Playstation 5

opengeo

3 hours ago, opengeo said:

So my Epson projector broke and I upgraded to the Sony 4K VPL-VW295ES. Whoa! Huge difference all around. Cyberpunk, Miles Morales...these game look miles better with native HDR enhancement. I may have to replay some other games too. 

Are you gonna play the upgraded ps5 version of no man's sky?

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

that spiderman game looks ridiculously good on the ps5. :drool:   

I still have not even taken the wrapper off that game. I really effed up with this system lol. I have 7 games and barley touched any of them. I play like an hour of one then a few minutes of another and that's basically all I got 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I still have not even taken the wrapper off that game. I really effed up with this system lol. I have 7 games and barley touched any of them. I play like an hour of one then a few minutes of another and that's basically all I got 

I can't be a video game Fboy. I have to focus on one title. Combination of story immersion, game play mechanics (controls), and not feeling like I have 5 things cooking at once and cant juggle them all without one thing getting overcooked, one getting undercooked, one being cold by the time you serve it, etc....

Spiderman MM was my first playthrough (after Astros) and knocked it out mainly over a long weekend (I think like 26 hours). Then between moving and living out of half a dozen hotels for a week and a half or so, played nothing. Then was stuck with Demons Souls, Sackboy, Watchdogs Legions, Valhalla, Ghosts of Tsushima... and Cyberpunk pre-ordered.... that I knew nothing had any chance of being beaten before cyberpunk which i wanted to play alongside people here. Toyed with Demons Souls a decent bit before giving up on Cyber and now I'm like 45+ hours into Tsushima and it's awesome. 

7 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I can't be a video game Fboy. I have to focus on one title. Combination of story immersion, game play mechanics (controls), and not feeling like I have 5 things cooking at once and cant juggle them all without one thing getting overcooked, one getting undercooked, one being cold by the time you serve it, etc....

Spiderman MM was my first playthrough (after Astros) and knocked it out mainly over a long weekend (I think like 26 hours). Then between moving and living out of half a dozen hotels for a week and a half or so, played nothing. Then was stuck with Demons Souls, Sackboy, Watchdogs Legions, Valhalla, Ghosts of Tsushima... and Cyberpunk pre-ordered.... that I knew nothing had any chance of being beaten before cyberpunk which i wanted to play alongside people here. Toyed with Demons Souls a decent bit before giving up on Cyber and now I'm like 45+ hours into Tsushima and it's awesome. 

I know we have discussed that we can only handle one title at a time lol. I don't know what happened that I ended up with to many effing games lol. I think it's because of not having the ps4 basically all year long combined with the fact of getting a new console. So I'm trying to play titles I missed from selling my ps4 like an idiot but also wanting some ps5 games to check out the new hardware . 

On 12/30/2020 at 12:42 PM, mr_hunt said:

that spiderman game looks ridiculously good on the ps5. :drool:   

It really, really does.

• 1 month later...

Don't like what they did to the mobile app. It was easy to search for the free games

49 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't like what they did to the mobile app. It was easy to search for the free games

Huh? Just tried for the first time. Super easy 

1. open app

2. Click story icon bottom center

3. Click subscriptions from horizontal list at top

4. Ps plus monthly games right at the top 

### bonus... if you click "deals” there is an entire "free to play” category :huh: 

29DCBA14-CAAC-4BD5-9719-EAEB4F2925F5.png

0193CBE6-7057-44B4-AA5C-1A0D0BC207E4.png

5F8D9765-F8EE-4761-8DA2-6FF2145DBA97.png

666C3690-C010-410D-A667-1D50B629601C.png

273BB42B-FB80-401E-A6C1-6B46D24DF3CE.png

• Thanks 1

Didn't think it'd be under subscriptions. Thought that was for the PlayNow or something else they came up with

Free to play is the multiplayer games that are free with microtransactions I think

6 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Didn't think it'd be under subscriptions. Thought that was for the PlayNow or something else they came up with

Free to play is the multiplayer games that are free with microtransactions I think

Umm no free to play are free games to download and play. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Umm no free to play are free games to download and play. 

That's what I said...

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

That's what I said...

It is? Then I don't know what you are talking about with multi player and  the micro transactions. 

20 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It is? Then I don't know what you are talking about with multi player and  the micro transactions. 

probably referring to how Fornite is 100% free to play but still makes over $1B a month

• Like 1

looks like walmart is releasing more units on their site in about 7 minutes 

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone having turn on issues? Probably over the past week, but noticibly the past 48 hours... my PS5 just randomly powers on by itself. Happened 2 or 3 times yesterday when I was streaming television (mid-episode i hear the beep, screen goes black --auto-switching inputs-- then a few seconds late the PS5 boot up is on the screen). So then I have to get up to grab PS5 remote or controller and power it off and switch my TV back to my streaming app.

It's happened twice today and at least 1 or 2 other days in the past week while I was working and I could hear the PS5 home screen audio coming from the living room while I'm sitting at my desk in my bedroom. When it happened the second time today I just powered the system off and unplugged it. 

19 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Anyone having turn on issues? Probably over the past week, but noticibly the past 48 hours... my PS5 just randomly powers on by itself. Happened 2 or 3 times yesterday when I was streaming television (mid-episode i hear the beep, screen goes black --auto-switching inputs-- then a few seconds late the PS5 boot up is on the screen). So then I have to get up to grab PS5 remote or controller and power it off and switch my TV back to my streaming app.

It's happened twice today and at least 1 or 2 other days in the past week while I was working and I could hear the PS5 home screen audio coming from the living room while I'm sitting at my desk in my bedroom. When it happened the second time today I just powered the system off and unplugged it. 

Did it do it from standby or completely off?

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Did it do it from standby or completely off?

From being completely off. No clue what the heck is causing it. 

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

From being completely off. No clue what the heck is causing it. 

Wow, that's really freaking odd. Creepy also. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Wow, that's really freaking odd. Creepy also. 

I dislike it 

On 4/2/2021 at 10:18 PM, Agent23 said:

I dislike it 

This made me chuckle.  Not at your situation, but rather your reaction.  That is bizarre, though.  I’ve had some strange stuff happen with mine, but not quite at that level

13 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

This made me chuckle.  Not at your situation, but rather your reaction.  That is bizarre, though.  I’ve had some strange stuff happen with mine, but not quite at that level

I feel as though I'm the only one that hasn't had a single problem. Which is actually weird because every console I get bricks in a week or 2 lol

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I feel as though I'm the only one that hasn't had a single problem. Which is actually weird because every console I get bricks in a week or 2 lol

Glad to hear it!  Mine has caused me some concern here and there, but lately seems to have been better (though it did randomly freeze up and shut down a game recently, costing me the progress I’d made during that session).

2 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Glad to hear it!  Mine has caused me some concern here and there, but lately seems to have been better (though it did randomly freeze up and shut down a game recently, costing me the progress I’d made during that session).

I think those kinds of crashes are usually a game problem and not a console problem. 

• Like 1

Hoping you’re right.  This past time I did get a message that the game I was playing has encountered a problem or something to that effect, which does seem a bit different from the issues I was having with things earlier.

37 minutes ago, EaglesFan said:

Hoping you’re right.  This past time I did get a message that the game I was playing has encountered a problem or something to that effect, which does seem a bit different from the issues I was having with things earlier.

There have been games known to actually brick consoles, make them run hot and crash systems. Cyberpunk was actually doing all 3 to some systems and I believe call of duty cold war was also giving the new systems some trouble. 

I haven't really heard any major problems with the console itself in awhile other then the controller drifting