EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Very excited.  The media this season is actually shockingly on the bandwagon.   I guess they were shocked they exceeded expectations last year.   Well just elevate.  It's time to  take this Division back.  Home Playoff game and the sky's the limit.   I also like that we are taking a huge trip down Super Bowl LII memory lane this year.   Doug Pederson Comes into town on week 4.  They also play Carson not once but twice.  They also play Frank Reich Colts later in the season and Nick Foles is the backup.  Also hoping Sirianni  and Gannon continue to grow in this second year. Again very excited to see how Hurts and all these weapons on Offense along with Defense are going to look.   I think it's very important to  not start out slow this year.  Both Super Bowl Runs (XXXIX, LII) this Century featured long Winning Streaks.   They need to stack up wins early.    Take no team for granted.   

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Again - yeah ... ok ... fine ... I disagree. Your expectations are set based on your assessment of Hurts. But as an Eagles fan - for the duration that Hurts is an Eagle - don't you hope that your assessment is wrong. 

Sure why not? One less position to fill. I don't see it tho

3 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Very excited.  The media this season is actually shockingly on the bandwagon.   I guess they were shocked they exceeded expectations last year.   Well just elevate.  It's time to  take this Division back.  Home Playoff game and the sky's the limit.   I also like that we are taking a huge trip down Super Bowl LII memory lane this year.   Doug Pederson Comes into town on week 4.  They also play Carson not once but twice.  They also play Frank Reich Colts later in the season and Nick Foles is the backup.  Also hoping Sirianni  and Gannon continue to grow in this second year. Again very excited to see how Hurts and all these weapons on Offense along with Defense are going to look.   I think it's very important to  not start out slow this year.  Both Super Bowl Runs (XXXIX, LII) this Century featured long Winning Streaks.   They need to stack up wins early.    Take no team for granted.   

I'm sure the media will be all over those 2 stories. Back to back weeks

32 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Two questions to start the dialogue.

1) What are you most looking forward to?

2) What is your bold prediction?

1. Obviously seeing how Hurts plays. That will have the greatest impact both on this season and next year's draft.

2. We beat Dallas twice. Dallas has lost five starters on offense and its defense was carried by turnovers last year and is due to regress to the mean. 

15 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You are a homophobe. You are a racist. Just because you try to gaslight everybody else, doesn't absolve you of your issues. 

I'm a homophobe because I'm the target of daily homophobic insults.   Makes sense.  

Guest justrelax

Various nonsensical predictions. The turds win no more than seven games. Eagles win eleven. Both Brown and Smith go over 1000 yards. By week ten the Eagles will have the league’s best defense.

On a non-predictive note, I can’t make up my mind who the TEs are after Goedert. Stoll is the best blocker of the three by a fair amount, Calcaterra is the best receiver, and Togiai is the best combination of the two skills. They all appear to have good instincts.

On a topic  I’m importing from the OTA blog, I would add a benefit from the joint practices: the opportunity to see other systems in a controlled environment, in this case play-action passes. Since we do it so little, our defense has recognition issues. Our defense was slow to react.!Cleveland exposed them. I was glad of that. Of particular note was how slow Dean was to react. Good to have specific issues to address.

I'm most looking forward to seeing how the Eagles pass defense performs against a good passing offense; that means I'm looking forward to Week 2 against MIN more than Week 1 against DET.

Bold prediction -- Eagles finish 10-7, 2nd place in the division (again), get into the playoffs (again) and lose to Tampa Bay in the wildcard round (again)

4 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

1. Obviously seeing how Hurts plays. That will have the greatest impact both on this season and next year's draft.

2. We beat Dallas twice. Dallas has lost five starters on offense and its defense was carried by turnovers last year and is due to regress to the mean. 

My nomination for best post so far. Nothing flashy or earth shattering - just straight forward substance addressing the questions by the OP.

1 minute ago, Nivraga said:

My nomination for best post so far. Nothing flashy or earth shattering - just straight forward substance addressing the questions by the OP.

Homophobe.

2 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I'm most looking forward to seeing how the Eagles pass defense performs against a good passing offense; that means I'm looking forward to Week 2 against MIN more than Week 1 against DET.

Bold prediction -- Eagles finish 10-7, 2nd place in the division (again), get into the playoffs (again) and lose to Tampa Bay in the wildcard round (again)

Even with all the injuries and FA losses the Turds have had?

5 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Various nonsensical predictions. The turds win no more than seven games. Eagles win eleven. Both Brown and Smith go over 1000 yards. By week ten the Eagles will have the league’s best defense.

On a non-predictive note, I can’t make up my mind who the TEs are after Goedert. Stoll is the best blocker of the three by a fair amount, Calcaterra is the best receiver, and Togiai is the best combination of the two skills. They all appear to have good instincts.

On a topic  I’m importing from the OTA blog, I would add a benefit from the joint practices: the opportunity to see other systems in a controlled environment, in this case play-action passes. Since we do it so little, our defense has recognition issues. Our defense was slow to react.!Cleveland exposed them. I was glad of that. Of particular note was how slow Dean was to react. Hood to have specific issues to address

I would like to see Brown/Smith go over 1k yards. I think Smith leads the team in yards and Brown leads the team in TDs

13 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

I'm a homophobe because I'm the target of daily homophobic insults.   Makes sense.  

Well, at least you aren't denying that you're a racist now. That's a good start. 

15 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

image.gif.5c438330512089524a93d2ae320fa546.gif

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Well, at least you aren't denying that you're a racist now. That's a good start. 

Yea I noticed he left that out. Thought this whole racism thing would've been done by now

14 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

wut

Just now, hputenis said:

image.gif.5c438330512089524a93d2ae320fa546.gif

Just want my first post in the new blog to be calling you a €untstain 

14 minutes ago, justrelax said:

The team will face an interesting decision - use a lot of 12 personnel which Stoutland loves in the run game, or use a lot of 11 personnel which gets our best playmakers on the field.

I just can't see them putting Stoll or Calcaterra on the field over Watkins and Pascal. But I am sure Stoutland will be pushing for that.

15 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Even with all the injuries and FA losses the Turds have had?

Unfortunately, I'm still of the opinion their mid-tier QB (10-12) will do a superior job with their offense than our bottom-tier QB (20-22) will.

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Two questions to start the dialogue.

1) What are you most looking forward to?

2) What is your bold prediction?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The additions of Reddick, Davis, etc. making the front seven more disruptive.

2) Kelce will score a TD.  Either as a lead back or some sort of hook-and-ladder near the goal line.

1) To see if Hurts can play well enough to take this team to a Super Bowl. His ceiling is probably a step below Lamar Jackson. If he can do that and our pass rush improves, I think it’s possible in the NFC. 

2) Goedert leads team in receptions and receiving TDs

20 minutes ago, justrelax said:

On a topic  I’m importing from the OTA blog, I would add a benefit from the joint practices: the opportunity to see other systems in a controlled environment, in this case play-action passes. Since we do it so little, our defense has recognition issues. Our defense was slow to react.!Cleveland exposed them. I was glad of that. Of particular note was how slow Dean was to react. Good to have specific issues to address.

How do you think Wash does this year? 

8 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

Because it's an absurd accusation not based on anything.  You're fast approaching becoming the 4th person on my ignore list. 

27 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Stoll will play the most. If we go 11, it's Goedert. If we go 12, Stoll is either blocking, used as a safety valve/checkdown or we're running. We're not running 12 to throw with Calcaterra when Pascal/Watkins are better WRs. Calcaterra is not a good enough blocker for opposing teams to think run. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Because it's an absurd accusation not based on anything.  You're fast approaching becoming the 4th person on my ignore list. 

EAA79D59-A642-4ABD-BEAA-88542689B99F.gif.e5edbefaa04ceb428209c09f797daedf.gif

Archived