EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

On 7/1/2022 at 10:13 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

Phillies had Vince Dimaggio for a brief time.  He shared some DNA with Joe Dimaggio.  From my understanding... Joe was pretty good.  Vince... not so much.  But... Vince did lead the league in ONE stat 6 times in his career.  Anyone care to take a guess?   No cheating now, you are on the honor system (including leading the majors THREE times in that category!)

Hit by pitch ?

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Bucs never won a playoff game outside under 40 degrees...until they did. 

Packers never lost a playoff game in Lambeau, until they did. 

A black QB never won a Super Bowl, until one did. 

A black HC never won a Super Bowl, until one did. 

John Elway could never win a Super Bowl, until he did. 

Peyton Manning could never win the big one, until he did. 

Offenses that were pass heavy and weren't built around a strong running game never won a Super Bowl, until they did. 

A few things that don't fit here  the color of a QB or coaches skin wasn't a style of play or coaching. It was just being born with different pigment. I hate in 2022 I still have to read that crap. Elway and manning were already legends in their own right and just needed the right squad to help push them over that hump. The Packers and bucs is based advantages and disadvantages that are based off outside circumstances they don't control.  What you are arguing is the decision making and undisciplined style of a running QB hasn't won a ring yet is equivalent to those examples...it's not. A running QB can decide and learn a different game. No black coach or QB could learn to be white....like really dude. Grow the F up 

17 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Bucs never won a playoff game outside under 40 degrees...until they did. 

Packers never lost a playoff game in Lambeau, until they did. 

A black QB never won a Super Bowl, until one did. 

A black HC never won a Super Bowl, until one did. 

John Elway could never win a Super Bowl, until he did. 

Peyton Manning could never win the big one, until he did. 

Offenses that were pass heavy and weren't built around a strong running game never won a Super Bowl, until they did. 

Well, then maybe quit hyping him up, until he does something. 

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

A few things that don't fit here  the color of a QB or coaches skin wasn't a style of play or coaching. It was just being born with different pigment. I hate in 2022 I still have to read that crap. Elway and manning were already legends in their own right and just needed the right squad to help push them over that hump. The Packers and bucs is based advantages and disadvantages that are based off outside circumstances they don't control.  What you are arguing is the decision making and undisciplined style of a running QB hasn't won a ring yet is equivalent to those examples...it's not. A running QB can decide and learn a different game. No black coach or QB could learn to be white....like really dude. Grow the F up 

Visual representation of what @Shalodeep just did to RTK

How Do Superheroes Shave Their Chests? | Hulk smash gif, Hulk loki,  Avengers gif

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Do you watch football lol?

In 4 playoff games he's looked lost and like dog poop. 

In 2019, his first season, new system, new tape, he went 6-1 against teams over .500

Since then he' was 3-5 in the regular season, 1-3 in the playoffs 

Lamar blows my guy 

But he runs fast with SWAG..............

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

You strike me as a child so I don't blame you for not being old enough to recall but the narrative on Manning before he won his first Super Bowl that he was a choker in the playoffs.  That his decision making and play deteriorated when it came to big games in the lost season.  The discussion was never "Oh Peyton just doesn't have a good enough supporting cast". 

And yeah there was the presence of plenty of ignorant people who said a black QB and a black HC couldn't win a Super Bowl simply because of their race. 

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Well, then maybe quit hyping him up, until he does something. 

He has done something.  In his very young career he has become the youngest player in league history to win MVP.  He has an incredibly impressive win:loss record for his career. 

The funniest subplot to this season for the blog is how so many of you are actively rooting against Hurts in hopes that the Eagles move on from him at QB.  However if that does happen where the Eagles decide they are going to go with a different QB next year then that means that with a roster built to win now they are going to try to trade for a top veteran QB that can step in and help them contend.  They could try to move up in the draft to get a QB but with where the roster is at they will almost certainly try to obtain a top veteran first if possible.  And if you look at the current landscape of things in the NFL, the most likely top QB who might be available in a trade next offseason is Lamar.  So that would just be peak hilarity if everyone here celebrates that the Eagles have moved on from Hurts only to trade for Lamar who this blog also has an irrational hate for. 

11 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

No black coach or QB could learn to be white...

WRONG

Imagining Michael Vick as a white quarterback in the NFL - ESPN The Magazine

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Do you watch football lol?

In 4 playoff games he's looked lost and like dog poop. 

In 2019, his first season, new system, new tape, he went 6-1 against teams over .500

Since then he' was 3-5 in the regular season, 1-3 in the playoffs 

Lamar blows my guy 

He is 13-9 in his career against teams with winning records in the regular season.  Who are QBs that you would say do not "blow" and we can look up their career records against winning teams. 

8 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

You strike me as a child so I don't blame you for not being old enough to recall but the narrative on Manning before he won his first Super Bowl that he was a choker in the playoffs.  That his decision making and play deteriorated when it came to big games in the lost season.  The discussion was never "Oh Peyton just doesn't have a good enough supporting cast". 

And yeah there was the presence of plenty of ignorant people who said a black QB and a black HC couldn't win a Super Bowl simply because of their race. 

A child huh? Dude I get it. You get your rocks off off on this board by intentionally being a troll. I'm more than aware of Mannings legacy because I lived through it. Guess what? Winning in the playoffs is Fing hard. It's harder than any one of us can realize. You throw temper tantrums on here like it cost you money every time someone has a different opinion. You throw shallow non context arguments and apparently block anybody that calls you out on it. It's a discussion board so everyone gets a crack at the conversation, but you seem to enjoy messing with people. 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I've said it many times before, If I were building a team tomorrow, Lamar wouldnt be in my top 10.

If I were the GM of the Ravens I'd trade Lamar tomorrow for a kings ransom. 

But you're not a GM and you'll never be a GM. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

But you're not a GM and you'll never be a GM. 

And neither will you dude. what is your point?

11 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He has done something.  In his very young career he has become the youngest player in league history to win MVP.  He has an incredibly impressive win:loss record for his career. 

The funniest subplot to this season for the blog is how so many of you are actively rooting against Hurts in hopes that the Eagles move on from him at QB.  However if that does happen where the Eagles decide they are going to go with a different QB next year then that means that with a roster built to win now they are going to try to trade for a top veteran QB that can step in and help them contend.  They could try to move up in the draft to get a QB but with where the roster is at they will almost certainly try to obtain a top veteran first if possible.  And if you look at the current landscape of things in the NFL, the most likely top QB who might be available in a trade next offseason is Lamar.  So that would just be peak hilarity if everyone here celebrates that the Eagles have moved on from Hurts only to trade for Lamar who this blog also has an irrational hate for. 

I was actually talking about Hurts. He’ll never win MVP, or even get a vote. 

12 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

A child huh? Dude I get it. You get your rocks off off on this board by intentionally being a troll. I'm more than aware of Mannings legacy because I lived through it. Guess what? Winning in the playoffs is Fing hard. It's harder than any one of us can realize. You throw temper tantrums on here like it cost you money every time someone has a different opinion. You throw shallow non context arguments and apparently block anybody that calls you out on it. It's a discussion board so everyone gets a crack at the conversation, but you seem to enjoy messing with people. 

Yes winning in the playoffs is hard. Which is why pointing to Lamar's 1-3 record in playoffs after his first 4 seasons in the league as some sort of evidence that he will never be able to win a Super Bowl is just lazy and truly irrelevant. 

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I was actually talking about Hurts. He’ll never win MVP, or even get a vote. 

No idea why you were talking about him when Hurts had nothing to do with the post you were quoting. 

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

And neither will you dude. what is your point?

I'm not the one walking around saying if I was a GM I would be doing this or that as if it means anything. 

6 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm not the one walking around saying if I was a GM I would be doing this or that as if it means anything. 

So you are mad someone gave an opinion on a discussion board

1 minute ago, UndyTaker said:

wth goin on here today 

Early July is going on in here today

Just now, Shalodeep said:

So you are mad someone gave an opinion on a discussion board

No, but you certainly seem to be triggered.  I'm pointing out his proclamation that he would do this or that with Lamar if he was GM has no relevance at all because no team would ever consider him for a role of GM or anything else in their organization.  So trying to inflate the value of his own opinion to some fantasy level where he is in position of GM just has no relevance. 

I could not find the 13th game, but here are 12 of the 13 games Lamar won against teams with winning records.  Only 3 are impressing.

Year Team Score Notes
2018 LAC 22-10 Chargers won the rematch in the playoffs
2019 SEA 30-16 143 passing yards - defense scored 2 TD's
2019 NE 37-20 163 passing yards - defense scored 1 TD
2019 HOU 41-7  
2019 SF 20-17 105 passing yards
2019 BUF 24-17 145 passing yards
2020 CLE 38-6 Browns had 3 turnovers
2020 IND 24-10 170 passing yards - defense scored 1 TD
2020 CLE 47-42 163 passing yards
2021 KC 36-35  
2021 IND 31-25  
2021 LAC 34-6 167 passing yards and 2 interceptions

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No, but you certainly seem to be triggered.  I'm pointing out his proclamation that he would do this or that with Lamar if he was GM has no relevance at all because no team would ever consider him for a role of GM or anything else in their organization.  So trying to inflate the value of his own opinion to some fantasy level where he is in position of GM just has no relevance. 

Pot Calling The Kettle Black GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

Well that's just great. Our entire playbook leaked on Twitter. Thanks "Honest"NFL

7 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

No, but you certainly seem to be triggered.  I'm pointing out his proclamation that he would do this or that with Lamar if he was GM has no relevance at all because no team would ever consider him for a role of GM or anything else in their organization.  So trying to inflate the value of his own opinion to some fantasy level where he is in position of GM just has no relevance

Read this a few times. Nothing any of us say has any relevance on here 

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Again, it's not that he lost, it's how he lost. 

13-30. 160 yards, didnt lead his team to a touchdown till 5 minutes left in the game(garbage time)

31 for 59. 2 interceptions, didnt lead his team to a touchdown until 4 minutes left in the game(garbage time)

14 for 25, 160 yards, fumble, interception, didnt lead his team to a touchdown until....wait he didnt. 

You can argue that Lamar cant even score touchdowns in the playoffs, let alone win a game

But he has won a playoff game.   And he's going to win more over the course of his career because he's a QB who as long as he stays healthy will consistently have his team in the playoffs every year.  Again just 4 seasons played in the league thus far.  Is only 25 years old.  The book is far from written on Lamar Jackson and his career in the post season. 

To say because he has struggled in the early part of his career therefor he will never have success over the course of his career is just lazy and not true. 

Archived