EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

5th place, 174 games, 14 behind David Akers at 188

So where the studio on sky sports talking rubbish then last Sunday ? They said he was the longest tenure eagle of some description. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

So where the studio on sky sports talking rubbish then last Sunday ? They said he was the longest tenure eagle of some description. 

Longest tenured Eagles player on the roster.  

3 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

Probably active Eagle 

33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Second longest as far as seasons, once this season is over.  Not games.  That’s probably where the confusion came from.  

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-philadelphia-eagles-player-most-seasons-played

This makes more sense. I remember them showing seasons, not games.

2 hours ago, WentzFan11 said:

Yeah, there are improvements, but it took almost half a season to get there. Not a single person would have believed the Eagles would be 12-1 right now. It’s a slap in the face to someone like Siri who has had the team playing good quality football the entire year. If he lost a few games early on should that really increase his chances?

Reading is fundamental.  Try reading the original comment on Campbell copied and pasted below.  Your outrage is outrageous.  Count to 10 and take a ride in a Ferrari.

4 hours ago, mattwill said:

The argument for Dan Campbell is a good one.  Not as good as the argument for Sirianni, but damn good nonetheless.

So DirecTV has been in a dispute with my local Fox station for the past 8 weeks and is off the air. Despite having Sunday Ticket I had to buy a digital antenna so I could watch Sunday’s game. It’s absurd. 

47 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Reading is fundamental.  Try reading the original comment on Campbell copied and pasted below.  Your outrage is outrageous.  Count to 10 and take a ride in a Ferrari.

No, I’ll prefer to be outraged thank you very much. 

Mahomes has just now entered the conversation for being elite? Did I read that right?

He's going to be a first ballot hall of famer unless he suffers a career ending injury.

2 hours ago, EaglesIreland said:

2 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Longest tenured Eagles player on the roster.  

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Probably active Eagle 

I think after the Giroux trade he's the longest tenured active Philly player for any sport. Could be wrong, definitely not doing the leg work on it to confirm 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Second longest as far as seasons, once this season is over.  Not games.  That’s probably where the confusion came from.  

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl-philadelphia-eagles-player-most-seasons-played

That makes sense. For the visually oriented:

Screenshot_20221216-213131.thumb.png.b3d42df08f08931e3d53afd50838c9c1.png

Edit: lol at tracking Kelce's yards/game

1 minute ago, MillerTime said:

Apple is out. So it’s Amazon Prime or Youtube TV.

Wait there was bidding?  I was under the assumption is was Amazon.

27 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

I think after the Giroux trade he's the longest tenured active Philly player for any sport. Could be wrong, definitely not doing the leg work on it to confirm 

Pretty sure that sounds right. Can’t think of anyone on the Phillies/76ers/Flyers that would come close.

Would be the 4th Texans coach in 4 years (technically 5th you count Romeo as the interim) 

17 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

...I don't hate him as a commentator :ph34r:

Dude reps his Cowboys sure, but he adds a solid perspective as a D-lineman when he's on.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Pretty sure that sounds right. Can’t think of anyone on the Phillies/76ers/Flyers that would come close.

He was at 15 years but couturier is going to beat that with the contract he has. He’s been with the flyers for 11 years. Has 7 years left on that contract and i don’t see anyone trading for him right now. So it would have to be him retiring. Good chance he gets to 16+

Siri gets coach of the year if they go 15-2 or better but anything worse and if the 9ers go 13-4 I think it goes to Shanahan. And he’d probably deserve it with the job he’s done losing his two top QBs. 

DeMeco has done a hell of a job with that defense too. He’ll have a HC job next season and deservedly so. 

6 hours ago, mattwill said:

Okay.  For me a better nickname would be Jalen H. Christ 

Haha that’s funny as #€%£

on a side note, NFC point differential leaders:

Eagles +138
Cowboys + 131
Niners +128
Lions +2 

Lions are really 4th best in the whole conference

15 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Siri gets coach of the year if they go 15-2 or better but anything worse and if the 9ers go 13-4 I think it goes to Shanahan. And he’d probably deserve it with the job he’s done losing his two top QBs. 

DeMeco has done a hell of a job with that defense too. He’ll have a HC job next season and deservedly so. 

I think it’s sirianni unless the eagles just completely fall apart down the stretch. Not just for how great the eagles have been. Was listening to the interviews on WIP a couple weeks ago and it was brought up (was either jaws when ray didinger was on or Ross tucker) that the coaching staff’s ability to change their offensive identity week to week based off opponent and what they needed to do to be the best offense they could was like a Chameleon. It was one of the most accurate descriptions of how the offense has been this year. Every week the identity might be different but they’re going to do it at a high-level and you’re probably not gonna be able to stop them. For instance, against Green Bay they ran the crap out of the Packers. The following week they just completely went pass happy against the Titans. 

Adding onto this when the New England Patriots were really good that’s the type of stuff their coaching staff was doing. They could beat you in a multitude of ways, but they would find a way to change their identity week to week so teams with struggle with what they were going to do, they were gonna find your weakness to exploit until defenses figured it out and they were gonna have great success against you 

Someone was saying here a couple weeks back that we don't pass the ball down the field past 10 yards much at all.

Archived