EMB Blog: 2022 OTAs thru Pre-Season

Connecticut Eagle

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

I don’t think that’s true. But even if for arguments sake I accept that notion I wonder what makes you think a 23 year old can’t be taught anything anymore.

Why would you think that? Did you stop learning new things at that age?

Bahaahha

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Infam said:

I don’t think Hurts base is that bad. But even if for arguments sake I accept that notion I wonder what makes you think a 23 year old can’t be taught anything anymore.

The age argument!!! Almost my favorite one

12 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It’s more the inverse. I’m so knowledgeable and my talent evaluations are so good that all I need is a couple innings to form a fully informed opinion. 

Riiight so being top five in strikeouts, whip and wins means he isn’t good. That must mean Zack Wheeler is awful. Because his numbers are bad this year as compared to Scherzer. And I’ve watched all his start he hasn’t looked anywhere close to Max scherzer who you think is not good anymore. Let me just point out he is giving up one or less run in three of the six starts. He has gone six or more innings in five of the six starts. And the one he didn’t was because they were winning by so much they took him out.

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Riiight so being top five in strikeouts, whip and wins means he isn’t good. That must mean Zack Wheeler is awful. Because his numbers are bad this year as compared to Scherzer. And I’ve watched all his start he hasn’t looked anywhere close to Max scherzer who you think is not good anymore. Let me just point out he is giving up one or less run in three of the six starts. He has gone six or more innings in five of the six starts. And the one he didn’t was because they were winning by so much they took him out.

He isn’t top 5 in strikeouts, whip, or wins.

6 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He isn’t top 5 in strikeouts, whip, or wins.

Yeah entering today you are wrong. Apparently you know more than MLB who keeps track of stats too. Cool 7F246291-37ED-4AE3-BFE9-FAD85F82233C.thumb.jpeg.6b1648a6f8799871e3227a176bb9d05e.jpeg56955A56-B642-41F3-B061-2AE17334B552.thumb.jpeg.1d2af85a2cc169775f88b00fe05e9ec7.jpeg9E23F29E-376D-4A85-9666-6B922A6D13EF.thumb.jpeg.fafba584b262254a7c445395d5b0f065.jpeg

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yeah entering today you are wrong. Apparently you know more than MLB who keeps track of stats too. Cool 7F246291-37ED-4AE3-BFE9-FAD85F82233C.thumb.jpeg.6b1648a6f8799871e3227a176bb9d05e.jpeg56955A56-B642-41F3-B061-2AE17334B552.thumb.jpeg.1d2af85a2cc169775f88b00fe05e9ec7.jpeg9E23F29E-376D-4A85-9666-6B922A6D13EF.thumb.jpeg.fafba584b262254a7c445395d5b0f065.jpeg

The fact you are getting stats from sites that have openly and been proven to push propaganda for NY and LA teams and are not remotely credible or trusted, shows you’re more gullible than I thought. Yes, I do know more than those who "keep track” of stats. I’m not beholden to influence or bias like they are. Do you even know who’s calculating these stats? Give me their names? How do you know they can be trusted? There are so many fake stats out there, especially to push propaganda for NY, Boston, and LA teams you have no idea.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

The fact you are getting stats from sites that have openly and been proven to push propaganda for NY and LA teams and are not remotely credible or trusted, shows you’re more gullible than I thought. Yes, I do know more than those who "keep track” of stats. I’m not beholden to influence or bias like they are. Do you even know who’s calculating these stats? Give me their names? How do you know they can be trusted? There are so many fake stats out there, especially to push propaganda for NY, Boston, and LA teams you have no idea.

Yup yahoo isn’t trustworthy. :rolleyes:

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

It’s more the inverse. I’m so knowledgeable and my talent evaluations are so good that all I need is a couple innings to form a fully informed opinion. 

image.gif

4 minutes ago, hputenis said:

image.gif

Could’ve also went with the Tommy boy did you eat paint chips as a kid 

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Could’ve also went with the Tommy boy did you eat paint chips as a kid 

image.gif.aaa248f78fe4c4114814e7ced6f1dcf6.gif

When the F does Bradberry get released?!  

1 hour ago, hputenis said:

In the long run it is clearly a win-win for both teams. Thomas was an integral piece of the legion of boom.  I was pissed about not drafting him for about 5 seasons. Brandon Graham took longer to develop bc of injuries, etc but Eagles don’t win the SB without him. 

Yeah Thomas would have fit real well in the city of brotherly love 

4 hours ago, Infam said:

I don’t think Hurts base is that bad. But even if for arguments sake I accept that notion I wonder what makes you think a 23 year old can’t be taught anything anymore.

Muscle memory.  He's played a ton of football, and at every level, his legs have been his saving grace.   Is it impossible?  Of course not.  But, he should have been coached on how to play from the pocket from day 1 in the NFL.  Instead, from Day 1, he was used as a gadget player.  He was put into the game specifically to run the ball, not throw the ball.  Not throw from the pocket, but to run almost exclusively.   Then he got the starts at the end of the season, and he was still running.  That was to be expected as he wasn't trained to be a QB in the NFL, so he reverted to improv.  Then came the new coaching staff, the new offense and what did we see... a struggling QB who didn't have any pocket presence and panicked frequently inside a perfectly clean pocket and gave up all mechanics of how to be a QB.  The coaches then decided they needed to revamp the offense.  And the choice given by the coaches speaks volumes... rather than simplifying the passing offense for him, they pretty much scrapped it and went to the run heavy scheme which featured him as a runner more and more.  Asking him to run more isn't going to make him better in the pocket, on the contrary, it is going to reinforce the bad habits of letting his legs get him out of trouble rather than his mind, his eyes and his arm.  

Now, flip the script... what will Strong do in the NFL?  Strong has to do the 'NFL QB' things inside the pocket, because he's limited in mobility, he needs to do the little things that the most successful QBs in the NFL do, or he'll fall flat on his face.  He can't get lazy about QB disciplines, because he doesn't have those other skills to fall back on.  He has his arm, his vision and he needs to have his base. 

These are very different styles, but one has proven to be effective in the NFL, and the other has always proven to come up short.  There has always been a ceiling that those types of QBs have always hit their head on... and their NFL careers have been limited in longevity as well.  (And I hope that we don't have to revisit the Qbs who can run versus the QBs that have to run.

48 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Happy muthas day to you 

4 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I was thinking about this the other day. Even without the off field stuff, would you trade Graham for Thomas straight up as rookies?

Graham Has now played 3 years longer as of 2022, doesn’t have any all-pro teams but will likely go down as one of the most beloved eagles of alltime

Does Thomas have the PED's and one of the best defenses assembled here to hide his deficiencies?  

1 minute ago, Wentz_Era said:

Does Thomas have the PED's and one of the best defenses assembled here to hide his deficiencies?  

trick-question.gif

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yeah a ball hawking game wrecker at the safety position would have been hated in Philly!  It wasn’t until he had been in the league for 7+ years that he became the ultimate creep. I’m happy we drafted Graham now obviously, but at the time, Earl Thomas was the more impactful player.  That was until he decided to run a train on some chick with his brother. 

4 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Pushing you off a cliff would be quick.  Not saying she should do that but it is a quick way to go. 

But what if I don't die and am only maimed or don't die on impact and it takes a while, just too much to leave to chance.🤷‍♂️

I think for most QBs who have been playing the position all their life, their mechanics are what they are. They can work on them during the off-season and learn some things but once the games start with bodies flying everywhere they mostly revert to what they know. Even with Carson it was short term success before he went back to doing splits and all the other bad habits. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

06C241DC-B512-4048-A001-E4EF2102C9D3.gif

You got a problem with that former Eagles legend!?

1 hour ago, Utebird said:

But what if I don't die and am only maimed or don't die on impact and it takes a while, just too much to leave to chance.🤷‍♂️

Make sure the cliff is high enough I guess. 

Just make sure if you and the wife are anywhere near a cliff you keep 2 eyes on her at all times.

Sixers lack hustle on defense.

Also, are they coached to not go after offensive rebounds?

Whose that dad on the Heat playing in a full on T-Shirt?

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Whose that dad on the Heat playing in a full on T-Shirt?

Haha Tucker?

Archived