EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

46 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don’t think either of those graphs is worth the toilet paper they could be printed on.  The first graph on decision making was all over the map, listed Foles as the worst decision maker and Lamar Jackson right near the top ….. hmmmm 

You should read the article.  Decision making comes down to completion probability more than any other factor.  Other factors include throwing it to open receivers.  I think Hurts is getting a boost by primarily throwing the ball to open receivers on high probability throws.  He's also not going to be penalized by bad WR play such as stepping out of bounds before making the catch.  https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-evaluating-quarterbacks-decision-making-process  

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

The interesting part of the Mayfield trade to the Panthers is it leaves the Texans as the only logical landing spot for Jimmy G.  Hard to imagine the Niners would even consider sending him to SEA.

I think SF is going to keep him.  

Does a Cox and Hurts for Jimmy G plus a young DLineman trade work? Asking for a friend.

What does that do to the cap?

16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's an odd graph.  It has Hurts and Wentz as Eagles.  But doesn't have Wentz as a Colt, when he started more as a Colt.  Meh...

I think they are giving the player the team he had the most snaps with as a starter which is why Brady is a Patriot.  It's dumb.  

1 hour ago, Bacarty2 said:

Panthers are now a playoff team. 

I would of loved Baker here for a 5th. 

They will be third in their division.  

Clearly the Eagles are all in with Hurts.  Doesn’t matter if Minshew or Strong look better than him in TC and preseason.  

I think Jimmy G stays in SF and Howie holds all the cards to fleece a team for Minshew if a starter goes down now that Baker has been moved.  

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

We would lose out on games like the snow bowl, but I agree with the take. 

If every team had to play on grass then it has some merit.But frankly, one of the joys of professional sport is adapting to the conditions. 

As for PFF, anything they produce where a number of people with different biases need to interpret what the play call is and/or who was responsible for who on a play, is no different to creating metrics using a magic 8 ball.  Anyone that willing pays for that is an idiot.

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

God awful take.  No idea why that punter is so popular.  Football should be played in the elements.  It's more fun to watch on TV and more fun to attend the games. I really despise how every new stadium being built these days is essentially an indoor stadium. 

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I don’t think either of those graphs is worth the toilet paper they could be printed on.  The first graph on decision making was all over the map, listed Foles as the worst decision maker and Lamar Jackson right near the top ….. hmmmm 

This might come as shocking to you but Nick Foles is a career journeyman backup QB meanwhile Lamar Jackson is a MVP franchise QB. 

43 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Clearly the Eagles are all in with Hurts.  Doesn’t matter if Minshew or Strong look better than him in TC and preseason.  

I think Jimmy G stays in SF and Howie holds all the cards to fleece a team for Minshew if a starter goes down now that Baker has been moved.  

Eagles can’t risking trading Minshew.  You think a UDFA will be entrusted to QB for the season if Hurts goes down in Week 1?  Never mind on a knee that isn’t medically sound yet

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

This might come as shocking to you but Nick Foles is a career journeyman backup QB meanwhile Lamar Jackson is a MVP franchise QB. 

and then the playoffs started ……

Carolina has two mediocre QBs behind an awful OL and a flawed rookie.  There is a chance that Mayfield could beat out Darnold and a chance that Darnold is beaten out by Mayfield.  Given that OL, the likelihood is both get starts. Panthers have more capital invested in Darnold. 

28 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

How many SBs has ol Lamar won?  You should love foles, we all do

9 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

RTK is obviously very jealous of BDN’s most famous asset 

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

I have a cold weather city/warm stadium theory: those teams aren’t tough and rarely amount to much.

Colts history is littered in crap, with a brief respite from happening on one of the greatest QBs who ever lived.

Lions history is a disaster.

Vikings history is a disaster, minus the 60’s when they had an outdoor stadium.

—————

Packers always outdoors, team is tough as nails. 

Seattle outdoors, no one ever calls that team ****.

Eagles outdoors, we have a reputation opposite of pussydom.

Every single team should do whatever Pittsburgh is doing.

Pats, Giants, Ravens, Bills, Bears…. Who wants to visit those places in a conference championship in January? 

Tear down Ford Field and the Lions might grow a spine. That and the Silver Dome have literally ruined their franchise.

14 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

We will see when his career is done.  But can't help pointing how how ridiculous it is for someone to act like Lamar Jackson somehow has worse decision making than Foles. He's a far superior QB.  There really isn't any statistical area where Foles has been better than Lamar. 

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

We will see when his career is done.  But can't help pointing how how ridiculous it is for someone to act like Lamar Jackson somehow has worse decision making than Foles. He's a far superior QB.  There really isn't any statistical area where Foles has been better than Lamar. 

There is won glaring stat

its the one where it says how many Super Bowls has Lamar won, you can have far superior, I’ll take foles

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

30 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Here we are.  RTK joins EMB, makes absurd takes, gets owned for those takes, puts people on ignore who own him, puts people on ignore who quote the people on ignore, then bashes legendary Eagles Super Bowl winning QB  Nick Foles.

Philly Special' emblematic of Nick Foles' bond with Doug Pederson

Nick Foles GIFs | Tenor

The only thing left is his eventual banning from the EMB.

3 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

What makes sense about it is that it takes the parity out of it a little. There’s only 17 games in the regular season. You want the best teams in the playoffs. And a snow/heavy rain game can be stolen by a worse team depending on the matchup and run game. Or drops. Or a number of things. And one loss can take a better team out of the playoffs. I agree, snow games are fun to watch. And with our current personnel, we probably are a better snow team than most. But I’d rather all teams have the same conditions to make things even. But at the same time, I prefer the team playing on grass than turf. But I agree with his overall sentiment. 

38 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

There is won glaring stat

its the one where it says how many Super Bowls has Lamar won, you can have far superior, I’ll take foles

Well chances are very likely that Lamar ends his career with at least the same amount of Super Bowl wins if not more.  He's a far superior QB and just a flatout winner.  

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Well chances are very likely that Lamar ends his career with at least the same amount of Super Bowl wins if not more.  He's a far superior QB and just a flatout winner.  

As evidenced by his 1-3 playoff record

Just now, downundermike said:

As evidenced by his 1-3 playoff record

Rational argument: I don’t trust the data presented, in part because I don’t believe (even during his JAX stint) that Foles was the worst decision-making QB in the NFL, nor do I believe Jackson is in the top 3 decision-making QBs

Troll reply:  Lamar Jackson is a better QB than Foles

RT-nuance-K

5 hours ago, KDUB1510 said:

I understand that but the question is who would you rather have quarterbacking the Eagles this season. That answer is unequivocally Trevor Lawrence IMO. You swap the two QB's and Jags probably go 0-16 last year while the eagles would still win 9+ games. The only .500 or better teams we've beaten under Hurts is the Tysom Hill led Saints and the Trevor Siemian led Saints. Lawrence on a dumpster fire team led the jags to three victories over .500 or better teams last season(Dolphins, Colts & Bills). Im taking him in our current situation over Hurts 100/100 times. 

I disagree.  

Archived