Playstation 5

opengeo

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There have been games known to actually brick consoles, make them run hot and crash systems. Cyberpunk was actually doing all 3 to some systems and I believe call of duty cold war was also giving the new systems some trouble. 

I haven't really heard any major problems with the console itself in awhile other then the controller drifting

Yeah, Marvel’s Avengers freezes on me here and there (I’m just now finishing the campaign and getting to the add-on content, because I was stuck in the campaign for six months due to the horribleness that was the game’s state at launch), but nothing like what happened a few times earlier when playing Miles Morales and Spidey Remastered.  Sometimes the freezes then would be accompanied by really loud, ominous sounding buzzing

On 12/30/2020 at 12:40 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Are you gonna play the upgraded ps5 version of no man's sky?

Thought I responded to this. Absolutely yes. No Man's Sky is probably the 4th or 5th best gaming experience I have ever had and it gets better with each play through as the devs add more and more to the title. I am starting to get interested in maybe firing it up again, but likely will wait another few months. So much has changed since my last play through.

13 minutes ago, opengeo said:

Thought I responded to this. Absolutely yes. No Man's Sky is probably the 4th or 5th best gaming experience I have ever had and it gets better with each play through as the devs add more and more to the title. I am starting to get interested in maybe firing it up again, but likely will wait another few months. So much has changed since my last play through.

I thought you did too lol. Maybe it was on the No Man's thread

On 4/4/2021 at 5:00 PM, EaglesFan said:

Yeah, Marvel’s Avengers freezes on me here and there (I’m just now finishing the campaign and getting to the add-on content, because I was stuck in the campaign for six months due to the horribleness that was the game’s state at launch), but nothing like what happened a few times earlier when playing Miles Morales and Spidey Remastered.  Sometimes the freezes then would be accompanied by really loud, ominous sounding buzzing

Once in a while my TV will turn to snow and make a loud pop but then it's fine lol. 

On 4/6/2021 at 2:09 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Once in a while my TV will turn to snow and make a loud pop but then it's fine lol. 

Wow, while playing a game?

43 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Wow, while playing a game?

No, sometimes it's when booting the system up or turning it off. 

• Like 1

Was wondering why TLOU was trending

Should put that effort into a new game instead

On 4/9/2021 at 2:43 PM, Mike030270 said:

Was wondering why TLOU was trending

Should put that effort into a new game instead

yeah, weird. Another remaster for ps5, I guess? But seems silly/azy doing a straight up remake and putting so many resources into that instead of moving along with the story or coming up with something fresh.

On 4/12/2021 at 2:39 PM, JBENT87 said:

yeah, weird. Another remaster for ps5, I guess? But seems silly/azy doing a straight up remake and putting so many resources into that instead of moving along with the story or coming up with something fresh.

If they keep making bank on the same game why stop? They make great games and they just don't go for cash grabs and they don't make games every year. That being said I don't but the remastered versions and I'm sure they are working on other projects while still making bank on old titles. 

Haven’t read deets but sounds like the first real update

Update out. Biggest takeaway is being able to Store PS5 titles on external HDD/SDD.  Thats big. 

3 hours ago, What The F said:

Update out. Biggest takeaway is being able to Store PS5 titles on external HDD/SDD.  Thats big. 

I think i have a 5TB external as Best Buy had some huge sale on them right around the launch of the PS5. $90 + tax?

image.png.5e9a4afa81c0293830a118a9214d5ebb.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I think i have a 5TB external as Best Buy had some huge sale on them right around the launch of the PS5. $90 + tax?

image.png.5e9a4afa81c0293830a118a9214d5ebb.png

Is it wise to wait till others try it out? 

Ratchet and Clank got a release date for June. Preordered, hope it's as good as the others.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Is it wise to wait till others try it out? 

I plugged the PS5 back in for the first time in like 10 days or whatever its been. To do the download. Only to be sitting in my room today working and hearing the damn PS5 home screen music subtly coming from the other room. Damn thing is still turning itself on... <_< 

5 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Ratchet and Clank got a release date for June. Preordered, hope it's as good as the others.

A few weeks back I tried the original. Had it free from the PS+ collection but it was the March free game also... I played for a couple of hours but it just felt very meh and like "what is the hype about?!?" 

Was excited for a new exclusive to be coming out soon and figured that would be good to play the predecessor and I was underwhelmed 

5 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

It should be and then some. 

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I plugged the PS5 back in for the first time in like 10 days or whatever its been. To do the download. Only to be sitting in my room today working and hearing the damn PS5 home screen music subtly coming from the other room. Damn thing is still turning itself on... <_< 

What in the hell is your PS5 possessed by!?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

A few weeks back I tried the original. Had it free from the PS+ collection but it was the March free game also... I played for a couple of hours but it just felt very meh and like "what is the hype about?!?" 

Was excited for a new exclusive to be coming out soon and figured that would be good to play the predecessor and I was underwhelmed 

I played the one for yeh P3 way back when and lost interest in it after an hour or so... I don't loaded the one for PS4 and couldn't out it down. Not sur what changed that I liked it so much from the earlier title

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

It initially follows the standard platformer formula, but the gameplay becomes more varied as you progress rather than the other way around, and a lot of the allure is rooted in the weaponry and hero sidekick dynamic. Aside from mario games, it's the one platformer that I'll always buy on day 1. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Might be your controller instead of the console. You might want to try draining the battery or moving it out of range to rule that out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Might be your controller instead of the console. You might want to try draining the battery or moving it out of range to rule that out.

I did have to plug in controller to do an update yesterday when i powered back in and completely forgot that i own a SECOND controller. I will update that one tonight and see if maybe that creates a fix. 

Updated the other controller. PS5 turned itself randomly on twice since then. Back to having it unplugged. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Updated the other controller. PS5 turned itself randomly on twice since then. Back to having it unplugged. 

This is the weirdest sheet ever agent

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is the weirdest sheet ever agent

I hates it

11 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I hates it

Use your Xbox instead 

• Like 1