Horror Movie Thread

hputenis

On 10/20/2023 at 8:04 AM, sameaglesfan said:

The wife and I are 7/8 through this one.  Very entertaining (if a trifle vulgar for my tastes).

I'm two episodes in and enjoying it so far. Only problem is that it's too diverse and all the characters are gay, but other than that, solid. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

that winnie the pooh horror movie is on peacock if anyone cares.

No

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

It's really hard to watch in all the wrong ways and that's coming from me, who watches and enjoys some of the worst movies ever made. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

It's really hard to watch in all the wrong ways and that's coming from me, who watches and enjoys some of the worst movies ever made. 

Now I can't wait to see it.  

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

This is of course the only streaming service I don't have.  

Recently saw "the Puppetman" on Shudder and it was pretty good.  It reminded me of a lower budget Final Desination.  It was pretty disturbing from start to finish, and some of the death scenes will make you cringe.  

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Fun little article ranking the top ten best years for horror movies dating back 100 years.  The NBA part is stupid IMO but the rest is good.

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2023/10/31/23938571/best-horror-movie-years-ranking

The choices are fine but JFC isn't there some editor who could have checked the movie names for him.  This Old Dark House?  Does he think it's a Bob Villa zombie movie?

• Haha 3

The Nun 2 is streaming on Max. I didn’t think it was as terrible as other people did, but I’ve always been a sucker for a demonic possession movie. And Taissa Farmiga is super cute.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, hputenis said:

Recently saw "the Puppetman" on Shudder and it was pretty good.  It reminded me of a lower budget Final Desination.  It was pretty disturbing from start to finish, and some of the death scenes will make you cringe.  

Cool good talk!  Anyway. I’m rewatching Haunt right now @Shepard Wong. This movie rules. One of the most underrated and unknown horror movies ever. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Cool good talk!  Anyway. I’m rewatching Haunt right now @Shepard Wong. This movie rules. One of the most underrated and unknown horror movies ever. 

I’m a big fan of Haunt.  I rewatched it a few months back too and it held up.  I’ve been thinking of rewatching Hell Fest.  Not as good as Haunt but at the time I remember liking it more than the reviews I was hearing about it.

• Like 1

"Where Evil Lurks” on Shudder. Extremely disturbing and great action from start to finish. It leaves you with that uneasy feeling that a good horror movie should.  It’s in Argentina so Spanish subtitles. I highly recommend. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hputenis said:

"Where Evil Lurks” on Shudder. Extremely disturbing and great action from start to finish. It leaves you with that uneasy feeling that a good horror movie should.  It’s in Argentina so Spanish subtitles. I highly recommend. 

This has been on my watchlist. I’ll have to get to it ASAP.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 10:27 PM, Shepard Wong said:

I’m a big fan of Haunt.  I rewatched it a few months back too and it held up.  I’ve been thinking of rewatching Hell Fest.  Not as good as Haunt but at the time I remember liking it more than the reviews I was hearing about it.

thanks both for recommending Haunt. Was not aware of it, but enjoyed it

• Like 2

On 11/5/2023 at 4:35 AM, hputenis said:

This movie was wild! Very fun film 

• Like 1

I’ve posted about it before, but the Devil’s Rejects is my favorite horror movie. It delivers from start to finish. This scene is the best. Sid Haig is perfect in this role. That kid is the worst actor ever. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hputenis said:

I’ve posted about it before, but the Devil’s Rejects is my favorite horror movie. It delivers from start to finish. This scene is the best. Sid Haig is perfect in this role. That kid is the worst actor ever. 

Hands down Rob Zombies best film without question. Absolutely love this movie 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, hputenis said:

This is my favorite of Rob Zombie’s movies.  I saw it in the theater when it came out and it played so great with an audience.  I also liked Lords of Salem more than most of the reviews I saw of it.  Kind of the polar opposite of this one tonally but I thought it worked pretty well.  I’m not usually much of a fan of his wife in his films but she was good in both of these.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is my favorite of Rob Zombie’s movies.  I saw it in the theater when it came out and it played so great with an audience.  I also liked Lords of Salem more than most of the reviews I saw of it.  Kind of the polar opposite of this one tonally but I thought it worked pretty well.  I’m not usually much of a fan of his wife in his films but she was good in both of these.

Have you read the book for Lords of Salem? If you liked the movie you will absolutely love the book. I hated Lords of Salem as a film and it’s one of Zombie’s worst movies IMO, however if you read the book you will understand why the movie is trash. The movie should of never been made because it can not be made into a film in America. The book is beyond gruesome and it has so much more into it that the book made the movie seem like PG film. There was so much left out that either Rob couldn’t budget it but my belief is that because the story can not be made onto American filming. Put the movie rights in the hands of let’s say a French, Italian, Spanish, or Korean horror filmmakers and release it elsewhere the movie would of been more justified and well received. Should have left that one alone because you read the book and then you’ll say "well where the hell was this story?” Light years better IMO very different then what we got on film 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RoadToHell said:

Have you read the book for Lords of Salem? If you liked the movie you will absolutely love the book. I hated Lords of Salem as a film and it’s one of Zombie’s worst movies IMO, however if you read the book you will understand why the movie is trash. The movie should have never been made because it can not be made into a film in America. The book is beyond gruesome and it has so much more into it that the book made the movie seem like PG film. There was so much left out that either Rob couldn’t budget it but my belief is that because the story can not be made onto American filming. Put the movie rights in the hands of let’s say a French, Italian, Spanish, or Korean horror filmmakers and release it elsewhere the movie would have been more justified and well received. Should have left that one alone because you read the book and then you’ll say "well where the hell was this story?” Light years better IMO very different then what we got on film 

I never read it but now I want to.  I find that I prefer watching adaptations before reading the source book.  Books are just naturally more expansive.  I’ll have to check it out.

• Like 1

Yes, please

Edit:  OK apparently this isn't brand new - it hit film festivals over the summer and is available to rent for 5.99 on Prime :lol: Might check it out tonight 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Yes, please

Edit:  OK apparently this isn't brand new - it hit film festivals over the summer and is available to rent for 5.99 on Prime :lol: Might check it out tonight 

I rented this the other night but didn't get to watch it.  Damn kids.  

Also:

• Haha 1