EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Bo thinks Epps is more likely to stay because he's homegrown and Bo thinks CGJ has attitude problems that if you keep him long term you're pressing your luck. Zach thinks it's more likely CGJ stays because they've been searching years for an answer at that position and finally found it.

Both think the Eagles will do a lot to keep Bradberry because they highly value CB and he likes it here, but will likely set a number they won't go beyond.

I think Graham is a little less likely to return than they do.

I tend to agree with bradberry. Solak and kapadia made a similar point. He allows you to maximize slay’s ability as they have To throw against one of them. so can’t just avoid slay and attack the other corner spot. If you have a no. 2 corner that’s average or not very good teams will tend to avoid slay and throwing that way 

i think there’s a chance that if Epps is too expensive and priced himself out that they just have Blankenship play his role next year. I think the eagles want CGJ as they can do a lot of things with him and his skill set. Like play his safety spot and play the slot when they go 3 safetys 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ManuManu said:

The line for me is apparently using win probability as the definition for whether a game is close. 

Fair enough.

9 hours ago, Estasi said:

IMO the Niners/Eagles are it. Niners are really good. I think the Eagles can probably beat them at home but that team is no joke. 

can they score enough points, to beat the birds, I say no, and that rookie has tape against him now, he'll get figured out

36 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

I don’t think there’s an argument. 

It’s Coach of the Year not Coach of the Half Season. The Lions still started 1-6. 

The improvements are clear for everyone to see.  What is a coach for if not to get his players/team to improve?

There is this weird snuggle the 49ers vibe going on nationally. No one is taking a critical eye to them at all.

The Dolphins were down both starting OTs vs SF and everyone made it out like they shut down Tua and the Dolphins at full strength. They scored 13 whole points vs New Orleans. The Seahawks are 1-4-1 in their last 5 and that win was vs the mangled Rams. If the Seahawks continue their collapse then its likely the 49ers faced 2 playoff teams all year. They got demolished by KC and the beat up the one-team-must-win-the-division Bucs. The meh Falcons beat them by 14.

Are they good, sure. Are they as good as the Eagles, Chiefs, or Bills?  No way.

21 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I tend to agree with bradberry. Solak and kapadia made a similar point. He allows you to maximize slay’s ability as they have To throw against one of them. so can’t just avoid slay and attack the other corner spot. If you have a no. 2 corner that’s average or not very good teams will tend to avoid slay and throwing that way 

i think there’s a chance that if Epps is too expensive and priced himself out that they just have Blankenship play his role next year. I think the eagles want CGJ as they can do a lot of things with him and his skill set. Like play his safety spot and play the slot when they go 3 safetys 

Time for incentive laden contracts.

4 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

BG will be here next year. Book it 

His contract makes it pretty clear that he isn't going anywhere.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

Let's not get carried away, calling Hurts "great" is a tad bit premature. Foles had a run just as good.

The mark of a great QB is to do it over a 3-4 year period, and to be able to adjust when injuries take away skill players or weaken your offensive line.

I'd put Hurts in the top 10, maybe the top 5, but I want to see him through the playoffs first.

But I'm not calling him elite until 2026, after he has 3 top seasons and a half dozen or so playoff wins.

This season by Hurts is without question better than Foles 2013 season.  

You won't call Hurts elite until he has 3 top seasons and half a dozen or so playoff wins.  Do you not consider Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert elite then?  

10 minutes ago, mattwill said:

The improvements are clear for everyone to see.  What is a coach for if not to get his players/team to improve?

Coach of the year is a weird award. Its almost always not for the best coach on the best team but for a narrative.

Jimmy Johnson won it at 7-9 but not for 3 SBs.

Its an award for the Jim Fassel, Dick Jauron, Jim Haslett, Ray Rhodes, and Marvin Lewis types. Its not are you a good coach. Its did your team surprise some people to rise above mediocrity for some reason. Its a 10 or 11 win team award.

There is not a single excellent coach in that list of 5 winners.

That sounds like idiots voting for Campbell.

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There is no chance that the Eagles are going to trade Hurts.  He is the franchise QB going forward.  QBs get paid a lot because they are the most important position in the game.  The Eagles have a great one who is also very young.  They have what every team in the league wants when they don't have one.  He's only going to continue to get better.  

The Eagles don't have to give up a haul of draft resources to keep Hurts.  Counter to that as well is Seattle also wouldn't have traded Wilson if he wasn't demanding to be traded.  

This blog is the home of a lot of delusion of people who can't accept that Hurts is the QB and he is going to be the QB here for quite awhile.  People discussing these out of the realm of reality scenarios where they move on from Hurts are just in full blown denial.  

No denial here.  Simply an acceptance that multiple possibilities exist, as well as an understanding that Football is a team sport, not an individual sport like Tennis or Golf.

You are CERTAIN that a particular future will happen.  Las Vegas makes a fortune taking money from people like you.

1 hour ago, mattwill said:

That is the definition for the "clothes” pronunciation of close … very different word.  A verb rather than an adjective.

image.gif.d39d16c13f8bd51b1885d03ca91ffc54.gif

The odds of Hurts not being an Eagles QB in 2024 are abut the same as Josh Allen not being the Bills QB in 2024. You can throw around whatever useless blather you want about it. He is the clear franchise QB as of today.

Can he be a carbon copy of the unicorn of selfishness, distrust, and dissatisfaction + injuries like Wentz? Yes

Can one of those injuries happen from a charging elephant or a meteor? Just as likely as him being Wentz 2.0

21 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Yeah, there are improvements, but it took almost half a season to get there. Not a single person would have believed the Eagles would be 12-1 right now. It’s a slap in the face to someone like Siri who has had the team playing good quality football the entire year. If he lost a few games early on should that really increase his chances?

20 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

His contract makes it pretty clear that he isn't going anywhere.

How? He’s a soon to be FA.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

How? He’s a FA.

Ahh, I was going off the OTC numbers, but yup, it's a two year deal structured to look like a three year deal. So he will be a free agent.

12 minutes ago, mattwill said:

No denial here.  Simply an acceptance that multiple possibilities exist, as well as an understanding that Football is a team sport, not an individual sport like Tennis or Golf.

You are CERTAIN that a particular future will happen.  Las Vegas makes a fortune taking money from people like you.

Yeah Vegas likes to give enticing odds to get suckers to take bets that aren't likely.  You're completely off your rocker if you think there is an actual possibility of the Eagles that the Eagles are going to trade Hurts instead of signing him to a new deal.  

Graham will be back.  He can obviously still play and he said prior to this year that he wants to play 15 seasons for the Eagles before he retires if they will have him.  

27 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Yeah, there are improvements, but it took almost half a season to get there. Not a single person would have believed the Eagles would be 12-1 right now. 

I thought there was a chance the Eagles could be very good this year. I remember thinking that if the favorites win every game, they might go undefeated. Yknow, if they win week 1, a 1-0 team would then be favored the next week. Then a 2-0 team would then be favored the next week. And so on, although I wasn’t certain that a 4-0 team would be favored in Arizona. But once they would get to five or six wins, they’d probably be favorites the rest of the way. Maybe not in Dallas depending on how the Cowboys are at the time.

I guess I’m not as surprised as most people. 

47 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

This season by Hurts is without question better than Foles 2013 season.  

You won't call Hurts elite until he has 3 top seasons and half a dozen or so playoff wins.  Do you not consider Josh Allen, Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert elite then?  

Not yet. Allen is close, the other two don't have the track record.

Elite, by definition, should be a tough test. Otherwise it's merely "very good." Lot's of QBs are very good for a couple seasons, elite QBs are among the best for an extended period.

Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes has entered the conversation.

Stafford, no way. Dak, a notch below. And so on.

Archived