Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

V/H/S 94 is on Shudder and is a decent watch for anyone into the found footage genre. Not as good as the original but better than the other sequels imo 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

V/H/S 94 is on Shudder and is a decent watch for anyone into the found footage genre. Not as good as the original but better than the other sequels imo 

I love anthologies and was thoroughly disappointed in this. the other sequels, which weren’t great, were better IMO. The asian robot story was decent, but rest was boring. Maybe I need to rewatch if others really liked it

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

My thoughts on Halloween kills....Well like.most sequels or 2nd movies of these kinds of things, they can't help themselves and go way over the top. The mob mentality was corny as hell. 

I loved the 1st one blumhouse did in 2018 but, this one was a bit ridiculous. Maybe they meant it to be that way but, meh. I didn't hate it but, it's Halloween movie. Entertaining for the most part and the murders Michael does are absolutely brutal they didn't hold back in this one. 

big john ^

On 10/16/2021 at 12:55 AM, Mike030270 said:

Halloween Kills

Not good. Normally you watch this for the kills but the story and side stories they throw in were really bad

There were so many stupid moments it took away from the kills

I still would like to see a Michael vs Jason movie (I think Jason wins)

little john ^ 

• Haha 2

Watched "3 from Hell”. Meh. Should have stopped at Devils Rejects. This one felt unbelievable and unnecessary as well as pointless. 

• Like 2

Chucky on usa/syfy is actually not bad at all... I had really low expectations since most of the movies after Child's Play 3 were all pretty meh but this has been pretty good... If you liked the older Child's Play movies its worth watching... 

6 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Watched "3 from Hell”. Meh. Should have stopped at Devils Rejects. This one felt unbelievable and unnecessary as well as pointless. 

I had pretty much the same reaction to this one. I spent most of the movie just waiting for it to be over. 

• Like 2

:roll:

Fictional murderer Michael Myers is ‘homophobic’ after latest film features death of same-sex couple

Expand

ACJ6EDJ45ZHUDBRMYBXCCTWJFA.jpg

Halloween Kills Michael Myers (aka The Shape) in Halloween Kills, directed by David Gordon Green (Ryan Green/Universal Pictures)

October 27, 2021 at 3:35 pm EDT

By Joe Kelley

Fictional psychopathic serial killer Michael Myer kills no fewer than 27 people in the latest in the Halloween movie franchise.

If you consider that the latest movie in the franchise, Halloween Kills, is the 11th film in the series, the body count is surely in the hundreds.

But the murder of a same-sex couple in the newest movie has some people labeling the fake character "homophobic.”

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

:roll:

Wouldn’t it be homophobic if he didn’t kill them? Michael Myers is an all inclusive killer 

• Haha 2

For what it's worth, I know a decent number of horror writers, editors, and podcasters that are members and vocal supporters of the LGBTQ+ community and they are largely annoyed or laughing at TMZ for publishing that garbage.

• Like 2

I saw M Night's new movie, "Old," the other night, and it was meh.  The ending actually wasn't as bad as some of his others (Lady in the Water, the Happening), but there is a plot hole that is driving me absolutely insane for anyone who sees it.  

Spoiler

How could they put their heads underwater for even a second?  Wouldn't instant drowning work just like the rapid infection of being stabbed by a rusty knife on that 'ukn beach?  

12 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I remember the hype around 31 and being let down

Speaking of Rob Zombie, I started Lords of Salem a few days back.  I didn't get to finish it but I was into it.  Looking forward to the rest of it.  I'm not usually the biggest fan of Sheri but I thought she was good enough so far in that one.  Hope it pays off well.

I run hot and cold with Zombie's stuff so I don't usually prioritize seeing them when they come out but  I get around to them eventually.  I haven't seen 31 yet.  It looks like a mix of Most Dangerous Game and 13 Tzameti.  Maybe I'll check that one out next. 

I'm looking for something to watch beside the endless stream of true crime series on Hulu and Netflix that have been taking up so much of my time.

• Like 1

Seeing last night in soho in a few hours. Don’t know anything other than the trailer looked wonky 

6 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Seeing last night in soho in a few hours. Don’t know anything other than the trailer looked wonky 

Film definitely falls somewhere in the thriller/suspense/horror genre 

11 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Speaking of Rob Zombie, I started Lords of Salem a few days back.  I didn't get to finish it but I was into it.  Looking forward to the rest of it.  I'm not usually the biggest fan of Sheri but I thought she was good enough so far in that one.  Hope it pays off well.

I run hot and cold with Zombie's stuff so I don't usually prioritize seeing them when they come out but  I get around to them eventually.  I haven't seen 31 yet.  It looks like a mix of Most Dangerous Game and 13 Tzameti.  Maybe I'll check that one out next. 

I'm looking for something to watch beside the endless stream of true crime series on Hulu and Netflix that have been taking up so much of my time.

Lords of Salem the movie is his worst IMO. The only reason being said is because if you read his book of the film you can understand why it could not be made into a film without being completely watered down. The book is so much better and the story makes more sense. If this were Korea or the French this movie could be made following the book in better detail. America has so much restriction as to what can be put on screen. I didn’t like the movie because the book was so much more and it couldn’t be put on screen for the violence. Lords of Salem was a let down for me but I understand why 

Watched A Quiet Place II and Paranormal Activity Next of Kin yesterday. AQP 2 was better. PA had its moments, and the end was bonkers in a similar way to Malignant, but finding out why led to questions about why other things happened earlier in the movie.

• Like 1

Stuck to the Halloween tradition and watched Evil Dead 2 last night.  It's really a shame that they can't put together a remake with the overall feel of ED2, and the effects of today.  What was once a relentless, terrifying, at times hilarious trip, now seems almost ridiculously cartoonish.  And the Alvarez attempt to remake the original didn't have anything close to the same feel. 

• Like 1

finally got around to watching the zombieland sequel.  damn...it was pretty bad. :lol: seemed like they were playing cartoon versions of themselves from the first movie. 

• Like 1

I don’t remember if I’ve posted about this in here before but there is a film collective called Exhumed Films that organizes retro horror screenings around the Philly area. Once a year, except last year, they host a 24 hour horrorthon, which is usually 14 or 15 horror movies that run consecutively from Noon on Saturday until about Noon on Sunday, with classic trailers shown in between screenings. The movies aren’t announced ahead of time but when you get there, they give you a list of intentionally vague clues and the audience submits their guesses on ballots before it starts. The top three people get some pretty cool prizes. They usually mix it up with some classics, some rare stuff you may have heard of but few have seen, and a few in the middle of the night that no one has heard of that are usually bizarre enough to make you question your sanity around 2-4 am while watching your 14 in a state of semi-consciousness. It’s running this weekend. After not going last year due to a Covid related cancellation, I can’t wait.  It’s like heaven for horror movie geeks.  Plus, this year, since it’s the same night clocks fall back an hour, it will actually be 25 hours.

60992642-BB68-495B-8A39-ED1E7434BB4E.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Sample ballot from 2 years ago

E39B86BC-A5D4-44B1-B0AF-DFCEB38A53A2.jpeg

1. The Fly

2. Event Horizon

3. Salo

5. Sleepaway Camp

8. Abby

9. Possession

10. Dawn of the Dead

13. Let the right one in

14. It

I'm bad at this

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You didn't get any but Abby was a great guess.  When I saw the ballot for the first time I knew it was either Abby or the movie it actually was.  It was one of the ones I guessed right.  It also helps that I know which movies they've done before since they rarely repeat movies.

12 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

You didn't get any but Abby was a great guess.  When I saw the ballot for the first time I knew it was either Abby or the movie it actually was.  It was one of the ones I guessed right.  It also helps that I know which movies they've done before since they rarely repeat movies.

Yea, figured I was going too main stream with the guesses. What was #1?