EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea. Even that first one on the clip is an ok throw considering how he was hit at the release point but I'd rather see the all 22 on that one. WR looked so open that should have been an easy TD. 

Yep. Maybe a little nit picky but that ball hung up in the air forever. The two throws that followed was an underthrow to reagor that probably would've been a TD with a QB who can chuck it 60+ and a late throw to reagor that should've been thrown earlier but wasnt resulting in a contested situation. I wouldnt have included those.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Unsure why, or why not but I havent really dug into the Eagles schedule yet. I take the first 2 weeks in August to go to OC and thats when I dig in on all things Eagles, Fantasy, etc. 

Will be on the lookout for your analysis. On paper this looks like a 12+ win team when you factor in the schedule but the QB will cap it to 10 wins most likely. Like i said we probably only win 7 games last year if not for facing 4 backup QB's so 10-7 would be an improvement. Hurts probably would've been better off if we only won 7 games last year. If our win total only improves 1 game this year with all the added talent it will look bad on him.

Is John Marks currently the worst regular sports talk radio host in the city? He's gotten so bad over the course of this year to the point he has become a caricature of himself. 

Shame too because Ike and Jack Fritz are great on the radio.  They really need to replace Marks. 

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

he's not even the worst guy at his station. 

Marks is better then Cataldi, Decamara, Gigilio, Eskin, Charry, Sonny Hill 

Yes but he doesn't worship at the alter of Hurts so he's the worst. 

21 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Will be on the lookout for your analysis. On paper this looks like a 12+ win team when you factor in the schedule but the QB will cap it to 10 wins most likely. Like i said we probably only win 7 games last year if not for facing 4 backup QB's so 10-7 would be an improvement. Hurts probably would've been better off if we only won 7 games last year. If our win total only improves 1 game this year with all the added talent it will look bad on him.

If you look at the 11+ win teams from last season it’s elite QBs, Kyler Murray, and Ryan Tannehill.  In fairness to Murray and Tannehill you can pencil them in as 67-70% completions most years.  Hurts will have to make a large jump, both in accuracy and productivity to get into the group with those two guys — and they are mid-tier starting QBs

The schedule is easier for the NFC East this season as they’re crossing over against the NFC North and AFC South — the weakest draw they can get — so I see three teams with winning records.  DAL 11-6, Eagles 10-7 and WAS 9-8 (their D will have a bounce-back season and they won 7 games with Heinicke last year).

15 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

As Eagles fans, I think we're in a world of trouble with the tape being out on this offense and specifically Hurts. 

Eagles dont play a lot of "winning teams" from last year, but we play decent defenses which is gonna make some long games. I.e. the giants last year

Good. Either Hurts improves significantly to overcome the adjustments, or he flames out and we flush him down the toilet. There can be no in between. 

13 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Good. Either Hurts improves significantly to overcome the adjustments, or he flames out and we flush him down the toilet. There can be no in between. 

There should be no in-between, but there probably will be. I really don't think he's going to do anything to change anyone's mind. There will be the group that think he'll make "another leap" next year and make some excuse up about it. There will be the group that is tired of waiting for a year 4 QB to prove he's a long term solution and will want to move on. 

The whole point of last season was "this is Hurts tryout to prove he's a long-term starter." He somehow fails this and that talking point is completely forgotten and is replaced with "he needs another year to develop with the same coaches, OC, HC etc and a better roster built around him with better WR's". 

Not even sure why you would want a guy whose success is so dependent on so many factors that will eventually change, especially once the QB gets paid.

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There should be no in-between, but there probably will be. I really don't think he's going to do anything to change anyone's mind. There will be the group that think he'll make "another leap" next year and make some excuse up about it. There will be the group that is tired of waiting for a year 4 QB to prove he's a long term solution and will want to move on. 

The whole point of last season was "this is Hurts tryout to prove he's a long-term starter." He somehow fails this and that talking point is completely forgotten and is replaced with "he needs another year to develop with the same coaches, OC, HC etc and a better roster built around him with better WR's". 

Not even sure why you would want a guy whose success is so dependent on so many factors that will eventually change, especially once the QB gets paid.

NFL coaching staffs change all the time, players move on, new players come in, same in college.  If you need the perfect situation to succeed, you are not the guy.

Hurts needs to put up 4000 passing yards and 30 passing TD's and the Eagles need to win a playoff game.

55 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yes but he doesn't worship at the alter of Hurts so he's the worst. 

Has nothing at all to do with Hurts. It's noatter what day it is, noatter what the topic is he is constantly whining with his high pitched raised voice.  Everyday there is something that he is constantly crying about.  Doesn't matter how insignificant it is, it's always something he has to be whining about.  It's unlistenable. He has no talent for radio. 

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

NFL coaching staffs change all the time, players move on, new players come in, same in college.  If you need the perfect situation to succeed, you are not the guy.

Hurts needs to put up 4000 passing yards and 30 passing TD's and the Eagles need to win a playoff game.

Normally I’d say those are top 10 numbers and not reachable, but given the resources poured into the offensive skill positions it’s probably a fair requirement 

Smith — top 10 pick

AJ Brown — traded top 20 pick

Goedert — 2nd round pick 

Sanders — 2nd round pick 

man that fanatics website guy is sure clever with the way he presented this item. On a fanatics facebook add, I just saw this.

It looks like it would be for something else, other than a putter. 

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a USA one.  But it’s not as provocative looking as that one.  😄

I was like what the hell are they selling fanatics!?

18 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

man that fanatics website guy is sure clever with the way he presented this item. On a fanatics facebook add, I just saw this.

It looks like it would be for something else, other than a putter. 

All the ladies will be Fighting for that Illini 

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I have a USA one.  But it’s not as provocative looking as that one.  😄

It looks like a putter cover to me. What does it look like to you?:unsure:

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I was like what the hell are they selling fanatics!?

All the Amazon Facebook ads have been looking like vibrators or butt plugs recently too. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

All the Amazon Facebook ads have been looking like vibrators or butt plugs recently too. 

We're being phased out man 🤣

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

That's just based on what you're browsing and looking for online.  That's what Amazon's cookies are telling them that you're interested in. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

That's just based on what you're browsing and looking for online.  That's what Amazon's cookies are telling them that you're interested in. 

Yea, no. It's not actual vibrators or butt plugs, was the point. Just other objects that look like them. 

I can't speak for @HazletonEagle but I imagine he isn't searching for "golf putter covers that look like dick"

7 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I imagine some odd things.  

Apparently Amazon is on to my "Hamburger Press Butt Plug" google searches. 

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

If you look at the 11+ win teams from last season it’s elite QBs, Kyler Murray, and Ryan Tannehill.  

Yep and Kyler is usually in MVP discussion during the first half of the season & Tannehill benefits from having 4 games against HOU & JAX. 

Hurts will have to make a large jump, both in accuracy and productivity to get into the group with those two guys — and they are mid-tier starting QBs

Cant say im optimistic but i look forward to being proven wrong.

so I see three teams with winning records.  DAL 11-6, Eagles 10-7 and WAS 9-8 (their D will have a bounce-back season and they won 7 games with Heinicke last year).

Could definitely see this happening. I wouldnt sleep on WAS winning the division. That current offense is the best supporting cast Wentz has had since 17' and the defense should bounce back with a healthy Chase Young. 

25 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Apparently Amazon is on to my "Hamburger Press Butt Plug" google searches. 

It was the Boston butt and rump roast recipes

3 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, no. It's not actual vibrators or butt plugs, was the point. Just other objects that look like them. 

I can't speak for @HazletonEagle but I imagine he isn't searching for "golf putter covers that look like dick"

correct. And I have no idea why it would be Illinois instead of eagles, 6ers, etc.

39 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

correct. And I have no idea why it would be Illinois instead of eagles, 6ers, etc.

If it said Hurts a few on here wouldn't be able to click buy now fast enough. 

Shannon Sharpe has nothing nice to say about Jalen Hurts. He must be racist. 

Archived