Playstation 5

opengeo

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did you drop that guy that was bugging the crap out of you for when the system would show up? 

I had two of those guys, but I think it was a ps5 guy. Got his console I think maybe the same Thursday, but his controller and game didn’t arrive until Saturday.  the other one that was for a series S (which still hasn’t arrived) via Walmart... we cancelled that but now he’s interested in PayPaling me direct for the spare ps5

In other news... there is a trophy in Spider-Man tied to a button mashing mini game... I can’t win for the life of me so I switched on accessibility mode which allows holding a button instead of tapping and won first try :lol: 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I had two of those guys, but I think it was a ps5 guy. Got his console I think maybe the same Thursday, but his controller and game didn’t arrive until Saturday.  the other one that was for a series S (which still hasn’t arrived) via Walmart... we cancelled that but now he’s interested in PayPaling me direct for the spare ps5

In other news... there is a trophy in Spider-Man tied to a button mashing mini game... I can’t win for the life of me so I switched on accessibility mode which allows holding a button instead of tapping and won first try :lol: 

Lol, I still didn't get any of the damn games I ordered from gamestop! Not a big deal though because I wanted to play last of us 2 first anyways which I have. 

Ps5 working great so far. It did some weird crap when I installed the new update and my screen went fuzzy like the old style box tvs when the cable was out?? Then it went black and only the blue light was flashing for a bit. 

After that heart attack it booted back up and has been running flawlessly since. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ps5 working great so far. It did some weird crap when I installed the new update and my screen went fuzzy like the old style box tvs when the cable was out?? Then it went black and only the blue light was flashing for a bit. 

After that heart attack it booted back up and has been running flawlessly since. 

:lol: 

19 hours ago, Agent23 said:

25 hours for this one, but platinum #2 on PS5! 

0E787B62-827A-4603-A7C5-2BCD925B0343.jpeg

That’s impressive, man.  I haven’t played much of Miles yet, waiting to hear that the new update definitively resolves the "rest” issue.  Looking forward to it, though.  I never quite got all the way for the platinum on Spider-Man PS4, I think I was held up by a couple things seeming much tougher than the rest of the game.  Is this one like that too, or a little more simple in terms of trophies?

Also, have you gotten the trophy for the speed run in Astro?  I’ve only done one attempt at one level thus far, but I can see that being a tedious one I may just not worry about.

Still no technical issues, but overall feeling meh about the ps5. Don't get me wrong...I'm not unhappy; just underwhelmed. Other than the Astro Playroom (game) and the new controller, I'm not excited about anything delivered at launch. Spiderman is essentially is the same as the first game; mildly better graphics. And...over-the-top fantasy games with gods and demons don't interest me. Still feel I need some of these other games to come out. I've noted 4 or 5 which interest me, but none even have launch dates yet.

1 hour ago, opengeo said:

Still no technical issues, but overall feeling meh about the ps5. Don't get me wrong...I'm not unhappy; just underwhelmed. Other than the Astro Playroom (game) and the new controller, I'm not excited about anything delivered at launch. Spiderman is essentially is the same as the first game; mildly better graphics. And...over-the-top fantasy games with gods and demons don't interest me. Still feel I need some of these other games to come out. I've noted 4 or 5 which interest me, but none even have launch dates yet.

See now way back when I said I wasn't in the hurry for the PS5 because I didn't see any major jumps it could make graphically and launch games are always lackluster and I wasn't excited for the ps5. Now I have the ps5 and I'm loving it so far and you are the one not liking it so much lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, opengeo said:

Cyberpunk soon? A Rift Apart soon after that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

That’s impressive, man.  I haven’t played much of Miles yet, waiting to hear that the new update definitively resolves the "rest” issue.  Looking forward to it, though.  I never quite got all the way for the platinum on Spider-Man PS4, I think I was held up by a couple things seeming much tougher than the rest of the game.  Is this one like that too, or a little more simple in terms of trophies?

Also, have you gotten the trophy for the speed run in Astro?  I’ve only done one attempt at one level thus far, but I can see that being a tedious one I may just not worry about.

I did not get the Spider-Man trophy... but I also Redboxed it (back when they still offered games... before a-holes kept stealing them...) so I took like 5 or 6 days to just burn through most of the main story, with plans to "pick back up" later. I know a friend or two that Platinum'd it, so not sure if they are just balls to the wall or if it was a "reasonable" accomplishment.

As far as Miles, I thought it was pretty easy. I put new game plus on the 2nd difficulty (for reference, the 3rd difficulty is "Normal") just so I could breeze through it quick since about the only 2nd play through trophies were a couple upgrades you can only do on NG+ and "beat the game on NG+". At his setting (with dumber enemies), I was able to get my 100x combo trophy by going to one of the goon bases (those skyscrapers under construction that the first game had), stealth killing the snipers, and then openly attacking in the open to kill a bunch of guys. Avoided using finishers, hit Circle more than I probably needed to, used Triangle/etc. to get guys in the air so that you can land like 6-7 strikes on one person, and hit the camo every time it filled up to just ensure I didn't take some stray hit to kill my combo. I think I only had to "restart encounter" once because I got hit when there was like 3 dudes left.

The only other was a button press mini-game where I spam the sheet our of the Square button only to lose 6 times before googling and seeing someone mention changing Accessibility settings so that you just hold the button instead of mashing, which won me the minigame and my trophy on first attempt. 

As for Astro, my first level was like 57 seconds. But a TON of them were in the 40s. You have 8 levels and need to be under 7 mins, so hitting in the 40s on 7 of them alone makes up enough time that you could be over 1 minute on the first. I did not have to replay any of the levels, though I think I had one middle level where I knew I made a dumb mistake that cost me like 5-7 seconds, so I just replayed it and that next try to made up that time.

3 hours ago, opengeo said:

I haven't gotten Godfall or Souls but suspect I may? I like console launch because it usually means there are titles I try out that I normally would never have touched mid-lifecycle with tons of other options. Resistance Fall of Man and Ridge Racer 7 were crazy fun on PS3 and both games I never would have got normally. PS4 had Black Flag and NBA2k that ate up so much of my life I don't think I had time to play anything before inFAMOUS Second Son came out and ate up even more of my time!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, opengeo said:

this has been my stance leading up to this. The only thing that's going to get me moving to get this is the open world Harry Potter game and RE8. Other than that I don't see the reason to treat this as the 2020 Furby and fight people online/overpay to get one. 

Didn't the most recent PS4 Spiderman win a bunch of awards? So I'm now going to shell out $600 to just get another updated Spiderman? Seems dramatic and unnecessary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

I haven't gotten Godfall or Souls but suspect I may? I like console launch because it usually means there are titles I try out that I normally would never have touched mid-lifecycle with tons of other options. Resistance Fall of Man and Ridge Racer 7 were crazy fun on PS3 and both games I never would have got normally. PS4 had Black Flag and NBA2k that ate up so much of my life I don't think I had time to play anything before inFAMOUS Second Son came out and ate up even more of my time!

Watch Dogs is coming today. Did you confirm if you can actually play it now after installing it? I might have to rent Sackboy at some point too, but once cyberpunk drops, I won't have time for anything on my PS5.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I like console launch because it usually means there are titles I try out that I normally would never have touched mid-lifecycle with tons of other options.

I'm the same way. There is a lot of PSplus games that they have for free that I never played and probably wouldn't other wise. Plus all the other damn games I didn't play because I got rid of my ps4 last December. I'm effing swamped with games now and don't even know where to start lol. I can't play more then one game at a time or I'll lose focus and never finish them. I did beat astro bot in 1 day yesterday so that's out if the way at least. Probably going to do last of us 2 next since that isn't a open work time suck. 

Then either start " days gone" or just do more 20 to 30 hr games like God of war till cyber punk gets the PS5 version. 

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Watch Dogs is coming today. Did you confirm if you can actually play it now after installing it? I might have to rent Sackboy at some point too, but once cyberpunk drops, I won't have time for anything on my PS5.

I installed it but didn’t play. I have that, Sackboy, and Valhalla (that I still need to store pick-up) along with ps+ collection games that I never got to on PS4.... so now I’m in that space where I’m going to sit and play nothing because I can’t determine which one to pick between lmao. 

also, my movers come to pack my life up Monday so I need to have all my belongings I plan on keeping in my possession (aka not getting boxed and going into storage) set aside, throw out random things I don’t need/want to move with me, as well as well as seeing friends and thotties one final time before my departure... so since I beat and platinum’d spider man, I might not actually jump into any games until thanksgiving weekend or the following week when I’m in my long-term hotel 

I'd snitch too!

Biggest complaint for me so far...

Bought a 4TB external to copy my 2TB PS4 over to and download a bunch of PS+ collection games onto. The Western Digital with the blue trim to match the historical PlayStation look. 

Then Best Buy has a Western Digital 5TB drive on sale for like $30 LESS than I spent on the 4TB one... well you can't copy one external to the other directly... so now I am waiting allll day long to copy stuff from the external onto the PS4, then from the PS4 onto the new external... then repeating the process all over again. Granted this is going on in the background while I'm working, but its like a solid 6-7 hours just to transfer around 2TB worth of content onto the PS4 before I can even begin to put it on the new/second external drive...and then I'll still have to repeat that whole process. FML

I think I'll wait to get a ps5 until the groundbreaking Madden 22 PS5 bundle comes out next year.  

4 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

this has been my stance leading up to this. The only thing that's going to get me moving to get this is the open world Harry Potter game and RE8. Other than that I don't see the reason to treat this as the 2020 Furby and fight people online/overpay to get one. 

Didn't the most recent PS4 Spiderman win a bunch of awards? So I'm now going to shell out $600 to just get another updated Spiderman? Seems dramatic and unnecessary. 

I juuuust found out about the open world potter game and I’m excited about this as well!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, opengeo said:

I juuuust found out about the open world potter game and I’m excited about this as well!

Did you not watch the games reveal preso a couple months back?

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

People still are struggling to get one makes it crazy that I got one.. I'm glad I didn't give up the entire night that it launched. 

Then we have ballers like you getting 50 of them lol

• Like 1