Playstation 5

opengeo

14 hours ago, rambo said:

Finally managed to snag a bundle with an extra controller Spiderman, COD BLOPS and Demon Souls.  Any of you guys have the pulse 3d headset and would it be worth it for an upgrade from golds?

This guy is pretty fair with his reviews on stuff @5:45 he talks about the headset. He seems to lean towards not being worth it. At least that's what I got out of it. 

I tested out the remote play feature last night on my pc for a bit. Works better than I thought, but there were some occasional hiccups that made it something I'd only want to use in a pinch. Still though, super convenient to even have that as an option.

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I always have a disc (or have inserted one) and that is when there is noise. So I imagine on regular boot up it is reading/registering the disc each time

Looked into it more. Most of the noise is when using the disc drive. 

17 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Right now I have only played downloaded games and mine makes absolutely no noise. 

Yeah, I’ve only played downloadable games thus far too, and it’s on right now.  Can’t hear a thing.

2 hours ago, opengeo said:

It gets so damn hot so quickly. Thankfully have temp triggered fans in the media rack.

I haven't really checked to see how hot it gets. I also assume if it gets that hot the fans will rev up more and haven't experienced that either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, opengeo said:

It gets so damn hot so quickly. Thankfully have temp triggered fans in the media rack.

Yup. I already added one extra fan on the right side, might have to add a second on the left.

• Like 1

Big sale on PS4 games at GameStop right now if anyone is looking to get it cheap then get the free upgrades for ps5 version

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I haven't really checked to see how hot it gets. I also assume if it gets that hot the fans will rev up more and haven't experienced that either

Mine gets hot enough to trigger the media rack fans within 5 mins of use. It's insanely hot...much hotter than the ps4. I don't hear the unit at all...just my rack fans which are a little noisy. I have a quiet external Dyson fan off to the side which I just point at the media rack while I am using the ps5. That keeps things cool and quiet.

1 hour ago, opengeo said:

Mine gets hot enough to trigger the media rack fans within 5 mins of use. It's insanely hot...much hotter than the ps4. I don't hear the unit at all...just my rack fans which are a little noisy. I have a quiet external Dyson fan off to the side which I just point at the media rack while I am using the ps5. That keeps things cool and quiet.

Is this with running games off of a disk? Or a PS5 version of a digital? Maybe that's why I'm not experiencing anything because I haven't even tried a ps5 game or used a disk. Then again I never had this problem with my ps4 either. Maybe it's just you stander upper console freaks lol. 

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is this with running games off of a disk? Or a PS5 version of a digital? Maybe that's why I'm not experiencing anything because I haven't even tried a ps5 game or used a disk. Then again I never had this problem with my ps4 either. Maybe it's just you stander upper console freaks lol. 

Like you I have the disc version but I will only ever use digital.

1 hour ago, opengeo said:

Are your fans capable of ramp curves? Try dropping the trigger points if so. AC Infinity cabinet fans have this capability.

Otherwise, you could always try 120mm usb fans (e.g. link below) that plug into the back of the ps5 and configure them to turn on when the PS5 turns on. Make sure you direct them to blow air OUT of the vents in your cabinet, rather than in. The are slow enough that they aren't audible, but move enough air while powered to keep the temps from rising too quick.

https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-ruf-17001-usb-fan/p/N82E16800996313?item=N82E16800996313

• Like 1

Also, I played about 30 min of Watch Dogs and it looks like absolute dog sheet. Like, it looks bad even by PS4 standards. So this tells me two things, 1) Ubisheet still sucks gonads and can't even begin to compete with other devs like GG, ND, SSM, etc and 2) the PS5 "upgrade" of PS4 games is likely to disappoint for other titles as well. I'm now far less optimistic about how Cyberpunk is gonna look on PS5. I still have it pre-ordered for PC and will likely be keeping that going forward.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Also, I played about 30 min of Watch Dogs and it looks like absolute dog sheet. Like, it looks bad even by PS4 standards. So this tells me two things, 1) Ubisheet still sucks gonads and can't even begin to compete with other devs like GG, ND, SSM, etc and 2) the PS5 "upgrade" of PS4 games is likely to disappoint for other titles as well. I'm now far less optimistic about how Cyberpunk is gonna look on PS5. I still have it pre-ordered for PC and will likely be keeping that going forward.

I'd go with ubisoft just sucks. They have done this how many times? Showing insane graphics then the game comes out and it's crap. I downloaded days gone that is optimized for ps5 and the game looks absolutely gorgeous and it runs very smooth.  I'm sure cyberpunk is definitely going to push the PS5 limits. 

PS5 does have some updates coming out soon to fix some of the early issues so that might help. Also do you have your tv set for the 2.1 HDMI? I know I didn't at first and it looked like crap. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd go with ubisoft just sucks. They have done this how many times? Showing insane graphics then the game comes out and it's crap. I downloaded days gone that is optimized for ps5 and the game looks absolutely gorgeous and it runs very smooth.  I'm sure cyberpunk is definitely going to push the PS5 limits. 

PS5 does have some updates coming out soon to fix some of the early issues so that might help. Also do you have your tv set for the 2.1 HDMI? I know I didn't at first and it looked like crap. 

My tv doesn't support 2.1 but it doesn't matter because the game is framerate locked at 30fps.

1 minute ago, we_gotta_believe said:

My tv doesn't support 2.1 but it doesn't matter because the game is framerate locked at 30fps.

Well that is garbage. They should of put it out unlocked

On 11/22/2020 at 7:13 AM, opengeo said:

Mine seems to as well, I only noticed because I have the controller charging station behind it and went to switch the other day.  Definitely felt some heat as I reached back there.  Only using downloadable games at the moment, have it positioned horizontally, AND have mine sitting on top of the media console, not in the shelf.  It’s got as much open airflow surrounding it as possible without the use of fans.  No way will I roll with my original plan of putting it on the shelf.

So did you guys transfer games from the ps4 to ps5 or just re-download?  I'd like to do a transfer of data since psn downloads are so slow.

1 hour ago, rambo said:

So did you guys transfer games from the ps4 to ps5 or just re-download?  I'd like to do a transfer of data since psn downloads are so slow.

redownloaded. Didn't transfer jack ish from the ps4. It's dead to me.

Seems the only overheating issues are when you play it from rest mode. That's what I'm reading anyways 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Seems the only overheating issues are when you play it from rest mode. That's what I'm reading anyways 

Oh I definitely ONLY power into rest mode. I never shut off the unit. That must be the cause of the heat then.

19 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Oh I definitely ONLY power into rest mode. I never shut off the unit. That must be the cause of the heat then.

Yes rest mode seems to be the cause of all the PS5 problems right now. Updates should be rolling out soon to fix the rest mode problems. 

• Like 1