EMB Blog: 2022 Off-Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 48.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would’ve thought the eagles would have more draft picks on day 1 and day 2 of the draft then the Phillies had hits today. Will the eagles have more picks then the Phillies have hits tomorrow?

25 minutes ago, downundermike said:

And then went 5 for 44 the next two weeks.  See my Chase and JJ first 3 weeks post.

You said week 1 excitement to be fair Mike. 

17 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Damone Clark another projected 2nd round LB could be available with our next pick.  Kyzir only one one year deal.  Worth a shot?

W…t…f. Reddick, White, now Dean and you want ANOTHER LB with a far more serious injury than Dean? The dude just had spinal fusion surgery…and 3 LBers in one offseason is more than enough. 

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Does that still mean I should be gushing about a guy with 900 yards when other rookies are so far ahead ??

Yes, it is not DeVinta’s fault Hurts is the QB, but Hurts is his QB this year, and now he is losing targets to AJ Brown.

Get a QB and I will get excited.

I know a guy willing to move into the Linc and make some somewhat funny commercials…

8 minutes ago, Fresh_Prince said:

Howie was absolutely giddy in the press conference tonight. I haven't seen him look so happy since winning the Super Bowl. Sirianni's coming out of his shell too.

Was a good presser. I think Howie finally learned to raid the SEC every year. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here are the guys potentially available when the Eagles go on the clock tomorrow, who do you like.

67595B5E-B3DB-4CB5-9198-E5B7909E7014.jpeg

FD62A6B9-BD26-48C8-A6D5-16BCB32BF6A1.jpeg

Mathis and Anderson for sure. 

17 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Back problem

I know he’s out the year but a late round flyer is what I’m saying.  As I mentioned Kyzir is only on one year deal so would replace him next year

2 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

I know he’s out the year but a late round flyer is what I’m saying.  As I mentioned Kyzir is only on one year deal so would replace him next year

We've over-invested in LBs at this point by our standard. Let's not get carried away now. lol

4 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Coby Bryant & Verone McKinley are two guys I’d love Eagles to land 

McKinley had some rough testing scores. 

15 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

1st: Davis

2nd: Dean

3rd: Jurgens

1st & 3rd for AJ Brown

If we were told this is how it would play out a week ago people would’ve been thrilled.

Definitely. But, to be fair, that was before he was passed on 82 times because of health issues. But yes. I agree. I think third round is a fine gamble. 

2 minutes ago, blindside said:

Definitely. But, to be fair, that was before he was passed on 82 times because of health issues. But yes. I agree. I think third round is a fine gamble. 

Howie was just waiting for the perfect first round LB to come along

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

McKinley had some rough testing scores. 

I watched him the other night. For a guy with a ton of interceptions, they were really unimpressive. Tipped passes and awful overthrows. I expected better. 

Just now, garingovt2000 said:

Still wondering what it would cost us to land Johnathan Abram?

Hmm. Do we have a moldy ham sandwich in the back of the fridge at Novacare?

Finished the draft for Howie. Figured he’s tired. Offloaded Reagor and Dillard. 

image.thumb.png.29f6ce73318c64cd7816de0eaeddacfa.png

No punter but took some swings on some smaller school guys with high athleticism in Woolen/Anderson/Robinson/Volson. Got a solid TE2 in Bellinger and a RB/returner Ty Chandler. 

No

13 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

We've over-invested in LBs at this point by our standard. Let's not get carried away now. lol

I think we want to sign White beyond the 2022 season, and Taylor showed enough to be fine as his backup. 

Basically, Edwards, White and Taylor are roster locks. Bradley probably is too as a special teamer. Patrick Johnson is Reddick’s backup. We probably don’t have any room for another LB. 

If we do go in that direction we'd probably be better off waiting for free agency next year since the Raiders declined his 5th year option.

Just now, metal said:

If we do go in that direction we'd probably be better off waiting for free agency next year since the Raiders declined his 5th year option.

He probably should play LB. He sucks at safety. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He probably should play LB. He sucks at safety. 

No argument here. I'm not sure I'd be interested regardless of what position he plays.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

Despite CB and S, I feel the defense has been improved.  I think running the D the way Gannon has it designed, being ABLE to run it the way he plans, is going to make the CB and S positions easier to play. Theyre just able to use more players in coverage now. 

I feel like Gannon must feel that way too.  If he was banging the table for CBs and Safeties, it just seems like things would have gone different.

Just now, schuy7 said:

Chuck Clark could be a good trade candidate at safety.

Absolutely. With Hamilton and Marcus Williams, he’s clearly S3 there. 

Archived