EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Utebird said:

I like corral, I'd say he's the only QB I'd want in the 1st.

Wouldn't be mad with a couple of guys if they were there in 2nd or 3rd.

For me it's R1- Corral, R2- Ridder, Howell, R3- Strong

4 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

How many void years does the Devon Allen deal have on it? 

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Meh

He's about the size of Darren Sproles too

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He's about the size of Darren Sproles too

:lol: no, he's not.

1 minute ago, Khani1 said:

The Phillies will be Doc Rivers'ing it all year.

Weakest part of the team is the bullpen, followed closely by the defense.

33 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

For me it's R1- Corral, R2- Ridder, Howell, R3- Strong

Agree, except for Howell, not a big fan.

1 hour ago, RLC said:

Given how they each played last year, the correct choice.

The correct choice would have been to let them both walk, Harris was invisible last year.

5 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Agree, except for Howell, not a big fan.

He's a value pick at 51. I wouldn't move up for him. I evaluate off of 2020. In 2021, the dude lost his top 4 weapons with not much behind them. NC isn't Bama where they have amazing succession plans at WR and RB.

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It’s amazing how quickly people aged back in the day. 

A lot of drinking and smoking does that.  Boss Godfrey was only 42 in Cool Hand Luke; lived more than 50 years after the film was made:

See the source image

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He's a value pick at 51. I wouldn't move up for him. I evaluate off of 2020. In 2021, the dude lost his top 4 weapons with not much behind them. NC isn't Bama where they have amazing succession plans at WR and RB.

Fair enough 

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Weakest part of the team is the bullpen, followed closely by the defense.

Id add the rotation has question marks besides wheeler. Nola has had similar issues he had today the past couple years. Where he can look great for a while then implodes and gives up Homer on a 2 strike count or 5-6 good innings then implodes. Eflin is ok as a 3-4 but he needs to stay healthy and give them 20+ starts (excluding 2020 cause they played 60 games he’s done that twice in 6 seasons). Suarez you hope continues where he left off last year but more scouting reports and full season as a starter. Frankly think gibson stinks and it’s why he’s a 5th starter. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Id add the rotation has question marks besides wheeler. Nola has had similar issues he had today the past couple years. Where he can look great for a while then implodes and gives up Homer on a 2 strike count or 5-6 good innings then implodes. Eflin is ok as a 3-4 but he needs to stay healthy and give them 20+ starts (excluding 2020 cause they played 60 games he’s done that twice in 6 seasons). Suarez you hope continues where he left off last year but more scouting reports and full season as a starter. Frankly think gibson stinks and it’s why he’s a 5th starter. 

No doubt.  Not a perfect team by far.  2008 was rather flawed as well.  Starting pitching was really just Hamels and hope for something good.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

No doubt.  Not a perfect team by far.  2008 was rather flawed as well.  Starting pitching was really just Hamels and hope for something good.

Yeah the Phillies 08 team’s biggest flaw was starting pitching. Did an excellent job building that pen. a lights out bullpen with lidge returning to form. their defense was actually really good outside of burrell and Howard. utley and rollins uo the middle was a pleasure to watch. Feliz who wasnt a great hitter was a stud defensively at 3rd. Werth had a cannon. Victorino had boneheaded plays at times but he could cover a lot. 

this team we really need wheeler to be what he has been. I have a feeling the bullpen will be at least average this year. I tend to think at the deadline they add a BP arm and a starter. Not sure you can fix the defense. It is what it is. 

5 hours ago, RLC said:

The new Jeremy Bloom?

Can Allen do this though??

image.thumb.jpeg.e37d2a62f4df10309e02d96eb0325c10.jpeg

Archived