EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not to mention Anderson is already on record trashing Mayfield earlier this year.

It's going to be Baker/OBJ lite. 

😂

20220706_141158.jpg

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Your opinion of my restraint is probably higher than I have earned.

I am just trying to stay positive.  

Baker Mayfield isn’t the 2nd coming of Jesus. He makes the Panthers marginally better. Calling them a playoff team now because of Baker is a clear overreaction.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

HUH?

The Baker trade is a MUCH better value for the Panthers than the Wentz trade was for Washington. 

10 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Bucs easily. Saints I could really see going either way still. Some major FA losses, possibly no Kamara for a bit, new HC, and a QB who can look like a probowler one week then give away 4 easy turnovers the next. With the Baker move I wouldn't be shocked to see either NO or Carolina end up as the #2 in that division. 

Let's hope the Panthers take that 2nd place spot. Need that Saints pick to be as high as possible. If Horn can bounce back from the achilles, they'll have a solid secondary. The front 7 needs more talent but they're not in terrible shape with Burns, Derrick brown & Shaq Thompson. They're gonna need some of their recent draft picks like Tommy Tremble, Yetur- Gross-Matos, Brandon Smith & Terrace Marshall to really step up. 

7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Baker Mayfield isn’t the 2nd coming of Jesus. He makes the Panthers marginally better. Calling them a playoff team now because of Baker is a clear overreaction.

When CMC gets hurt by game 3, their season will be over.  

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Mayfield is a massive upgrade over Darnold.  Darnold out-sucked Hurts when we played them last year.  

Dont tell Sam that lol

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oh, well duh.  Carolina gave up less.  Yeah.  I think anyone rational person would deduce that.  

Yup. Didn't love the Wentz trade at the time but when you see this trade it makes it look even worse. Granted the Browns have a lot less leverage this time of year I guess. 

28 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

When you make the right decision but it takes too long and your arm isn't the greatest. QBEXC.png

I don’t think either of those graphs is worth the toilet paper they could be printed on.  The first graph on decision making was all over the map, listed Foles as the worst decision maker and Lamar Jackson right near the top ….. hmmmm 

4 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

Yup. Didn't love the Wentz trade at the time but when you see this trade it makes it look even worse. Granted the Browns have a lot less leverage this time of year I guess. 

Browns had no leverage. They were lucky to make a trade at all. I don't know how much you can use this to retroactively grade a different trade at a completely different time of year. 

The interesting part of the Mayfield trade to the Panthers is it leaves the Texans as the only logical landing spot for Jimmy G.  Hard to imagine the Niners would even consider sending him to SEA.

Are Jimmy G's days as a starting QB over?

Just now, Alphagrand said:

The interesting part of the Mayfield trade to the Panthers is it leaves the Texans as the only logical landing spot for Jimmy G.  Hard to imagine the Niners would even consider sending him to SEA.

I think they like Davis Mills. 

8 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I don’t think either of those graphs is worth the toilet paper they could be printed on.  The first graph on decision making was all over the map, listed Foles as the worst decision maker and Lamar Jackson right near the top ….. hmmmm 

When analytics go too far for no real reason. According to both Jimmy G is a top 10 QB.

Also, from the article

Finally, it comes down to us as analysts. Our goal with this article was to try and see which quarterback has the best process. However, we aren’t working for a team, so we don’t know the play call.

Nothing like creating a model about QB processing when you don't even know what you're looking at. 

2 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

No.  He wins too much, despite his health issues and he’s really solid in the locker room.

They do like Mills, but Jimmy G would be a very worthwhile mentor to him for one year and step in easily if he fails.

6 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

He'll start somewhere this year. 49ers should just hold out for some type of pre-season injury. 

9 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Jimmy G to Eagles rumors will be swirling at trade deadline when Hurts stinks up the joint

5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

No.  He wins too much, despite his health issues and he’s really solid in the locker room.

They do like Mills, but Jimmy G would be a very worthwhile mentor to him for one year and step in easily if he fails.

I could see that. They also had a crap load of picks from the Watson trade so i could see them targetting Stroud or Young in the 23' draft. 

1 minute ago, Texas Eagle said:

Jimmy G to Eagles rumors will be swirling at trade deadline when Hurts stinks up the joint

20220706_145419.jpg

13 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

They should trade him to Sea. Prob wins them a game or two more than they would without, but still sucks enough to not cause any real threat to SF. Hurt Sea's draft position a little and move on from him. 

If Watson gets a full season I think the Browns could be a destination for Jimmy G

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's an odd graph.  It has Hurts and Wentz as Eagles.  But doesn't have Wentz as a Colt, when he started more as a Colt.  Meh...

It's 2019 to 2021

37 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I was listening to nfl radio on Sirius. I’d watson is suspended for the year one of the cleveland beat writers put out that they might go after Jimmy G (what he had heard) cause he comes off the books at season’s end when watson can play again. 

:offtopic:
Second straight day, oil is below $100 a barrel, another week of gas prices falling yet the market in the red and an inversion on bonds.  Fed minutes suggest another rate adjustment at their meeting later this month of .5 - .75 and the market goes up.  That’s crazy.  Market loves the prospective of people losing jobs cutting costs but not lower fuel costs.  

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I was listening to nfl radio on Sirius. I’d watson is suspended for the year one of the cleveland beat writers put out that they might go after Jimmy G (what he had heard) cause he comes off the books at season’s end when watson can play again. 

Yep, that's how I see it. The Browns built to win now. If Watson gets 8 or so games I think they ride with Brissett and hope he can keep them afloat for Watson to come back. But if it's a full season they would be just throwing 2022 away starting Brissett for a full season. 

Archived