EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

2 hours ago, Alphagrand said:
close.

to put (something) in a position to obstruct an entrance, opening, etc.; shut.
to stop or obstruct (a gap, entrance, aperture, etc.):to close a hole in a wall with plaster.

That is the definition for the "clothes” pronunciation of close … very different word.  A verb rather than an adjective.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I think he’s saying "The System”

Okay.  For me a better nickname would be Jalen H. Christ 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Leads to 3 options, as I see it.

Pay Hurts... commit $40M-$50M.

Pay a different vet... Commit $20M? 

Role with another rookie contract... and commit whatever the rookie cap number says, which would vary by round selected.  

Agreed. Both the second and third options also include something like two first-round picks, a high one this year and a 2024 first-rounder; two second-round picks, early in the round this year and a 2024 second-rounder, and this year's fifth-round pick.

4 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

6 pressures, each. That's 12 times numbnuts. I don't care who it's against that's pathetic. Who's trying to sell a narrative here by switching my argument back to sacks?

And that was an example because it was their most recent game. I also put up the full year PFF grade too but you seem to want to just brush past that part. 

And yes bad games hurt your overall rating. That's how statistics work. And no it doesn't somehow not matter if you're going against good pass rushers. Good lines find a way to minimize the damage those guys do (see the Eagles and Parsons). Bad lines can't. 

They're a below average OL and an objectively bad pass blocking OL. Period. 

Nice name calling. It really proves your argument. 1.7 sacks per game over a 10 game sample means they are a good line.

Cry all you want about the Browns game. Mahomes is 3rd in lowest sack %. Burrow is 17th. Hurts is 24th.

Burrow has been sacked one more time than Hurts and Burrow has 85 more pass attempts.

1 hour ago, BigEFly said:

Horned toads not frogs.  (Which are neither a frog or toad).  Knew several kids in the South growing up whose dads’ nickname for them in grade school was "Tadpole”.  Bubba was the most common.  Can’t recall any Skip, Chip or Bud. 

Traditions

TCU is a place of spirited belonging where Horned Frogs have long found connection through our culture and traditions.

7 minutes ago, mattwill said:

Traditions

TCU is a place of spirited belonging where Horned Frogs have long found connection through our culture and traditions.

The "horned frog" nickname and mascot refer to the Texas horned lizard, also known as the "horned frog"

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

It’s in the bag

Only the starters or the backups on the OL get the gift?  Does Stoutland also get something?

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

There is no chance that the Eagles are going to trade Hurts.  He is the franchise QB going forward.  QBs get paid a lot because they are the most important position in the game.  The Eagles have a great one who is also very young.  They have what every team in the league wants when they don't have one.  He's only going to continue to get better.  

The Eagles don't have to give up a haul of draft resources to keep Hurts.  Counter to that as well is Seattle also wouldn't have traded Wilson if he wasn't demanding to be traded.  

This blog is the home of a lot of delusion of people who can't accept that Hurts is the QB and he is going to be the QB here for quite awhile.  People discussing these out of the realm of reality scenarios where they move on from Hurts are just in full blown denial.  

Let's not get carried away, calling Hurts "great" is a tad bit premature. Foles had a run just as good.

The mark of a great QB is to do it over a 3-4 year period, and to be able to adjust when injuries take away skill players or weaken your offensive line.

I'd put Hurts in the top 10, maybe the top 5, but I want to see him through the playoffs first.

But I'm not calling him elite until 2026, after he has 3 top seasons and a half dozen or so playoff wins.

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Horned toads not frogs.  (Which are neither a frog or toad).  Knew several kids in the South growing up whose dads’ nickname for them in grade school was "Tadpole”.  Bubba was the most common.  Can’t recall any Skip, Chip or Bud. 

Skip, Chip, and Bud were some of the nicknames I grew up hearing in the Philadelphia area and Upstate New York.  

BwF played a game on Eagles upcoming free agents. Ranked them 1-5 on most likely to stay. 1 being gone. 2 probably gone. 3 totally up in the air. 4 probably back. 5 definitely back.

Bo and Zach pretty much agreed on most of them.

They thought the most likely to return were Hargrave, Epps, Kelce, Graham.

Most they had in the middle-ish as coinflips. The only definite gones they had were the obvious: Minshew, Quinn, Suh, Joseph, etc.

If anyone feels like going through all them and doing their own rating for each.

27 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

BwF played a game on Eagles upcoming free agents. Ranked them 1-5 on most likely to stay. 1 being gone. 2 probably gone. 3 totally up in the air. 4 probably back. 5 definitely back.

Bo and Zach pretty much agreed on most of them.

They thought the most likely to return were Hargrave, Epps, Kelce, Graham.

Most they had in the middle-ish as coinflips. The only definite gones they had were the obvious: Minshew, Quinn, Suh, Joseph, etc.

If anyone feels like going through all them and doing their own rating for each.

Be pretty shocked if CGJ is gone 

58 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

That is a valid concern. Exhibit A: Lamar Jackson. He has never matched his MVP year and has missed a number of games with injuries. Jackson isn't playing awful but is he worth what he's asking? You wanna get paid top $$? Cool, but you get 1 year guarantees - maybe. Isn't that kind of what Mahomes did? I think Mahomes contract is 10 years but in reality is a series of one year deals, don't know about guarantees. I could be off on that but is what I remember.

Spot on … and even more to the point is Kyler Murray, who is already being paid more and producing/performing less.

55 minutes ago, mattwill said:

The argument for Dan Campbell is a good one.  Not as good as the argument for Sirianni, but damn good nonetheless.

I don’t think there’s an argument. 

It’s Coach of the Year not Coach of the Half Season. The Lions still started 1-6. 

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

That is a valid concern. Exhibit A: Lamar Jackson. He has never matched his MVP year and has missed a number of games with injuries. Jackson isn't playing awful but is he worth what he's asking? You wanna get paid top $$? Cool, but you get 1 year guarantees - maybe. Isn't that kind of what Mahomes did? I think Mahomes contract is 10 years but in reality is a series of one year deals, don't know about guarantees. I could be off on that but is what I remember.

Kyler got paid, then sucked, and then blew his ACL running with no contact.

5 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

I don’t think there’s an argument. 

It’s Coach of the Year not Coach of the Half Season. The Lions still started 1-6. 

I think it’s pretty impressive to turn around a 1-6 start and get into the playoffs.

Especially so for a franchise like the Lions

1 minute ago, TorontoEagle said:

I think it’s pretty impressive to turn around a 1-6 start and get into the playoffs.

Especially so for a franchise like the Lions

When there’s a comeback coach of the year award he is definitely deserving. 

16 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Been pretty shocked if CGJ is gone 

Bo thinks Epps is more likely to stay because he's homegrown and Bo thinks CGJ has attitude problems that if you keep him long term you're pressing your luck. Zach thinks it's more likely CGJ stays because they've been searching years for an answer at that position and finally found it.

Both think the Eagles will do a lot to keep Bradberry because they highly value CB and he likes it here, but will likely set a number they won't go beyond.

I think Graham is a little less likely to return than they do.

Just now, austinfan said:

Let's not get carried away, calling Hurts "great" is a tad bit premature. Foles had a run just as good.

The mark of a great QB is to do it over a 3-4 year period, and to be able to adjust when injuries take away skill players or weaken your offensive line.

I'd put Hurts in the top 10, maybe the top 5, but I want to see him through the playoffs first.

But I'm not calling him elite until 2026, after he has 3 top seasons and a half dozen or so playoff wins.

I'm the biggest Foles fan not named Foles. He never have a run quite like this. His run was 10 starts, 11 games, plus a playoff game with an injury after a few games. He was 6-2 the next year and gritty and an incredible leader and taking huge hits and popping back up but he was never this good over 13+ games in his career.

Foles had a 46 rating game vs Dallas (he was concussed probably early on) then he missed the next game. (He already had the 2 awesome games before that) Then he came back for 7 TDs in Oakland to start that incredible 8 + 1 for 9 game run after the injury. So dominant in 11 of 12 games(13 team games) for 8-2, plus a long relief win, plus a close playoff loss because Riley Cooper had hands of stone.

Foles is a legend for his 11-2 record in must win games but they are spread out over 6 years. Foles also never started more than 11 games in a season.

I loved every minute of his Eagles career but Hurts is surpassing his 2013.

Next up is McNabb 2004 - 13-1(2) record  (the last loss was preseason vs Cincy) 3875 yards passing 31 TDs 8 picks 104.7 rating with 220 yards rushing and 3 more TDs.

13-1   4095 yards and 34 TDs in what was really 14 games plus a scrimmage drive. Lets compare 14 to 14 after Sunday.

Either way McNabb 2004 and Hurts 2022 are awesome  (with Foles 2013 a close 3rd just because of less games played, 11+ the playoff game)

McNabb was good enough to be an MVP that year, but Manning had a monster 48 TD year. Culpeper also had a big stats year on an 8-8 team and Vick had 900 yards rushing so some people went crazy about that. (it was a long time ago) Oddly Foles had not shot at the MVP in 2013 even if he played more games since that was Manning's other huge year with 55 TD passes.

4 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

Bo thinks Epps is more likely to stay because he's homegrown and Bo thinks CGJ has attitude problems that if you keep him long term you're pressing your luck. Zach thinks it's more likely CGJ stays because they've been searching years for an answer at that position and finally found it.

Both think the Eagles will do a lot to keep Bradberry because they highly value CB and he likes it here, but will likely set a number they won't go beyond.

I think Graham is a little less likely to return than they do.

I think it's more likely that CGJ stays and Bradberry goes. Bradberry is most likely going to be too expensive to sign. I think by default we should keep Graham around because we need the depth and he's proved be can still play at a high level.

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

Mahomes is an alien and his contract shouldn't be made a comparison. Lamar is negotiating himself since he doesn't have an agent and it's not working out. I can't remember the numbers they gave Lamar

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I'm the biggest Foles fan not named Foles. He never have a run quite like this. His run was 10 starts, 11 games, plus a playoff game with an injury after a few games. He was 6-2 the next year and gritty and an incredible leader and taking huge hits and popping back up but he was never this good over 13+ games in his career.

Foles had a 46 rating game vs Dallas (he was concussed probably early on) then he missed the next game. (He already had the 2 awesome games before that) Then he came back for 7 TDs in Oakland to start that incredible 8 + 1 for 9 game run after the injury. So dominant in 11 of 12 games(13 team games) for 8-2, plus a long relief win, plus a close playoff loss because Riley Cooper had hands of stone.

Foles is a legend for his 11-2 record in must win games but they are spread out over 6 years. Foles also never started more than 11 games in a season.

I loved every minute of his Eagles career but Hurts is surpassing his 2013.

Next up is McNabb 2004 - 13-1(2) record  (the last loss was preseason vs Cincy) 3875 yards passing 31 TDs 8 picks 104.7 rating with 220 yards rushing and 3 more TDs.

13-1   4095 yards and 34 TDs in what was really 14 games plus a scrimmage drive. Lets compare 14 to 14 after Sunday.

Either way McNabb 2004 and Hurts 2022 are awesome  (with Foles 2013 a close 3rd just because of less games played, 11+ the playoff game)

McNabb was good enough to be an MVP that year, but Manning had a monster 48 TD year. Culpeper also had a big stats year on an 8-8 team and Vick had 900 yards rushing so some people went crazy about that. (it was a long time ago) Oddly Foles had not shot at the MVP in 2013 even if he played more games since that was Manning's other huge year with 55 TD passes.

Foles will always have 27-2 and 7TDs

Archived