EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I call BS on that.  Why does he need to do that, he makes so much on endorsements that taking 5-10 million less has no real impact on him.

I didn't say he needed to.  But the Patriots did pay his TB12 organization.  It happened.  

And while $5M - $10M might not seem to make a difference, and yet, players all the time get bent out of shape over far less than $5M-$10M annually.  Because that's what the difference was for Brady.  He always got about $5M-$10M less than the top QBs.  Generally, millionaires don't see an extra $5M-$10M annually as 'no real impact', no matter how much money they have already.

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

As I already indicated in my post, you already have guys over the 15% discussed, you already have guys over 20%, some at almost 25%.  How do you set the number, Mahomes has a 10 year contract, you cant expect the NFL to not honor it by setting a percentage that is less than his contract.

You keep saying that.  Those types of situations get grandfathered in all the time to CBAs.  My retirement multiplier with the state of PA is 2.5%.  New hires get only 2%.  Existing members pay in 7.5% of income.  New members pay 10% of income.  If I take an unpaid leave of absence, that voids my grandfathered status, and I'd only get 2% on the new years and would pay 10% of future earnings.

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

About time we purged Jeremy Bloom.

Sweet! Gonna get me a Paschal nameplate for my Wentz jersey.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Minshew is so great yet Eagles got him for like a 5th and no teams have been busting down their door to get him despite half the league being drunk on their desire to bring in a new QB. 

Nobody is saying he's great, just that he's better than Hurts.

51 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Corral is the only QB I'd use a 1st round pick on. Extremely quick release, nice deep ball, and can make plays outside the pocket. Wish he was 2-3" taller.

12 minutes ago, RLC said:

Ridder is such a Seahawks pick.

I could see him go to Atlanta to sit behind Mariota for the year.

51 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I highly doubt that a team will give up the optionality of cap maneuvering to pay slightly less.

I agree.  I don't see it as a team by team move, I think it would have to be a CBA deal.  Then again, the NFLPA could argue that that type of move by the league is some sort of collusion.    Ultimately, all I know is that if I were a player in the NFL, I wouldn't be happy with these giant mega deals for QBs.  Every time they get a bigger percentage of the cap, the other 52+ players get a smaller and smaller piece to share.  

21 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yesssss! My dream of a quick shifty white WR for the Eagles has come to fruition! F off Alec Pierce and Kyle Phillips! The ladies are gonna love Devon.

Phoenix's Devon Allen falls short of medal, finishes 5th in 110-meter  hurdles at Rio Olympics

@downundermike

49 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Anyone wanna take that bet?

I don't get why fans throw stones at players like this.  Wallace already made it to the NFL and has been in the league for 2 years.  That's quite an achievement.  Granted, he's not done much in the NFL, but just getting there puts him on a plateau achieved by very few.   More importantly, why engage the troll when they post to Twitter?  Nothing good can come of it.

17 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Good for the Eagles

Unless they are the team in the top 15 to take him.    Don't do it, Howie!  

13 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Brady is a good judge of character with the people/players he respects.  Great to see Brady take Jalen under his wing to mentor him.  Probably sees a lot of his own intangibles in Hurts.  Sees the chip on his shoulder for nonstop disrespect he gets.  

Good - Maybe he can make Tampa trade their first for him next year when he retires.  

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Truly Amazing that Jeremy Bloom is the failure of the family lol. 

His Sister is like world renowned author, actress, woman activist, self help guru, His brother is like epic Harvard Doctor and well Jeremy is a failure lol

Wasn't his sister convicted of criminal fraud? 

3 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Wasn't his sister convicted of criminal fraud? 

She ran some kind of high stakes poker game in the Viper room or something.

They made a movie out of it called Molly's Game.

First reaction to the Devon Allen signing: Camp body, sounds like a fun TC story to follow.

Second reaction: He's probably better than Reagor

Guest justrelax
15 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

She ran some kind of high stakes poker game in the Viper room or something.

They made a movie out of it called Molly's Game.

Pretty good movie. Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, written and directed by Aaron Sorkin.

19 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Usain Bolt wasn't available?

Old, and well...

14 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

First reaction to the Devon Allen signing: Camp body, sounds like a fun TC story to follow.

Second reaction: He's probably better than Reagor

:lol: 100%

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Too old dark

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Pretty good movie. Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, written and directed by Aaron Sorkin.

Yep. I watched it way back and just saw it's currently on Netflix. Would recommend, especially if you are into poker.

54 minutes ago, RLC said:

Ridder is such a Seahawks pick.

And Pete Carroll will turn him into a probowler. Great place for Ridder to land. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Early odds on this guy for the Nasty Nate?

-250?

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Early odds on this guy for the Nasty Nate?

-250?

Was about to post the same thing.

He will also be brought up in a post in the next couple of years and will be labeled one of the big-time busts that the Eagles had on their team.

Archived