Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

I saw something on Shudder but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Gist of it was 3 girls were on vacation and some alien dog that looks like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog crashes in their pool. They take care of it and eventually it has sex with them and impregnates them but for some reason the one girl wasn't DTF so she lived.

It was decent. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I saw something on Shudder but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. Gist of it was 3 girls were on vacation and some alien dog that looks like Triumph the Insult Comic Dog crashes in their pool. They take care of it and eventually it has sex with them and impregnates them but for some reason the one girl wasn't DTF so she lived.

It was decent. 

The Seed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The Seed

Welp.........Forget Sixers game 5 tonight!  

Ttu GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was decent. 

Looks like I had already begun this adventure and I didn’t even know it.  Either my wife was nagging me about something or I hated it. Either way we’ll all find out soon!

B7B7A476-E0A4-4737-B8F1-A0212699CA60.jpeg

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Looks like I had already begun this adventure and I didn’t even know it.  Either my wife was nagging me about something or I hated it. Either way we’ll all find out soon!

B7B7A476-E0A4-4737-B8F1-A0212699CA60.jpeg

The first 30ish mins are kinda boring. I kept with it because I thought to myself "it has to pick up at some point”. And by decent I mean it relatively speaking. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this is technically horror, but Killing of a Sacred Deer was pretty good. Kind of an inde slow burn, so won’t be for everyone, but I liked it.

About to watch You’re Next.

• Like 2

You’re Next was a fun kind of slasher type film. Not great or anything, but an entertaining watch. If I have one complaint it’s that they tried to throw in some 80’s retro type stuff here and there, but instead of it being cool and stylish it felt a bit forced and disjointed.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 11:15 PM, TEW said:

You’re Next was a fun kind of slasher type film. Not great or anything, but an entertaining watch. If I have one complaint it’s that they tried to throw in some 80’s retro type stuff here and there, but instead of it being cool and stylish it felt a bit forced and disjointed.

I love You're Next.  Fun horror movie just like Ready or Not.  I got drunk last week and ordered "As Above So Below," one of my favorite found footage horror movies, although Lake Mungo and Horror in the High Desert are both awesome as well.  I don't think anything tops Hell House, LLC for found footage.  That movie creeps me out to my core.  

image.jpeg.8427ce3cbc19e693cfa82fa1d698b0ca.jpeg

Most recently, I saw one called Leaving DC, and it was fantastic up until the end........but still worth the watch.  

On 4/17/2022 at 9:20 PM, homerpat said:

Please tell me where you watched The Sadness.  Please. Have been dying to see it 

This was up there as the grossest movie I've ever seen.  It was well done (cinematography), but it was absolutely ridiculous.  My favorite part about the film was the creepy black eyes once victims were contaminated.  They looked the part.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

I love You're Next.  Fun horror movie just like Ready or Not.  I got drunk last week and ordered "As Above So Below," one of my favorite found footage horror movies, although Lake Mungo and Horror in the High Desert are both awesome as well.  I don't think anything tops Hell House, LLC for found footage.  That movie creeps me out to my core.  

image.jpeg.8427ce3cbc19e693cfa82fa1d698b0ca.jpeg

Most recently, I saw one called Leaving DC, and it was fantastic up until the end........but still worth the watch.  

Hell House has 2 more sequels and a 4th and final forthcoming. I enjoyed the series. 

• Like 1

Finally watched the new Sceam over the weekend. It was a typical "re-quel" as they point out in the dialogue but it was a fun watch. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gannan said:

Finally watched the new Sceam over the weekend. It was a typical "re-quel" as they point out in the dialogue but it was a fun watch. 

IMO, it just didn't live up to the original Sceam series.

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Looks like an instant classic!

This instantly became the movie I am most looking forward to.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

This instantly became the movie I am most looking forward to.  

I’m reading that it might only be a home invasion movie with some a-holes in a Pooh mask. I hope that’s not the case.

I feel like they would be able to get very creative with this plot, especially with a consistently pantsless Pooh and an always creepy Christopher Robin. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, hputenis said:

I’m reading that it might only be a home invasion movie with some a-holes in a Pooh mask. I hope that’s not the case.

I feel like they would be able to get very creative with this plot, especially with a consistently pantsless Pooh and an always creepy Christopher Robin. 

I heard that it was about Christopher Robin abandoning/starving Pooh and piglet to where they become more of their wild animal instincts and prey upon humans out of hunger and spite 

• Haha 1

Need a Dr Seuss horror movie with a guy who only talks in rhymes 

• Haha 1

@Shepard Wong

I went nuts on Amazon Prime. I now own "As Above So Below,” Lake Mungo, Horror in the High Desert (I can’t recommend this enough), the Thing (1982), Hell House the Director’s Cut, the Bay (awesome and disgusting), and the Houses that October Built. 

image.gif

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 11:29 AM, Mike030270 said:

Oh. Pandorum was really good IMO. Surprised it was rated so badly

I was late to the game on this recommendation but this movie is AWESOME!  

• Like 1

Watching the Thing (1982) on Blu Ray this morning. I forgot how disgusting this movie is.  😂 What a brilliant movie for 1982. It withstands the test of time. 

Also, I didn’t realize the newer version, which is also really good, is actually meant to be the prequel to the 1982 version.  They paid attention to the details too like when they found the mutated alien that conjoined faces with the one guy.  Good thing my pants were on during that scene. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hputenis said:

Watching the Thing (1982) on Blu Ray this morning. I forgot how disgusting this movie is.  😂 What a brilliant movie for 1982. It withstands the test of time. 

Also, I didn’t realize the newer version, which is also really good, is actually meant to be the prequel to the 1982 version.  They paid attention to the details too like when they found the mutated alien that conjoined faces with the one guy.  Good thing my pants were on during that scene. 

Went with my boss and a few others to see in theaters last October 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hputenis said:

The Thing prequel is very underrated.

Watched the Candyman remake or whatever it was, it sucked. 

• Like 1