The official Hurts/Minshew/Stinnett/Strong/EJ Perry containment thread

jsb235

7 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Definitely played like a big pile of ish

Well, to be fair, I didn't "see" it. But he apparently thought he did poorly. That's good. If there's a great player in Carson Strong, he'll be motivated for the right reasons and get there. I'm still looking forward to the preseason games to get an idea of where he's at in his transition to the NFL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Usually when training camp begins, the defense is ahead of the offense. This year, I believe we have some very good defensive players, many of which are very smart. There will be plenty of mistakes by the offense, especially early. People are focusing on Hurts and Strong for reasons we all are aware of, but the reality is that both players need TC reps to continue to improve. Expectations for Strong should be tempered while he gets acclimated to the NFL, the speed, a new offense, and new teammates. He will make a lot of mistakes early. He can learn from them to become a better player. Hopefully, he shows enough to win a spot on the final roster and can be groomed without pressure during his rookie year. 

Obviously Hurts is farther along, entering his 3rd year. He needs to continue to improve. He'll make mistakes in camp and when he does, he needs to learn from them. In the end, it's the real games that matter. 

What's weird is nobody seems to care (or report) about Minshew or Sinnett. 

Minshew has been reported on plenty. Up and down camp. 

received_1254379915365366.jpeg

I've been high on Strong all offseason and wont waver on that until i see him play in the preseason. He's a gamer so i expect him to play better once he's in live action.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

If Hurts could do that he'd be a good qb

1 minute ago, weko said:

If Hurts could do that he'd be a good qb

Absolutely and that's what all his fans and coaches are hoping occurs...problem is his completion percentage beyond 5 yards is a good indicator that's not happening. So we will have to wait 5-6 games until the coach give up or he gets hurt (which I hope doesn't) to have a real NFL offense vs one with all the comforts a non throwing QB needs to  not expose his failures in the passing game

29 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I've been high on Strong all offseason and wont waver on that until i see him play in the preseason. He's a gamer so i expect him to play better once he's in live action.

He needs to separate himself from the other 3 QB’s with his arm talent. Sinnett and Minshew both have probably similar arm strength, with Hurts just above both of them. Strong needs to rip some passes in camp and not throw the floaters that have been reported.  The floater is what got intercepted at the Senior Bowl.  Even if he can’t fully step into them yet, he’s gotta show some of the velocity that he hit during two minute drills at Nevada. I watched the games and he’s got it, but as an NFL QB you just can’t switch up your mechanics to suit each pass, (unless it’s off schedule) but coaches want to see consistency, not guessing yourself on every throw. 
 Hopefully between OTA’s and Preseason he worked with Jordan Palmer some more since I’m sure Palmer drilled that into his head. If he can’t learn it or his knee just won’t let him, he won’t be on any NFL teams roster.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

So Minshew is actually more of a rookie than Hurts

24 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

He needs to separate himself from the other 3 QB’s with his arm talent. 

He will. They were his first reps in team drills so i dont think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. People who dont think he's any good are already taking victory laps before he's even played in a single preseason game lol. I'll reserve my judgement for when i see him in live action. I want to see how he's moving and how the ball comes out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So Minshew is actually more of a rookie than Hurts

2nd team 2nd year rookie. Yes. 

In all seriousness. My favorite thing about the Hurts vs Minshew conversation is that Hurts is trying to get where minshew already is and minshew only has three more starts for his career.... Maybe one is just better than the other and those who down minshew have something against him...like dislike he is better than their choice of qb

1 hour ago, KDUB1510 said:

He will. They were his first reps in team drills so i dont think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. People who dont think he's any good are already taking victory laps before he's even played in a single preseason game lol. I'll reserve my judgement for when i see him in live action. I want to see how he's moving and how the ball comes out. 

I know he will, it drives me a bit crazy seeing Corral and Howell doing well in preseason, that’s all. 

9 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Usually when training camp begins, the defense is ahead of the offense. This year, I believe we have some very good defensive players, many of which are very smart. There will be plenty of mistakes by the offense, especially early. People are focusing on Hurts and Strong for reasons we all are aware of, but the reality is that both players need TC reps to continue to improve. Expectations for Strong should be tempered while he gets acclimated to the NFL, the speed, a new offense, and new teammates. He will make a lot of mistakes early. He can learn from them to become a better player. Hopefully, he shows enough to win a spot on the final roster and can be groomed without pressure during his rookie year. 

Obviously Hurts is farther along, entering his 3rd year. He needs to continue to improve. He'll make mistakes in camp and when he does, he needs to learn from them. In the end, it's the real games that matter. 

What's weird is nobody seems to care (or report) about Minshew or Sinnett. 

Minshew is what he is. A good backup. And a character. 

with the roster we built, this is all about finding a franchise qb. Doubtful its hurts. Strong is an unknown but obviously curious to see what he can do

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Minshew is what he is. A good backup. And a character. 

with the roster we built, this is all about finding a franchise qb. Doubtful its hurts. Strong is an unknown but obviously curious to see what he can do

Minshew is ready to play today.

Strong needs some time.

Even the great Jalen Hurts didn't start until late in his first rookie season.

19 hours ago, The Blackfish said:

I know he will, it drives me a bit crazy seeing Corral and Howell doing well in preseason, that’s all. 

I thought Pickett and Corrall would go in top 11 picks.

Pickett got picked at 20th overall by the Steelers.

Corrall got picked 94th overall by Carolina.

Howell went at 144th overall to WAS.

Surprised they lasted that long.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

I thought Pickett and Corrall would go in top 11 picks.

Pickett got picked at 20th overall by the Steelers.

Corrall got picked 94th overall by Carolina.

Howell went at 144th overall to WAS.

Surprised they lasted that long.

I was surprised as well especially for Howell, who this time last year was considered by most sites as a top 10 pick, he wasn’t awful at NC, but he did lose a lot of good players to the NFL. 

20 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I was surprised as well especially for Howell, who this time last year was considered by most sites as a top 10 pick, he wasn’t awful at NC, but he did lose a lot of good players to the NFL. 

You mean, like Carson Strong, players do not get drafted where they are projected ??????

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

You mean, like Carson Strong, players do not get drafted where they are projected ??????

Early on for sure, ( projecting 2023, Will Anderson is going number 1) since there isn’t a Lawrence or Luck in that draft, as for Strong, you already know I wanted him here forever and didn’t care what round he got drafted in, I didn’t  think he’d go un-drafted. 
 I wonder if Corral was a possibility for Howie in the 3rd if Dean wasn’t there, he was the only QB they had in for a visit. It’ll be hilarious if he has a better camp than Baker and Square Head. 

23 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

I'm going to the first preseason game against the jets. first row behind jets sideline. will and watch a lot of Carson Strong

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

I'm going to the first preseason game against the jets. first row behind jets sideline. will and watch a lot of Carson Strong

I'll be interested to hear your perspective of what you seen from him. I just feel he is a good fit for the style of offense we want to run. Reports havent been great so far but he's also a rookie who's barely getting reps and throwing to guys like Britain Covey and Lance Lenoir... hopefully he performs well vs the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

I'll be interested to hear your perspective of what you seen from him. I just feel he is a good fit for the style of offense we want to run. Reports havent been great so far but he's also a rookie who's barely getting reps and throwing to guys like Britain Covey and Lance Lenoir... hopefully he performs well vs the Jets. 

Not expecting much honestly. But still thrilled to be there. Watching all the young guys competing for a spot. Want to see how he handles the pocket against 2nd and 3rd sting O-lineman. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 7:46 PM, Shalodeep said:

Absolutely and that's what all his fans and coaches are hoping occurs...problem is his completion percentage beyond 5 yards is a good indicator that's not happening. So we will have to wait 5-6 games until the coach give up or he gets hurt (which I hope doesn't) to have a real NFL offense vs one with all the comforts a non throwing QB needs to  not expose his failures in the passing game

It is in all likelihood not the coaches that make the decision on Hurts. Or at least hold veto power over the coach's choice.

4 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

It is in all likelihood not the coaches that make the decision on Hurts. Or at least hold veto power over the coach's choice.

Wonder if Howie picks his wardrobe too

• Haha 1

I’m honestly shocked at how badly Minshew has been playing. Worrying if this is tanking his trade value.

Sinnett is looking solid, don’t sleep on him either.

If Sinnett continues to play solidly and Minshew struggles, I want to end up with: Hurts Sinnett Strong as our depth chart. Provided we find an optimal way to move Minshew.

I do NOT want Strong on the PS. We won’t be able to keep him, guaranteed. 

19 hours ago, Kwahu said:

I’m honestly shocked at how badly Minshew has been playing. Worrying if this is tanking his trade value.

If Sinnett continues to play solidly and Minshew struggles, I want to end up with: Hurts Sinnett Strong as our depth chart. Provided we find an optimal way to move Minshew.

What trade value does Minshee have? 😂 Do you recall what the Eagles gave up to get this dude? 

On 8/3/2022 at 7:34 PM, Kwahu said:

Id be shocked if they even try to trade him with this good of a team.  We need an experienced backup.  Remember, this is Minshew's first camp with the teammand that we just don't know much about his practice habits.  A week of camp isn't much sample size.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Id be shocked if they even try to trade him with this good of a team.  We need an experienced backup.  Remember, this is Minshew's first camp with the teammand that we just don't know much about his practice habits.  A week of camp isn't much sample size.

My understanding is that he isnt the best practice player. so we have two gamer QBs who don't show us ish in practice that we are supposed to be comfortable with lol I like minshew on the roster for the year. a near 4/1 TD/ int ratio and a good completion percentage. Dude spread the ball around and gave a few guys some stats. Not just one guy 

• Like 2