EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, Alphagrand said:

Unfortunately, I'm still of the opinion their mid-tier QB (10-12) will do a superior job with their offense than our bottom-tier QB (20-22) will.

I agree but I believe they have suffered too many key losses. I think the Eagles defense will be a top 10 defense and will help win ball games despite Hurts not being able to throw. The schedule sets up nicely for us as well. Could be 5-1 heading into the bye week

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Because it's an absurd accusation not based on anything.  You're fast approaching becoming the 4th person on my ignore list. 

Do it! You racists homophobe

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Stoll will play the most. If we go 11, it's Goedert. If we go 12, Stoll is either blocking, used as a safety valve/chekdown or we're running. We're not running 12 to throw with Calcaterra when Pascal/Watkins are better WRs. Calcaterra is not a good enough blocker for opposing teams to think run. 

You don’t think Togiai has a chance to beat out either one? That’s where I’m ambivalent. That said, I think you’re probably right.

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Bold prediction is the Eagles make it to the NFC Championship Game. 

Most looking forward to is just how good this young and talented offensive unit can be this season. 

This is what you call a hot troll take.  He does not really believe this, and would not be wiling to make any type of wager on it.  This type of comment is strictly made for attention, and this poster will ignore those who will take him to task.

He will say things like, I am not going to give you an opportunity to root against the Eagles.

Problem is, you can root for you team to win each week, but still make a clear observation about the big picture.

Example.  I am an Oakland Athletics fan.  Once they traded Matt Olson, Matt Chapman and Chris Bassitt, I knew they would be one of the worst teams in baseball.  I still watch every game, and still root for them to win every game, but I would not have made insane predictions at the start of the year on how their season would go.

1 minute ago, justrelax said:

Guessing 8-9 or 9-8. Good defense, bad OL.

Yeah I have them around 10 wins I think. I think their defense is actually a tad overrated. Great d-line, but Young is still hurt. I didn't think Jamin Davis was much of anything last year after his pre-draft hype. And I don't think their secondary is very good. Against us specifically, I think our run game can neutralize their d-line, and we should be able to take advantage of their secondary. On the flipside, I think their offensive skill players match up well against our secondary too.

I like McLaurin/Dotson/Samuel/Brown. I think Gibson is a solid do everything back, who doesn't excel in any one area. Tough luck with Robinson getting shot as he was looking good in camp. Their O-line is poor, and could cause problems. And the ultimate wildcard in Wentz. If Good Wentz shows up, they'll be at 10-11 wins. If bad Wentz shows up, they'll be around 6-7 I think. 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This is what you call a hot troll take.  He does not really believe this, and would not be wiling to make any type of wager on it.  This type of comment is strictly made for attention, and this poster will ignore those who will take him to task.

He will say things like, I am not going to give you an opportunity to root against the Eagles.

Problem is, you can root for you team to win each week, but still make a clear observation about the big picture.

Example.  I am an Oakland Athletics fan.  Once they traded Matt Olson, Matt Chapman and Chris Bassitt, I knew they would be one of the worst teams in baseball.  I still watch every game, and still root for them to win every game, but I would not have made insane predictions at the start of the year on how their season would go.

Sorry man, condolences to you. 

2 minutes ago, justrelax said:

You don’t think Togiai has a chance to beat out either one? That’s where I’m ambivalent. That said, I think you’re probably right.

He may not make the roster. I want bigger TEs in heavier sets.

Guest justrelax
2 minutes ago, RLC said:

He may not make the roster. I want bigger TEs in heavier sets.

They’re all about the same height and weight. Also, Togiai has had some very good in-line blocks. He probably has the best chance to get to the PS, so you’re probably right. Just thinking out loud and appreciate the feedback.

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You're asking a guy who says we'll have the league's best defense by week 11.  You honestly care?

I don't take a lot of predictions all that seriously, was just looking to generate some discussion on our division mates. 

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

1) The weather and the food

2) Bengals doesnt make the playoffs. Carr wins the MVP

2a) Eagles bold prediction... I got nuffin'. I really think anyone with a normal mind, common sense can pretty much predict the season. 11-6, get blown out in the playoffs. Hurts is who we thought he was. 

I got Carr super late in one of my fantasy drafts. I think he's setup for a monster year. 

Of our actual, listed RBs (so not Hurts), who do you think ends up with most combined yards? 

1 hour ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Two questions to start the dialogue.

1) What are you most looking forward to?

2) What is your bold prediction?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The additions of Reddick, Davis, etc. making the front seven more disruptive.

2) Kelce will score a TD.  Either as a lead back or some sort of hook-and-ladder near the goal line.

Davis, Smith, Brown, Goedert

Hurts actually throws 4000ys

18 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

The team will face an interesting decision - use a lot of 12 personnel which Stoutland loves in the run game, or use a lot of 11 personnel which gets our best playmakers on the field.

I just can't see them putting Stoll or Calcaterra on the field over Watkins and Pascal. But I am sure Stoutland will be pushing for that.

I was hoping we were moving away from 12 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

1) Development of Davis, Dean, Jurgens and Dickerson.

2) Hurts, Kelce and Graham will miss significant time. (at least 3 games each)

Not Kelce :sad:

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Washington will be closer to what we are, than most people care to admit.  Their defense won't be as good as most people believe.  Eagles won't have the best defense in the league and we won't have two 1,000 yard receivers.  Our offense isn't set up to be that pass happy.  

Agreed on all points. It's gonna be close between us, Wash and Dallas, though I think Dallas will tail off with that o-line. Dallas also had 34 takeaways on D last year, which led the league. I don't think they hit that mark again. In 2020 they had 23, and in 2019 they had 17. I don't want to start using math in here less I confuse @jsb235, but needless to say Dallas probably has around 10 less takeaways this year, which is not insignifcant.

Washington will go as far as Wentz can take them I think. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Washington will be closer to what we are, than most people care to admit.  Their defense won't be as good as most people believe.  Eagles won't have the best defense in the league and we won't have two 1,000 yard receivers.  Our offense isn't set up to be that pass happy.  

It's only a matter of time.  

I hope not. I'd like to see him go out playing the whole season. His  starting games streak is pretty impressive for the position he plays

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude, don't bring him in here.  One drunk is enough.  

Lol he's started up again. Monday Morning Mojitos

12 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep, very best case scenario Eagles win 11 games.  I have them at 10, would not be shocked if it was 9.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Dude, don't bring him in here.  One drunk is enough.  

It's bad enough we have a racist homophobe in here

52 minutes ago, justrelax said:

Various nonsensical predictions. The turds win no more than seven games. Eagles win eleven. Both Brown and Smith go over 1000 yards. By week ten the Eagles will have the league’s best defense.

On a non-predictive note, I can’t make up my mind who the TEs are after Goedert. Stoll is the best blocker of the three by a fair amount, Calcaterra is the best receiver, and Togiai is the best combination of the two skills. They all appear to have good instincts.

On a topic  I’m importing from the OTA blog, I would add a benefit from the joint practices: the opportunity to see other systems in a controlled environment, in this case play-action passes. Since we do it so little, our defense has recognition issues. Our defense was slow to react.!Cleveland exposed them. I was glad of that. Of particular note was how slow Dean was to react. Good to have specific issues to address.

The interesting thing here is, I think we have a forgotten man. Jackson on PUP.

We may keep, say, Goedert, Calceterra and Stoll. We are going to cut a good one in Togiai (or Stoll, or Calceterra) either way. And then when Jackson is healthy, another good one is most likely getting released.

Or, have we had enough of Jackson's injuries and release him instead?

1. Seeing the starting quad of AJB Smitty Goedert and Watkins.

2. Smitty has more tds than AJ Brown

1) The additions of Reddick, Davis, etc. making the front seven more disruptive.

2) Kelce will score a TD.  Either as a lead back or some sort of hook-and-ladder near the goal line.

1.  Hopefully watching one of the more talented offenses and defenses this team has had in years translate into wins.

2. Hurts takes a huge step forward and makes the plays we all want him to make. 

10 minutes ago, Utebird said:

1. Seeing the starting quad of AJB Smitty Goedert and Watkins.

2. Smitty has more tds than AJ Brown

Is Brown the type that would publicly show his displeasure with a lack of targets? He said he didn't care about it in preseason but that's preseason

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

Really really confident that it'll be Gainwell. I think Sanders gets hurt for 4-5 games. 

Agreed, at least 4-5 he'll miss completely, another 4-5 he'll play like, 10 snaps. I hate him. 

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

Really really confident that it'll be Gainwell. I think Sanders gets hurt for 4-5 games. 

Just now, TorontoEagle said:

Agreed, at least 4-5 he'll miss completely, another 4-5 he'll play like, 10 snaps. I hate him. 

Is he healthy yet?

32 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

I got Carr super late in one of my fantasy drafts. I think he's setup for a monster year. 

Of our actual, listed RBs (so not Hurts), who do you think ends up with most combined yards? 

Same here. Snagged him in rd 14 in 2 of my leagues

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Is he healthy yet?

I think they were just trying to be on the safe side. If he wasn't then they would've traded for a rb imo

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Is he healthy yet?

Of course not.

My current, Eagles Hate List (Guys who if cut tomorrow, I'd be a happy man)

Sanders

Reagor

Barnett

Archived