• Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

But, they can’t do that alone.

Yea, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself 

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 41

Bears 16

Bonus:  Eagles score a TD with 13 personnel for the majority of the drive.

26 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

@LeanMeanGM

Eagles 41

Bears 16

Bonus:  Eagles score a TD with 13 personnel for the majority of the drive.

I do appreciate giving @LeanMeanGM difficult homework assignments for bonus predictions.

I predict the eagles will only score with a number of seconds on the clock divisible by a prime number  other than 2 :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Casey @ Bat said:

But, they can’t do that alone.

It wasn't me that said they could.

16 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Everyone says that. Then the year after winning the super bowl everyone wants to fire Howie. 

Did everyone want him fired because of the wentz contract or the awful trades he made (tate and Avery), the terrible drafting or the idiotic contract to Jeffery and other aging vets

6 hours ago, mattwill said:

Traditions

TCU is a place of spirited belonging where Horned Frogs have long found connection through our culture and traditions.

6 hours ago, mattwill said:

Traditions

TCU is a place of spirited belonging where Horned Frogs have long found connection through our culture and traditions.

You said Texans.  Dallas is not considered Texan by most and Fort Worth tries too hard to be Texan but is 70% Dallas suburb like and too damn close to Arlington.  At least Fort Worth is cattle. But if you want to reference TCU’s mascot, then I would argue there are a hell of a lot more Texans that favor Aggies, Longhorns (including the cattle they run for two blocks twice a day in Fort Worth), Cougars, Bears and Red Raiders.  TCU, like SMU and Texas Lutheran are small religious schools and the first two are a bit elitist like Dallas  

But you didn’t capitalize to suggest a mascot, so yep, horned toads, well really as a Texan we call them horny toads.  You haven’t truly experienced the desert highlands if you never had a horny toad spit blood from their eyes at you, seen a pink snake cross the road at night, see kangaroo rats a hopping, watched a roadrunner run down a lizard, peeled and ate a prickly pear and shook a scorpion out of a boot in the morning after sleeping under the stars watching shooting stars and satellites dance across the Milky Way.  

28 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

You said Texans.  Dallas is not considered Texan by most and Fort Worth tries too hard to be Texan but is 70% Dallas suburb like and too damn close to Arlington.  At least Fort Worth is cattle. But if you want to reference TCU’s mascot, then I would argue there are a hell of a lot more Texans that favor Aggies, Longhorns (including the cattle they run for two blocks twice a day in Fort Worth), Cougars, Bears and Red Raiders.  TCU, like SMU and Texas Lutheran are small religious schools and the first two are a bit elitist like Dallas  

But you didn’t capitalize to suggest a mascot, so yep, horned toads, well really as a Texan we call them horny toads.  You haven’t truly experienced the desert highlands if you never had a horny toad spit blood from their eyes at you, seen a pink snake cross the road at night, see kangaroo rats a hopping, watched a roadrunner run down a lizard, peeled and ate a prickly pear and shook a scorpion out of a boot in the morning after sleeping under the stars watching shooting stars and satellites dance across the Milky Way.  

Fair enough.  My six years in Texas has yielded two, maybe three, of your list, but no self respecting native of Fort Worth thinks that Dallas, and especially it’s suburbs as anything other than Yankeeland.  Dallas is where the East (and South) end.  Fort Worth is where the West begins.  The differences are mirrored in the two different approaches to Rodeo … Mesquite in Dallas and the Will Rogers Coliseum in Fort Worth.

When it comes to tadpoles, there is no difference between frogs and toads.  Like frogs, most toads lay their fertilised eggs in water, where they hatch into tadpoles before developing into adult toads. 

Texans do name some of their daughters Aggie, but I have yet to meet anyone whose first name or nickname is Longhorn, Cougar or Red Raider.  There have been a few guys named Bear though, and rather than Mustang they prefer Hoss.

6 hours ago, jamiller said:

It wasn't me that said they could.

It was a reference to the song I Drink Alone

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself 

You got it 👏👏👏

10 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Would be the 4th Texans coach in 4 years (technically 5th you count Romeo as the interim) 

Quality franchise.

Birds 24  Bears 16

Tighter than expected but never really in doubt. Kern downs two inside the 15.

@LeanMeanGM

9 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

I do appreciate giving @LeanMeanGM difficult homework assignments for bonus predictions.

I predict the eagles will only score with a number of seconds on the clock divisible by a prime number  other than 2 :ph34r:

It's going to be both your fault when the Eagles get a goose egg now

6 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Birds 24  Bears 16

Tighter than expected but never really in doubt. Kern downs two inside the 15.

@LeanMeanGM

Sounds like a relatively close game.  ;) 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Sounds like a relatively close game.  ;) 

Yep, late fg by the Bears makes it a one score game but Birds lead most of the way by two scores.

1 minute ago, DrPhilly said:

Yep, late fg by the Bears makes it a one score game but Birds lead most of the way by two scores.

Ah... then not so close.  That makes me feel better.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Ah... then not so close.  That makes me feel better.  

Happy to help :P

Wind chill at game time looks to be about 13 degrees.  This one is about going in and taking care of business.  Screw the style points.  Get the W and leave with your health in tact.  Stay focused on the Bears and don't get ahead of yourself.

21 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

Wind chill at game time looks to be about 13 degrees.  This one is about going in and taking care of business.  Screw the style points.  Get the W and leave with your health in tact.  Stay focused on the Bears and don't get ahead of yourself.

I’m fine treating it like the Jax game. Bad weather. Run the ball, shorten the game. Win. Go home. 

Archived