EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

52 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Here is a Lamar Jackson stat that is very relevant to Jalen Hurts, teams get film and familiarity with a QB, especially a run first QB, and can game plan against them.

https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/news/baltimore-ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-facing-bears#:~:text=Jackson is 25-2 when,as a rookie in 2018.

Jackson is 25-2 when facing a team for the first time

Jackson is 12-10 when facing a team the second time and beyond

I am really shocked with the lack of response to this post.  Very telling about how easy it is to shut down a running QB when you have seen them.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bacarty2 said:

I couldnt careless about your opinion on me. 

You come across as a dude who never watches football. 

Lamar blows and wont win anything. Hurts blows and wont win anything. 

Yeah, you on the other hand strike me as a real football savant.  Your knowledge and arguments are so impressive. 

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Read this a few times. Nothing any of us say has any relevance on here 

I'm not presenting my opinion as if I view myself as someone who teams would consider as a GM. 

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm not presenting my opinion as if I view myself as someone who teams would consider as a GM. 

Is that how your dome interprets that? You're unique kid

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

Is that how your dome interprets that? You're unique kid

Tell me more about how the narrative around Peyton Manning was that he just didn't have a good enough supporting cast. 

2 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Tell me more about how the narrative around Peyton Manning was that he just didn't have a good enough supporting cast. 

I never said he didn't have the stigma of a choke artist. You are putting words in my mouth. Everyone knew he was good enough to win a Superbowl before he got one. What is bothering you is people don't agree that Lamar is in the same situation. It's due to their styles and it's success. The truth is Manning doesn't have the best record in the playoffs. You want to know why? Because it's hard as hell. How you casually say someone will win the MVP, or Superbowl, or even play off games shows a lack of understanding of what that entails to do those things. 

39 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He has done something.  In his very young career he has become the youngest player in league history to win MVP.  He has an incredibly impressive win:loss record for his career. 

The funniest subplot to this season for the blog is how so many of you are actively rooting against Hurts in hopes that the Eagles move on from him at QB.  However if that does happen where the Eagles decide they are going to go with a different QB next year then that means that with a roster built to win now they are going to try to trade for a top veteran QB that can step in and help them contend.  They could try to move up in the draft to get a QB but with where the roster is at they will almost certainly try to obtain a top veteran first if possible.  And if you look at the current landscape of things in the NFL, the most likely top QB who might be available in a trade next offseason is Lamar.  So that would just be peak hilarity if everyone here celebrates that the Eagles have moved on from Hurts only to trade for Lamar who this blog also has an irrational hate for. 

I'm pretty sure most in here wouldn't be happy to exchange Hurts for Lamar. They're the same guy (insert Spiderman pointing meme). 

Funny that RTK throws out a caveat of "if Lamar stays healthy"....that's the other big issue with run first QBs. They don't stay healthy for long, and Lamar may already be starting to break down (missed a chunk of games last year). It's likely why they have limited playoff success as well. By the end of the year, they're so battered and beaten, they just run out of steam come playoff time, combined with being forced to play from the pocket, it's a recipe for failure. I hope to never again see a run first QB as our "franchise" QB. We unfortunately have to suffer through one more year of it. 

This discussion board today is a lot like Lamar Hurt's career....going nowhere and never gonna win.

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I never said he didn't have the stigma of a choke artist. You are putting words in my mouth. Everyone knew he was good enough to win a Superbowl before he got one. What is bothering you is people don't agree that Lamar is in the same situation. It's due to their styles and it's success. The truth is Manning doesn't have the best record in the playoffs. You want to know why? Because it's hard as hell. How you casually say someone will win the MVP, or Superbowl, or even play off games shows a lack of understanding of what that entails to do those things. 

Manning is 14-13 in the playoffs, and several of those losses were to the eventual Super Bowl winner.

6 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

What I did is pointed out your ridiculous claim the stigma around Payton before he won his first Super Bowl was because he didn't have a good enough team around him instead of what it actually was that people viewed him as a choker to played worse in the playoffs. 

Now you're scrambling and saying the obvious which yes it is hard to win in the playoffs but somehow that fact only applies to Peyton and not Lamar.  

The book is far from written on Lamar's career and how successful he will be in the post season over the course of his career.  To act like it is because he is 1-3 in the playoffs after his first 4 seasons is comical.  He is a consistent and perennial winner.  He's that top level QB that flat out wins year in and year out and will have his team routinely in the tournament.  That is someone who any given year will be able to make a post season run. 

5 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

This discussion board today is a lot like Lamar Hurt's career....going nowhere and never gonna win.

I forgot about you and that avatar....it's maybe the best avatar for the user in the history of this board. And I laugh very loudly when I see it.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Manning is 14-13 in the playoffs, and several of those losses were to the eventual Super Bowl winner.

Expanding on this, Peyton Manning has lost 13 playoff games.  

1 of them to the eventual AFC champion

4 of them to the eventual Super Bowl champion

2 of them in the Super Bowl

I would not call him a choker at all, even with the best QB, sometimes the best team wins.

13 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Disagree, he had terrible footwork, a loopy motion, spotty accuracy and held on to the ball for far too long.  All of which got worse over his years at Clemson.  He was anointed the next big thing coming out of high school.  He lived up to the frosh hype but never took the next step, and I think took steps back every year.

Minshew got traded super early in the process as well.  I hardly think it hurt him.

Minshew was traded on August 26th, so about a month after TC started.  

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2021/08/11/jaguars-not-named-trevor-lawrence-starter-gardner-minshew-reps

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/.amp/news/one-key-difference-doug-pederson-urban-meyer-trevor-lawrence

I’m not saying Lawrence is Joe Montana, but he did have one of the worst coaches in NFL history.  If he sucks this upcoming season like I think Zach Wilson is going to, then the Jags have an issue.

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

1) if he stays healthy.

2) I dont see it. Year after year people have figured out Lamar and his stats, and W/L have gone down. 

But if you want to crown him , crown him

For any player their future success is tied to their health.  He's 37-12 in his career.  Had he not gotten injured last year the Ravens would have again made the playoffs.  Until he starts piling up losing seasons then the guy is a winner in this league. 

11 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Funny that RTK throws out a caveat of "if Lamar stays healthy"....that's the other big issue with run first QBs. They don't stay healthy for long, and Lamar may already be starting to break down (missed a chunk of games last year). It's likely why they have limited playoff success as well. By the end of the year, they're so battered and beaten, they just run out of steam come playoff time, combined with being forced to play from the pocket, it's a recipe for failure. I hope to never again see a run first QB as our "franchise" QB. We unfortunately have to suffer through one more year of it. 

The other disadvantage of a running QB is the two-minute drill with no timeouts and the game on the line.  The QB has been so busy running around and chewing up yards between the 20s that when the biggest plays of the game come in the final seconds in the red zone, they’re almost completely gassed — and severely compromised of any ability to make the correct play, physically or mentally.  

I’ve seen it happen with both Murray and Jackson.  Hurts hasn’t shown the consistent ability to lead the team from behind yet, but if those games happen — look for it to be a factor

7 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Expanding on this, Peyton Manning has lost 13 playoff games.  

1 of them to the eventual AFC champion

4 of them to the eventual Super Bowl champion

2 of them in the Super Bowl

I would not call him a choker at all, even with the best QB, sometimes the best team wins.

Sounds like you just said what I've been saying. The playoffs are Fing hard. Being over .500 in the playoffs is an accomplishment for a career

58 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

He is 13-9 in his career against teams with winning records in the regular season.  Who are QBs that you would say do not "blow" and we can look up their career records against winning teams. 

Tom Brady

25 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What I did is pointed out your ridiculous claim the stigma around Payton before he won his first Super Bowl was because he didn't have a good enough team around him instead of what it actually was that people viewed him as a choker to played worse in the playoffs. 

Now you're scrambling and saying the obvious which yes it is hard to win in the playoffs but somehow that fact only applies to Peyton and not Lamar.  

The book is far from written on Lamar's career and how successful he will be in the post season over the course of his career.  To act like it is because he is 1-3 in the playoffs after his first 4 seasons is comical.  He is a consistent and perennial winner.  He's that top level QB that flat out wins year in and year out and will have his team routinely in the tournament.  That is someone who any given year will be able to make a post season run. 

I guess your simple minded ass didn't see me defend Lamar at the beginning of all of this. I think he actually has the tools to develop his game to be more air and less leg. But no, you are more defensive than a spiteful ex and now have me attacking Lamar lol like Jesus princess, your trolling is top notch

18 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I forgot about you and that avatar....it's maybe the best avatar for the user in the history of this board. And I laugh very loudly when I see it.

Just here for your entertainment sir lol

15 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

https://amp.dailycaller.com/2021/08/11/jaguars-not-named-trevor-lawrence-starter-gardner-minshew-reps

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/.amp/news/one-key-difference-doug-pederson-urban-meyer-trevor-lawrence

I’m not saying Lawrence is Joe Montana, but he did have one of the worst coaches in NFL history.  If he sucks this upcoming season like I think Zach Wilson is going to, then the Jags have an issue.

It was after TC was over. Flacco played in the third pre-season game and then was traded. Then they all had that mini bye before the season started. 

14 hours ago, Wentz_Era said:

Minshew got traded super early in the process as well.  I hardly think it hurt him.

20 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It was after TC was over. Flacco played in the third pre-season game and then was traded. Then they all had that mini bye before the season started. 

@LeanMeanGM is correct.  Eagles played their final preseason game Friday August 27, Minshew was acquired the following day.

Just now, downundermike said:

Brady - 35-12

Montana - 16-7

Bradshaw - 14-5

Elway - 14-7

Aikman - 11-4

Flacco - 10-5

Warner - 9-4

Mahomes - 8-3

Dilfer - 5-1

Garoppolo - 4-2

Burrow - 3-1

Nick Foles GIFs | Tenor

4-2 

Hurts doesn't blow, I've been told. What his record vs winning teams?

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Hurts doesn't blow, I've been told. What his record vs winning teams?

Those were playoff records by the way, that is why I deleted the post.

Archived