Elizabeth is not something I'm dying to see.  

Wife watched it first - I avoided it since I never really followed or cared too much about the Royal Family.  She kept saying I'd like it and I eventually gave it a shot.  It's very well done, I like history stuff in general and it sort of follows British and world events thru Queen Elizabeth's eyes.  Interesting to see some of the "behind the curtain" stuff.  The lack of gratuitous nudity and gun play is a bit disappointing, but overall it was worth the time.

• Like 1

Loved the Crown.  Very well done.  Now watching any documentary like House of Windsor and any Diana show.  Yes, I'm also obsessed with British royalty.

Yesterday I watched The Dirt (Motley Crue), Clive Davis the soundtrack of your life, and a shorter show on Robert Johnson.  All pretty good if you're a music fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiPros said:

Loved the Crown.  Very well done.  Now watching any documentary like House of Windsor and any Diana show.  Yes, I'm also obsessed with British royalty.

Yesterday I watched The Dirt (Motley Crue), Clive Davis the soundtrack of your life, and a shorter show on Robert Johnson.  All pretty good if you're a music fan.

Did you watch season 3 of Crown?

32 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Did you watch season 3 of Crown?

Not as good as the first 2.  But if you're already hooked it's good enough to keep you on the train.

13 Reasons Why is going waaaaaaay downhill season 4. Like more than even you would expect... but it's simple enough to play on my iPad next to me while I "work" from home. While not a Friday.... Monday's have been slow for me and my last outgoing email on Friday was 8:55am... I've only had to send 4 emails today so this will help pass the afternoon I hope

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, Mike030270 said:

Finished season 4 of The Last Kingdom

Hide contents

Brida is just annoying now. She's angry for stupid reasons IMO and seems to forget the hardships that Uhtred has had to deal with all this time. He's been a slave as well and had been betrayed many times and has lost pretty much every woman he's loved. She was with the guy who had a hand in killing Ragnar and is mad at Uhtred. Also the scene with her not coughing or anything from the smoke while everyone else is was lame

I thought it was funny they tried to make the queen mother more appealing after she's been a complete **** for 3 seasons

I liked the new villain but him and Uhtreds daughter falling for each other at the end was a bit much. He didn't last long. I guess they'll have Brida as the enemy for season 5

There was that woman that was killed in the village that had the necklace of thors hammer. I assumed she was one of Uhtreds daughters but I don't think it was ever mentioned who she was and why she had the necklace.

Surprised they didn't have Uhtred banging a bunch of women. It was only the one this season lol

I finally caught up!

Spoiler

I wish they had killed Brida off shortly after she left Uhtred to join the Danes. I haven't cared for her story since they parted ways. I am hoping there is a big payoff in the end to keep her around. She is really annoying.

Elswith had a moment of clarity early in the series, in the marshes, when she let Uhtred and the pagan queen save her sick baby Edward. Then she softened her views near the end of her life. It seems to be one of the themes, evil characters gaining some redemption at the end of their life. They did the same thing to Ethelred.

Many of the Danes wear a Thor's hammer necklace. I don't read into it any more than that.

Uhtred is an old man now even though he appears the same. The story moved ahead a decade, his children are teenagers. I don't think he'll be sleeping around so often anymore. Next season will be interesting; Uhtred balancing his alliance with Wessex while his daughter is living with Danes.

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

I finally caught up!

Hide contents

Spoiler

I think he gave his necklace of thors hammer to one of his children so that's why I thought that.

His daughter being with that one Dane was creepy. Don't know the age gap but it has to be huge. I was also surprised he let the relationship happen. Always pegged him for an overprotective father

On 6/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, mr_hunt said:

Same. We fought 2 wars so we could stop caring who the king and queen of England are. My wife can't get enough of that stuff though. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

13 Reasons Why is going waaaaaaay downhill season 4. Like more than even you would expect... but it's simple enough to play on my iPad next to me while I "work" from home. While not a Friday.... Monday's have been slow for me and my last outgoing email on Friday was 8:55am... I've only had to send 4 emails today so this will help pass the afternoon I hope

It's an absolute train wreck. Like laughably bad. It's also funny how many people they turn gay in this show. Its like 2/3 of the school by the end. 

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

It's an absolute train wreck. Like laughably bad. It's also funny how man people they turn gay in this show. Its like 2/3 of the school by the end. 

Season 2 was kind of meh, and then I lost interest in season 3 by 2 episodes in. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

22 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Season 2 was kind of meh, and then I lost interest in season 3 by 2 episodes in. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

It's gotten pretty unrealistic. You're not missing much from an entertainment standpoint, but from storyline there's like 3-4 more deaths and people randomly turning gay. That's about it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's an absolute train wreck. Like laughably bad. It's also funny how many people they turn gay in this show. Its like 2/3 of the school by the end. 

There's a lot of turning gay through 4 or 5 episodes... wherever I'm at now

and then like 5 mins later they have the most ridiculous car crash :roll: .... like, I think they might have used models to create it instead of an actual car haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

and then like 5 mins later they have the most ridiculous car crash :roll: .... like, I think they might have used models to create it instead of an actual car haha

Yea, TIL you can flip a convertible Audi off a cliff and be completely fine

• Like 1

Watched Jeffery Epstein: Filthy Rich over the weekend.  4 episodes.  Not exactly breaking news, but jeez that guy was a major scuzz ball.  What is it with the South Florida rich guys and their constant need for massages?!?!?

23 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Watched Jeffery Epstein: Filthy Rich over the weekend.  4 episodes.  Not exactly breaking news, but jeez that guy was a major scuzz ball.  What is it with the South Florida rich guys and their constant need for massages?!?!?

Yeah that was right up there with the Michael Jackson documentary on the skeez factor. 

also finished up Epstein over the weekend. Not a lot of stuff you didn't know about if you were following that/researched it before ya went in. But man, this is one evil **** who needs to go down:

2_Jeffrey-Epstein-and-Ghislaine-Maxwell.jpg

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

There's a lot of turning gay through 4 or 5 episodes... wherever I'm at now

I just remembered Clay literally ish's his pants in one scene and just puts on a fresh pair of pants without cleaning his a**. This season was wild. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I just remembered Clay literally ish's his pants in one scene and just puts on a fresh pair of pants without cleaning his a**. This season was wild. 

I don't think I have seen tat part yet :lol:

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I haven't seen this show yet, but you guys definitely talked me into never watching it!  

• Like 1