How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year  

145 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Hurts as the QB next year

• No, seen all I need to see
    • Yes, he is still young and can get better

14 hours ago, time2rock said:

Not sure which thread asking for my opinion on QB for 2022 I like better.  Decisions decisions.  🤔

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

These polls are a weekly thing now. 

Not quite, but not far off. Mine was about 3 weeks ago to see where people were at on QB after someone suggested most people were happy for Hurts to be the guy in 2022. Turns out he was right until most people did an about turn after the Bucs game.

DUM posts a poll after every Eagles loss/bad Hurts game/good Minshew game. 

9 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Hurts = QB2.

Minshew = QB2.

I don't care which one starts in 2022 since they won't have a chance of getting a good QB1 until the 2023 draft.

At #15, 16, 19, Eagles could trade up with 2 picks for a QB like Pickett (or Corral) in the top 6 or so.

Too many teams need QBs. Can't sit and wait at #15. 

Trade Hurts to the Lions or whatever. 7 teams drafting before #15 need a QB.

Start Minshew. Maybe trade for Foles ($4mil plus incentives).

Go into season with 2 jacks and draw a QB from the pile.

41 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Not quite, but not far off. Mine was about 3 weeks ago to see where people were at on QB after someone suggested most people were happy for Hurts to be the guy in 2022. Turns out he was right until most people did an about turn after the Bucs game.

My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek - didn't see the need to create a new post on the same subject immediately after the playoff loss (where Hurts didn't play well).  The Mods should merge that one into yours.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

These polls are a weekly thing now. 

Nah, Mike finally got the answer he was after, this will be the last one, the results will be etched onto tablets of stone.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

My point was that a majority of this board changed their view on Hurts because of one game. 

That suggests to me that there are alot of people sitting on the fence for a variety of reasons.  I'd bet that there are very few posters that absolutely see him as the franchise QB and want the Eagles to build around him.  There are tons more in "wait and see" mode, which isn't a glowing endorsement of his service and leads to instability of the data.

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That suggests to me that there are alot of people sitting on the fence for a variety of reasons.  I'd bet that there are very few posters that absolutely see him as the franchise QB and want the Eagles to build around him.  There are tons more in "wait and see" mode, which isn't a glowing endorsement of his service and leads to instability of the data.

That's because we all tend to overreact after a negative performance. Since the season is over, he won't get another chance to redeem himself until next season. I wonder if Cardinal fans are questioning Kyler Murray as their franchise QB right now? I mean, his first playoff game was a disaster. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

At #15, 16, 19, Eagles could trade up with 2 picks for a QB like Pickett (or Corral) in the top 6 or so.

To me, none of the QB prospects this year (2022) are worth drafting in the 1st round. I wouldn't go after any of them. 

Spend 2 picks on defense (DE & CB), and trade one (in a package if necessary) for an extra 1st rounder in 2023.

They can trade  both Hurts and Minshew for all I care. Neither one is a top shelf talent and can't become that. Sign a stop gap journeyman for 1 year and focus on the best QB prospect in that 2023 draft. 

If they can trade Cox, do it. Get aggressive on the rebuild. Don't worry about W-L records. Worry about how much individual talent sits in those 46 active slots and upgrade every one you can.

This roster is terribly incomplete, so accept that the rebuild continues, and if 2022 is the sad 1 or 2 win season, so be it. I'm not advocating for tanking, just accepting that a rebuild often ends in that result. Better to endure that pain now and find solace in a new franchise QB1, than watch him go elsewhere and keep fielding middle tier talent at the position in perpetuity. 

In the end, I don't see Hurts, Minshew, a fading away Wilson (too expensive anyway), as the dominant QB of the Eagles 3 years from now and leading the team to a SB victory. Our hope rests in the 2023 draft right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

My post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek - didn't see the need to create a new post on the same subject immediately after the playoff loss (where Hurts didn't play well).  The Mods should merge that one into yours.  

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Nah, Mike finally got the answer he was after, this will be the last one, the results will be etched onto tablets of stone.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Yeah I got that t2r.

Yes absolutely, only a handful of posters said they saw him as a franchise QB.

Those of us who are Hurts Huggers simply want to see how he progresses and don’t think there is a better realistic option for 2022.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I've read that Bradys spouse's earnings dwarf his. I don't know how true that is.

Absolutely true. 

18 hours ago, downundermike said:

Jeff Lurie disagrees

There has to be one available. The only viable option is potentially Watson. Other than that…use 2 1st’s on D, trade one for a package including another 1st rounder next year, and take a developmental guy on day 3 (Zappe, Coan, etc). Let Hurts and Stache fight it out for starter in 2022. 

1 hour ago, CouchKing said:

Jesus if you're throwing away 2 picks to move into the Top 6 for those two, you might as well throw picks at Seattle for Wilson, or invent a time machine and travel back in time to kidnap Ryan Leaf.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah I got that t2r.

Yes absolutely, only a handful of posters said they saw him as a franchise QB.

Those of us who are Hurts Huggers simply want to see how he progresses and don’t think there is a better realistic option for 2022.

I'm not into Huggers or Beanbaggers or whatever the cool insult of the day is.

Once the team decides that he doesn't have a SB ceiling, his starting days will be over and they will make a move to someone else via FA, trade, or draft.  That's what many on the other side of the debate are saying and are under attack for.  Why ride with someone you know can't get it done versus taking a shot on someone else that possibly can?  That doesn't matter if it is development through draft or instant through FA or trade.  

There are options.  It's not that hard to get better and more consistent QB play (thus a higher ceiling for the team).  

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Jesus if you're throwing away 2 picks to move into the Top 6 for those two, you might as well throw picks at Seattle for Wilson, or invent a time machine and travel back in time to kidnap Ryan Leaf.

Is Ryan Leaf available? He may be a better option than Hurts.

If you look at draft pick value charts, #16 and #19 equal 1875 points in value which is greater than #4 pick at 1800 points. 

And, you don't know if Pickett or Corral is gonna be good. I prefer Pickett because he is a progression read, pass first QB.

You wanna trade 3 picks for Wilson? Age 33? It might work for 5 years. Might not.

You wanna wait for 2023. Dont really know what QB is gonna fall in our laps in a 2023 draft. If they're good, they go high in draft and we're not getting them.

You've got extra picks in your hand now. You need a QB and a bunch of other players. What's your plan? Free agency is next, before the draft.

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Absolutely true. 

There has to be one available. The only viable option is potentially Watson. Other than that…use 2 1st’s on D, trade one for a package including another 1st rounder next year, and take a developmental guy on day 3 (Zappe, Coan, etc). Let Hurts and Stache fight it out for starter in 2022. 

If we are gonna go developmental, would take a shot on Desmond Ridder

12 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If I'm packing multiple first round picks, it's for one of the big 3 QBs, not Pickett.

Agreed.  If Pickett falls, I would do a small move up to 10, but would not put multiple firsts into getting him.

33 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It is so silly and a huge overreaction to a playoff game that most people already thought the Eagles were overclassed in before they even played.

It has come to a point where people don't care about BPA and want to throw away draft picks and overpay for a QB because they are upset.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If we are gonna go developmental, would take a shot on Desmond Ridder

Agreed.  If Pickett falls, I would do a small move up to 10, but would not put multiple firsts into getting him.

I don’t foresee a late 1st/early second as developmental per se but yes, Ridder is the only potential day 2 guy I consider. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don’t foresee a late 1st/early second as developmental per se but yes, Ridder is the only potential day 2 guy I consider. 

Yep.  It is a big swing, but one worth taking.  He could be the next Josh Allen, he could also be the next Paxton Lynch.  But that is why the guys in the FO make the big bucks and lose their job if they are wrong.  Well, except Howie, he is wrong a lot, but seems to be immune to paying for his failures.

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Shots fired!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Not true.  I have posted 3 or 4 polls in regards to the QB situation, Hurts has had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more bad games than that.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Absolutely true. 

I very much doubt Stache has a chance. Not due to skill or ability. He's already been told by Siri that he had no chance of being named the starter this year and that was after the Jets game. If I were him I'd be talking to my agent, asking about requesting a trade. Maybe there's no market but I'd be exploring the possibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eglz1 said:

I very much doubt Stache has a chance. Not due to skill or ability. He's already been told by Siri that he had no chance of being named the starter this year and that was after the Jets game. If I were him I'd be talking to my agent, asking about requesting a trade. Maybe there's no market but I'd be exploring the possibility.

Agreed. He should get a fair shot in TC and if Sirianni really is big on competition then it should be an open competition. But we know it won't be and Minshew has been told as much.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed. He should get a fair shot in TC and if Sirianni really is big on competition then it should be an open competition. But we know it won't be and Minshew has been told as much.

That made sense last year but Hurts is the current starter.  It would be up to Minshew to prove he should be the starter instead and make that case.  There are plenty of positions where the starter is cemented.  The open competition concept is nice and all and can help some players work harder but you obviously have some that are the definite starters.  

6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

That made sense last year but Hurts is the current starter.  It would be up to Minshew to prove he should be the starter instead and make that case.  There are plenty of positions where the starter is cemented.  The open competition concept is nice and all and can help some players work harder but you obviously have some that are the definite starters.  

But Hurts shouldn't be the definite starter. He isn't that good. I'm not saying he's bad either but he's not that good that there should be no competition. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1