Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Malignant.   

Probably the biggest piece of crap I’ve seen in a few years.  Don’t bother.  You’re welcome.  

Malignant was hilariously awesome 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Malignant.   

Probably the biggest piece of crap I’ve seen in a few years.  Don’t bother.  You’re welcome.  

Total piece of crap

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looks good.   Old victim comes back 50 years later to take out old killer who’s still hobbling around   Hmm   

Try anything and you're canceled, bro :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Looks good.   Old victim comes back 50 years later to take out old killer who’s still hobbling around   Hmm   

Woof. Somebody copied homework and changed just enough so it wasn't exactly Halloween Kills

• Like 1

Just watched ROT on Shudder.

Weird mass possession pseudo-zombie concoction with a wild ending.
Too many characters but overall I liked it.

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2022 at 8:49 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh...it was hilarious.  Awesome isn't a word I would have used.  But when the reveal happens, you seriously can't help but laugh your ass off.  

It had a corny Nightmare on Elm Street vibe to it.....

yep. it gets a passing grade from me based on that alone. Any movie that can pull that type of reaction from me... whether its emotional or in this case hysterical I think is worth the price of admission. 

• Like 1

Yes, which makes me wonder if it's a fake out.  I've seen the idea floating around that NOPE stands for Not Of Planet Earth.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Nope.

In all seriousness knowing Peele it could definitely be something different- either way I’m stoked to find out

• Like 3

This reminds me that I really liked the 2003 remake but I don't remember if I've watched it again since it was in theaters.  I definitely need to re-watch it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

This reminds me that I really liked the 2003 remake but I don't remember if I've watched it again since it was in theaters.  I definitely need to re-watch it.

I saw that one in theaters too - was good.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I saw that one in theaters too - was good.  

The music and cinematography was awesome in this movie.  That house and town were both so unsettling the entire time.  Movies like this one have been lacking in recent years.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hputenis said:

The music and cinematography was awesome in this movie.  That house and town were both so unsettling the entire time.  Movies like this one have been lacking in recent years.  

R. Lee Ermey was a great casting choice 

• Haha 1

For anyone that likes anthology/short story stuff I randomly found Oats Studio on Netflix. Its a bunch of high end short story films that were used to gauge interest if they should be feature films. Neil Blomkamp started the company so there’s a lot of his sci-fi spin to it, but it’s a decent way to kill 30 mins at a time. 

The one called Zygote with Dakota Fanning was awesome. One of the best monster/creatures I’ve seen in movies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Studio 666 yesterday. It’s the kind of stupid fun horror movie that got made in the 80s but not so much anymore. It’s the opposite of elevated horror but that’s a good thing.  I thought it was fun with some cool kills and effects. I assume fans of the band would like it even more than me.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 2:05 PM, Shepard Wong said:

That was the last really good Texas Chainsaw film, they won’t make remakes like that anymore and that was around the same time as the hills have eyes remake in 2004 I believe it was? Both of those films were solid, it’s just too bad remakes won’t be as good in this modern world 

• Like 1

I saw an awesome one last night.  I decided to bite the bullet and rent it on Amazon for $3.99.  I've been seeing reviews for this movie for the past 5 years, and all of them have raved about it, but for some reason, it is NEVER a free stream on anything (Shudder, Amazon, Tubi, Netflix).  It's called Session 9, and it was one of the best psychological thriller/horror movies I've seen in awhile.  I STRONGLY recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it!  

On 2/15/2022 at 5:05 PM, Shepard Wong said:

My review on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre is decent.  It's definitely worth the watch, but it was nowhere near the 2003 version.  The characters are unlikeable, woke, entitled, granola eating a-holes, but I guess they meant to attract the younger generation for this one.  

Spoiler

However, the kills in this movie and the way they all died almost COMPLETELY made up for it.  I don't think there was one kill in the movie that wasn't horrifying.  The scene in the bus was ridiculously awesome and hilarious  🤣