Amazon thread

dawkins4prez

10 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Can you elaborate on WTF this weird nonsensical ish even means? Sorry...I'm uncultured as far as soy gypsies go.

I watched about half the first ep...It became clear early on that I need to watch this without my 3yr old doing 3yr old stuff. It's also obviously a lil heavy for her I think.

Oh you'll know when you get there.  trust me you will know.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Oh you'll know when you get there.  trust me you will know.

lol well now I'm intrigued!

23 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

WoT is brutally bad fantasy.  the names of the characters alone is enough to make you gag.  Amazon spent how much on this SyFy show?

That settles it.  I'm starting it tonight!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The first set of WoT reviews are in:

Not bad for a boring generic fantasy, with too many characters with confusing names, and a plot that's difficult to pick up and follow. 

It’s a tale as old as time - that of dawkins4prez and his terrible takes and horrible taste in movies and TV

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, mikemack8 said:

It’s a tale as old as time - that of dawkins4prez and his terrible takes and horrible taste in movies and TV

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is crazy. I guess this means you didn't like Greasy Strangler?

14 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is crazy. I guess this means you didn't like Greasy Strangler?

I had never heard of it until now.  Just read the wikipedia plot summary - it sounds incredibly awful.  I'm guessing it's your favorite movie of all time.

It's been good so far and it's great knowing someone who's read the books for the few tidbits that each episode has shown lol

On 12/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, mikemack8 said:

I had never heard of it until now.  Just read the wikipedia plot summary - it sounds incredibly awful.  I'm guessing it's your favorite movie of all time.

I dare you.  

I watched The Devil to Pay on prime.  Highly recommend this one.  It's a crime thriller set in Appalachia about a woman who's husband gets caught up in a dispute between two clans that ends up pulling his wife and son into it.  The area on the mountain has it own set of "laws" called the Creed and social hierarchy that cause the situation to continue snowballing until the wife has to find a way to resolve it.

The two directors of this one wrote Becky with Kevin James.  I liked Becky but this is a far better movie.   The lead actress, Danielle Deadwyler played Cuffee in The Harder They Fall, which was a really good performance but this one is even better.   I'm sorry it took me a few years to find this one.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I watched The Devil to Pay on prime.  Highly recommend this one.  It's a crime thriller set in Appalachia about a woman who's husband gets caught up in a dispute between two clans that ends up pulling his wife and son into it.  The area on the mountain has it own set of "laws" called the Creed and social hierarchy that cause the situation to continue snowballing until the wife has to find a way to resolve it.

The two directors of this one wrote Becky with Kevin James.  I liked Becky but this is a far better movie.   The lead actress, Danielle Deadwyler played Cuffee in The Harder They Fall, which was a really good performance but this one is even better.   I'm sorry it took me a few years to find this one.  

Nice - added it to the list to check out

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You should watch the trailers.  I saw that one and knew it was garbage.  

Well you know what, I've kinda settled into it as a guilty pleasure.  The big budget suspends the belief just enough to tickle the inner child.  Reminds me of reading Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms novels at age 12.  I never loved those books, but I'd finish them anyways.

6 hours ago, Talkingbirds said:

New season of the Expanse started.  1st episode was meh.

It's the last season and there's only 6 episodes 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Reacher has been good so far. I'm on episode 5

Spoiler

I didn't think they'd do the entire season on one case though. The show kind of drags out the case

I didn't read the books. The movies made it seem like he didn't really team up with groups to solve cases.

At least theirs bewbs

If there's another season will he be in another place or the same one? Shouldn't he be in new area because he moves around?

• Like 1

I finished the rest of Reacher

Spoiler

I'm glad that he's not staying. I don't think that would have been a good idea.

The actress that plays Roscoe teased a spinoff. I don't really care for that though

I didn't read the books but thought he was pretty good. I have seen articles saying this actor is more aligned with what Reacher is supposed to look like

I hope the cases are more interesting if they plan to do 1 case for 1 season. This case wasn't really that interesting to me

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I finished the rest of Reacher

Reveal hidden contents

I'm glad that he's not staying. I don't think that would have been a good idea.

The actress that plays Roscoe teased a spinoff. I don't really care for that though

I didn't read the books but thought he was pretty good. I have seen articles saying this actor is more aligned with what Reacher is supposed to look like

I hope the cases are more interesting if they plan to do 1 case for 1 season. This case wasn't really that interesting to me

Just starting it and have read all the books so I am happy they got a guy that is it at least the size of the character in the books. Not 5'5" Tom Cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 11:06 PM, Mike030270 said:

Reacher has been good so far. I'm on episode 5

Hide contents

I didn't think they'd do the entire season on one case though. The show kind of drags out the case

I didn't read the books. The movies made it seem like he didn't really team up with groups to solve cases.

At least theirs bewbs

If there's another season will he be in another place or the same one? Shouldn't he be in new area because he moves around?

21 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Just starting it and have read all the books so I am happy they got a guy that is it at least the size of the character in the books. Not 5'5" Tom Cruise

Watched 5th episode last night - liking it a lot.  Its been years since I read Killing Floor, but feels like the plot is following the book close enough.

Dude who plays Reacher is definitely more in line with book series.  I hope/expect there will be more seasons to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Legend of Vox Machina is plenty of fun for Dungeons and Dragons fans.

It's definitely interesting. The 30 min episodes help lol

Just now, Mike030270 said:

It's definitely interesting. The 30 min episodes help lol

Most cartoons are 30 min.  I wouldn't recommend it if not for Scanlan.  That character is way funnier than Witcher's Jaskier and makes the show all on his own.

On 12/11/2021 at 1:47 PM, Mike030270 said:

It's the last season and there's only 6 episodes 

Felt really rushed but still a better ending than GoT

1 hour ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

Felt really rushed but still a better ending than GoT

Absolutely.

Spoiler

They didn't butcher the ending like GoT showrunners. Expanse even left it open for it to be taken over. Though I don't see that happening anytime soon sadly