EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

21 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Seriously though, what else are we going to talk about until camp starts ??

Nothing. Everyone complains about beating the dead horse that is Hurts but there is literally nothing that can be talked about at this point in the season Eagles related that hasn't already been said. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I can see it now "play action. Hurts going deep! Ball hanging in the air! ...intercepted! Hurts was going to connect deep with his friend AJ Brown, but it hung in the air just a little too long". Board crashes

You forgot..."OL gives Hurts great protection but Hurts runs in a circle behind the line".

21 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I would put your over/under at reminding us why Hurts sucks at the 2nd offensive series of the first game.  

Your opinion of my restraint is probably higher than I have earned.

18 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I would put your over/under at reminding us why Hurts sucks at the 2nd offensive series of the first game.  

I don’t know why anyone would be "frustrated by enormous crow”; true fans want the incumbent QB to be successful, prolific, efficient, elite — and the modern day version of the QB who can always lead the team back from any deficit to steal victory from the jaws of defeat.  Why would I be frustrated to admit I’m wrong about Hurts under those circumstances?  I’d be overjoyed.

I just don’t see it happening.

Conditional 4th/5th round pick for Baker >>> 3rd and a conditional 2nd/3rd round pick for Wentz. 

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

Excellent news for us. This makes the Panthers better, so they can beat the Saints.

That’s great value for Carolina tbh. i thought before the draft the browns would get more than that but they really bungled the situation by not having a better plan with baker before signing and giving watson the contract they did.

For Carolina, even if he doesn’t work out, they are out of the contract next year along with out of Sam Donald‘s contract. So they can just completely reset at the quarterback position. That said Baker Mayfield‘s gonna get destroyed behind that offensive line. He has nice weapons but his offensive line is still really bad. He play behind a good offensive line last year and got injured. I can’t imagine he stays healthy all year behind a Carolina line which has been bottom five for basically the last 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, RLC said:

Excellent news for us. This makes the Panthers better, so they can beat the Saints.

Browns at Panthers week 1.  Mayfield will come out on fire and wreck his former team.

Wow a 2024 conditional fifth???  Yikes, I have no love lost for Mayfield but hes been humiliated by the Browns

32 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Board crashes

I really hope the board stays stable during games (times of high traffic). If we go on a Super Bowl run, or look like we may, and that causes daily traffic to grow enormously, the required upgrade to our hosting package would be a lot more expensive than the last one. I'd have to look at the numbers again, but I think it would at least double the costs of running the board.

On one hand, that can be a great thing. On the other hand, not so much! lol

Nick Sirianni: "Ok Jalen. We've invested more into the O-line and gave you better WR's. You have a perfect pocket, just stay patient and run the play as planned. You have no reason to flee the pocket. Let the play develop and keep your eyes downfield"

Jalen:

15 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That’s great value for Carolina tbh. i thought before the draft the browns would get more than that but they really bungled the situation by not having a better plan with baker before signing and giving watson the contract they did.

For Carolina, even if he doesn’t work out, they are out of the contract next year along with out of Sam Donald‘s contract. So they can just completely reset at the quarterback position. That said Baker Mayfield‘s gonna get destroyed behind that offensive line. He has nice weapons but his offensive line is still really bad. He play behind a good offensive line last year and got injured. I can’t imagine he stays healthy all year behind a Carolina line which has been bottom five for basically the last 2 years. 

Probably at HC too. 

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Panthers are now a playoff team. 

You think so? I think the Bucs and Saints are still better than them.

1 minute ago, KDUB1510 said:

There over/under wins at Vegas is set at 6. Mayfield isn't making a huge splash to that, they will be lucky to get to .500 or whatever is closest to that with 17 games.

18 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I really hope the board stays stable during games (times of high traffic). If we go on a Super Bowl run, or look like we may, and that causes daily traffic to grow enormously, the required upgrade to our hosting package would be a lot more expensive than the last one. I'd have to look at the numbers again, but I think it would at least double the costs of running the board.

On one hand, that can be a great thing. On the other hand, not so much! lol

The pains of success are real man 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Probably at HC too. 

Yeah it’s why i like the risk for Carolina and rhule. It fails Rhules was getting fired. If it works out he and franchise have a QB. 

Well, they say to wait three years to judge a draft.  That is partly because it takes three years for a player to fully develop.  That means that this year is critical for certain players and should also be highly reflective on Howie.

Let’s refresh what last year told us about the 2019 draft.  Thorson - can’t even succeed in the USFL. Shareef Miller, didn’t show much in the USFL either.  So basically Day 3 was a washout and rather early, too.  Day two gave us JJAW. Still on the team but probably not for long as a bottom tier TE.  I like Boobie but he hasn’t progressed, rather regressed and is inconsistent.  Neither extended at this point.  A first round back up LT in Dillard.  So 2019 was pretty bad, as of this time last year.

In 2020, the Eagles made 10 picks.  Their seventh round choice has been a solid performer, for the WTF commies.  I had high hopes for Wanogho as a swing T back up.  Well he has languished on the Chiefs PS after being poached by AR.  Note the Eagles haven’t tried to poach him back.  The other sixth round choices are home runs for the capital spent.  Quez is WR3 or at least half of WR3, depending on how the Eagles use Pascal.  Bradley is a solid STer although a bit of a liability on D.  Quite possible he doesn’t have a spot on the team this year but they did get something from him if Not For Long.  John Hightower shopped himself after a season on the PS and then resigned on a future contract. Make or break for him.  Finally we have the overhyped, underperforming, frequently unavailable Wallace and the talented but oft injured Driscoll.  Lot of Day 3 capital but decent return with Quez, Driscoll and a little Bradley. Make or break year for Wallace and Hightower.  Not sure Hightower’s tracking ability can be fixed.  Have doubts he makes a move. Pascal signing and losing out to Ward last year doesn’t suggest the Eagles are betting much that Hightower rises   Schwartz said Ss need two years to develop.  Well Epps passed Wallace and we have the Tartt signing, so it doesn’t look like the Eagles are betting on Wallace either.  That’s Howie’s Day 3.

Day 2, well that’s Hurts and Taylor.  We should get starters from round two and three.  Taylor can’t even stay healthy. One of those athlete potential picks of Howie’s that drive me crazy.  Battling White for starter (White’s one year, $3 million contract doesn’t guarantee a spot but does suggest a step up and a lack of faith in Taylor.)  We have beaten the Hurts analysis to death this offseason.  Suffice it to say, he has to show better ability to continue to progress.  Most have their doubts.  Not a good Day 2 unless Hurts takes a Allen step up.  (#2 for a mediocre starter that seems like a good backup is horrible value.)

That brings us to Reagor.  Heck, I think JJAW wants to play football more than Reagor, and that isn’t a compliment to JJAW.  Lazy, prima dona type that thinks his draft status somehow justifies his take. Arguably has slid down to competing with Greg Ward for a spot.  Looks like a bust. Has to beat out Quez for his fifth year option.  Many think the Reagor not making the team is more likely.  Looks like a bust, walks like a bust, must be a ………….

Frankly, 2020 is shaping up towards a solid C. 

Singularly looking at the Mayfield trade, a conditional 4th/5th is good value. 

But imagine you traded a 2nd, a 3rd, a 4th, a 4th, a 6th and a 4th/5th just for a QB room of Mayfield, Darnold, Corral.

Gross. 

34 minutes ago, RLC said:

Posting without comment.

When you make the right decision but it takes too long and your arm isn't the greatest. QBEXC.png

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There over/under wins at Vegas is set at 6. Mayfield isn't making a huge splash to that, they will be lucky to get to .500 or whatever is closest to that with 17 games.

Agreed. They have some solid pieces offensively and defensively but their main piece(Mccaffrey) stays hurt. That Oline is nowhere near what Mayfield had in Cleveland. Robby Anderson is their WR2 and he was teasing retirement a few weeks ago. Would be stunned if they made the playoffs. Hopefully they do, it would probably mean NO didnt make it

4 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

When you make the right decision but it takes too long and your arm isn't the greatest. 

Yup. Hurts is smart. Whether his arm is strong/accurate enough is fair. I think the arm is "fine", but given that he doesn't have a cannon, he needs to be more accurate to make up for it.

8 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Bucs easily. Saints I could really see going either way still. Some major FA losses, possibly no Kamara for a bit, new HC, and a QB who can look like a probowler one week then give away 4 easy turnovers the next. With the Baker move I wouldn't be shocked to see either NO or Carolina end up as the #2 in that division. 

6 minutes ago, KDUB1510 said:

Agreed. They have some solid pieces offensively and defensively but their main piece(Mccaffrey) stays hurt. That Oline is nowhere near what Mayfield had in Cleveland. Robby Anderson is there WR2 and he was teasing retirement a few weeks ago. Would be stunned if they made the playoffs. Hopefully they do, it would probably mean NO didnt make it

Not to mention Anderson is already on record trashing Mayfield earlier this year.

It's going to be Baker/OBJ lite. 

Archived