Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

19 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

Hmm.  Maybe The Long Night?

Adding this one to the list.  Looks awesome! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Agnes?  

Although she isn't blonde

8, 3, 2, 1, 5, 4, 7, 6

• Haha 4

On 3/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, Shepard Wong said:

I saw X over the weekend and dug it. Worth a watch. 

It looks kinda like The Visit but it’s A24 so of course I’m having high expectations 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I watched "The Night House" over the weekend (streaming on HBO Max). A pretty good ghost story / mystery about a widowed wife alone at a lake house. Her husband killed himself and left a cryptic note behind. Weirdness ensues. Not a slasher horror, but a good psychological horror story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gannan said:

I watched "The Night House" over the weekend (streaming on HBO Max). A pretty good ghost story / mystery about a widowed wife alone at a lake house. Her husband killed himself and left a cryptic note behind. Weirdness ensues. Not a slasher horror, but a good psychological horror story. 

I didn't know it was on any streaming services.  Nice.  I've been wanting to watch this one.

• Like 1

Anyone into Asian horror? Been on a binge the last few days. Finally got my hands on The Sadness.

The Grudge movies, Ring movies, Shutter (creepy ending), Dumplings (don't watch while eating), Tale of Two Sisters.

They can get away with a lot of stuff

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Anyone into Asian horror? Been on a binge the last few days. Finally got my hands on The Sadness.

The Grudge movies, Ring movies, Shutter (creepy ending), Dumplings (don't watch while eating), Tale of Two Sisters.

Please tell me where you watched The Sadness.  Please. Have been dying to see it 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

There are some great ones out there if you are ok with reading subtitles.  

Gonjiam: The Haunted Asylum

The Wailing

Noroi: The Curse

All fantastic Asian horror films

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

The Wailing

I'd much rather subtitles as dub overs in a lot of Asian movies are awful. Finally watched The Sadness. Good if you love gore, but the ending was absolutely horrendous.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 9:57 AM, hputenis said:

The Wailing

I watched The Wailing last night. I was into it until the end. I was so confused I had to look up an explanation as to what was going on.

• Haha 1

Saw Possessor last night on Hulu. It's sci-fi horror directed by Cronenbergs kid. Was a pretty good watch with some gnarly body horror stuff. And they showed full on legs spread, shaved V!

• Like 3

Shudder was eager to have The Sadness join the platform, with Craig Engler, General Manager of Shudder saying "The Sadness is a brutal, boundary-pushing shocker, one of the boldest and bloodiest we’ve ever acquired. We anticipate it having a legendary and well-deserved following among Shudder members.”

The film will be available exclusively on Shudder in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand on Thursday, May 12.

• Like 4

The Sadness was about as gross as you could get violent wise. Some parts were so weird it was comical. The director got a lot of ideas from the CROSSED comic book series.

Spoiler

Main character saves a victim by chasing off the guys who were beating him up and ramming him crotch first into a pole. Victim yells at the guy for saving him because he was close to having an orgasm.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

The Sadness was about as gross as you could get violent wise. Some parts were so weird it was comical. The director got a lot of ideas from the CROSSED comic book series.

Spoiler

Main character saves a victim by chasing off the guys who were beating him up and ramming him crotch first into a pole. Victim yells at the guy for saving him because he was close to having an orgasm.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Hide contents

I hate movies like that. Like whatever Human Centipede sequel had a guy eating a jar of clitorises for no reason whatsoever other than a 13 year old to think thats hilarious. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I hate movies like that. Like whatever Human Centipede sequel had a guy eating a jar of clitorises for no reason whatsoever other than a 13 year old to think thats hilarious. 

I’ll still watch it once for the shock factor but most likely never again.  As long as I have pants on during movies like this things usually don’t get too crazy. 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch of down time so I decided to start a marathon of old British thrillers today. I started with Bunny Lake is Missing and then See No Evil.

• Haha 1

Go Sixers!!  Anyway……I started watching a new low budget that seems to be awesome. It’s called "Leaving DC.”  I highly recommend unless you’re a poor. @vikas83  It costs  $0.99 on Amazon, and I don’t know about you guys….but I wouldn’t want my wife to see that bill.  😂

This is actually a good found footage/low budget horror movie though.  Watch it or fight me.   

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:22 PM, Shepard Wong said:

Last one for the day

I know I started this thread, but your commitment to horror since its inception is beyond admirable. There’s no way I could get through some of these movies and I’m almost 41.  You just appreciate it more than me and I give you a golf clap for it sir. 

image.gif.62512aab2715824a789abe1e64dcdcd5.gif

On 4/19/2022 at 2:14 PM, mikemack8 said:

So weird that this movie is available on Shudder on my birthday. I know where my pants will be that day.  Not on me!  

That reminds me. Anyone ever seen the ending of Hunter Hunter?