Playstation 5

opengeo

17 hours ago, rambo said:

So did you guys transfer games from the ps4 to ps5 or just re-download?  I'd like to do a transfer of data since psn downloads are so slow.

Bought a 5TB drive for like $80ish at Best Buy. Transferred stuff from PS4 to the drive, then connected to the PS5 and downloaded most of the PS+ collection games onto the external as well as random games I've bought/gotten for free via monthly PS+ over the years. 

I've been going into full shutdown just as a precaution for now. Also, the stand in horizontal orientation is pretty crappy. Keeps slipping off when I try to position the console in the cabinet, requiring me to pull the whole thing back out to clip it back on again.

Just now, we_gotta_believe said:

I've been going into full shutdown just as a precaution for now. Also, the stand in horizontal orientation is pretty crappy. Keeps slipping off when I try to position the console in the cabinet, requiring me to pull the whole thing back out to clip it back on again.

the clips looked so much more "useful" in the demo vids online than in actuality in real life... like there doesn't seem to be a designated spot on the rear when horizontal. Just several locations that all seem like it will balance there no problem. 

On 9/21/2020 at 7:56 PM, we_gotta_believe said:

Meh. Most of the xbox exclusives are also released on PC. And yeah, fallout hasn't been good since New Vegas.

my kid got me playing fallout 4 in the ps4...it's pretty fun for an old guy like me who sucks at video games. :lol: 

Just now, Agent23 said:

the clips looked so much more "useful" in the demo vids online than in actuality in real life... like there doesn't seem to be a designated spot on the rear when horizontal. Just several locations that all seem like it will balance there no problem. 

Yeah at least in vertical orientation there's that screw that's supposed to stabilize it, but at this point, just minor gripes, everything else has been awesome.

Just now, mr_hunt said:

my kid got me playing fallout 4 in the ps4...it's pretty fun for an old guy like me who sucks at video games. :lol: 

The old ones were better if you've never played them, but FO4 is still better than Outer Worlds. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

You are supposed to put it where the button symbols are in the back for horizontal. Not matter though it still slides the eff off. 

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

I don't know why people insist on messing with the rest mode if it's causing problems. Just shut the damn thing off till they come out with a patch to fix it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You are supposed to put it where the button symbols are in the back for horizontal. Not matter though it still slides the eff off. 

My 5, 4Pro, SeriesX, and SeriesS are all chilling in this beast as we speak 

image.jpg

19 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

image.jpg

I didnt know you had 6 kids. 

5 minutes ago, What The F said:

I didnt know you had 6 kids. 

The Dave Chappelle thread ain’t the only one skeet skeeting! 

• Haha 1

Nintendo Switch thread reminded me I also have a Nintendo switch in that soccer mom ride! Probably more second-hand value in video gaming items than everything else crammed in there combined lmao 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

image.jpg

Hop up out yo sleigh like you santa claus I got a present for each and all y'all

40 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Nintendo Switch thread reminded me I also have a Nintendo switch in that soccer mom ride! Probably more second-hand value in video gaming items than everything else crammed in there combined lmao 

What happened to your beamer?

1 hour ago, we_gotta_believe said:

RAM is being measured at up to 90C. Not encouraging for the lifespan of this thing. Better not be a repeat of the 360 and PS3 issues.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-GDDR6-memory-reaches-potentially-critical-temperatures-due-to-seemingly-inadequate-PS5-cooling-solution-design.505790.0.html

This thing was built to withstand heat with the huge fan and liquid metal. If this crap crashes after only a year in it's lifecycle they better be prepared to replace them with a better design or they will lose a lot of people. 

On 11/24/2020 at 9:43 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

This thing was built to withstand heat with the huge fan and liquid metal. If this crap crashes after only a year in it's lifecycle they better be prepared to replace them with a better design or they will lose a lot of people. 

I don’t know exactly what is causing it, but mine has been freezing/crashing at a relatively frequent rate lately.  Hoping it’s just a blip until something is patched, but I’m not pleased with the development.  The most recent one involved the TV screen going blank, yet the controller continued to vibrate periodically.  No button presses, either on the controller or the console itself, accomplished anything.  Finally had to detach the power cord, which of course prompted the "do not do this” message when it rebooted, but have no clue what else could have been done.  Are there any failsafe options for scenarios like this?

23 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

I don’t know exactly what is causing it, but mine has been freezing/crashing at a relatively frequent rate lately.  Hoping it’s just a blip until something is patched, but I’m not pleased with the development.  The most recent one involved the TV screen going blank, yet the controller continued to vibrate periodically.  No button presses, either on the controller or the console itself, accomplished anything.  Finally had to detach the power cord, which of course prompted the "do not do this” message when it rebooted, but have no clue what else could have been done.  Are there any failsafe options for scenarios like this?

Screenshot_20201126-232317.png

• Like 1

90c is not good at all.  If a PC graphics card got that hot,  it definitely wouldn't last long.  

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

90c is not good at all.  If a PC graphics card got that hot,  it definitely wouldn't last long.  

I wonder if that can be fixed through a patch though. Like maybe something else is running when it shouldn't be? Like they say it runs hotter if you start from rest mode. So obviously something is already running. 

I have not experienced any issues at all yet though with a digital game or a disc game. I was nervous when I put an actual PS5 game in via disc and still no issues. Obviously the console was a bit louder but, once it downloaded and I was running the regular game it got quiet again

1 hour ago, rambo said:

Demon Souls is hard asf

Bought the other day but won’t take the system out of the rental van and set up until I’m settled into my place in Minnesota Monday or Tuesday. 

22 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Screenshot_20201126-232317.png

Are you saying this can help prevent the crashing, or that it can be done when there’s no obvious way to power the console off?  I’m assuming the former, just want to be sure.  I’ll definitely try it if that’s the case.

Just now, EaglesFan said:

Are you saying this can help prevent the crashing, or that it can be done when there’s no obvious way to power the console off?  I’m assuming the former, just want to be sure.  I’ll definitely try it if that’s the case.

I just put in freezing and crashing in the trouble shooting forum on the playstation website and this was one of the the options for when you are getting no response from your controller. So I'm guessing this is a safe way to shut it down and also clean up the crashing mess. 

@EaglesFan The "no response from the controller" thing happened to me once when it crashed. I think I pushed and held the power button on the console for like 5 seconds to shut it down and then again to soft reboot it.