EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

11 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

Maddox season ender or late playoff run hope?

Donezo but that's just my opinion on it based on what I think it is and the position he plays. 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mattwill said:

The counterpoint to your point is that Minshew and the second string Offense have been working together as a unit throughout the season … not in games on Sunday, but every other day of the week in practices.  They ought to be both crisp and cohesive.

Maybe, but I see a lack of crispness coming from the lack of ability more so than not having time to work together. 

4 minutes ago, bitbased said:

If you have a smart phone your privacy is already gone anyway.

Fair point. These devices can collect some data your phone can’t though.

You’d be adding to it. If you don’t care - fine. But it’s hardly tinfoil territory to assume big data is a thing.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Donezo but that's just my opinion on it based on what I think it is and the position he plays. 

Really need a better option than Scott. He's a weak link and will continue to get picked on.

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Maybe, but I see a lack of crispness coming from the lack of ability more so than not having time to work together. 

Good point.

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

OT: anyone have a google nest and are these things at all useful??

I do, and Im not one of these people who have everything in their house on wifi.

Its nice for checking in while away from home and its way more convenient than a classic thermostat.

The diagnostics actually arent bad either. If you have an old school t-stat its like going from an old cell phone to a smart phone.  You might appreciate or you could find it to be an unnecessary pain in the arse 

46 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

It's a layered question depending on what you mean by "most influence". Is it what it meant to fans? New fans brought on because of the team winning? Popularity? I think the most important team this city has had in the past 40 years was the 2008 Phillies just because they won the first title for the city in 25 years at that point ending the drought. But it's more of a football town so you can probably put the 2017 Eagles team above them based off of how they won with Foles and how improbable that was looking back. I'm a hockey fan so the 2010 Flyers were up there for me, but you can't put them into the conversation because they didn't win the Stanley Cup that year. I loved that team though. 

All good choices, but none of them even come close to the team I have in mind.

When you think of Philadelphia fans, do you think of them as "layered”?  Regarding your "Is it what it meant to fans?” My answer is "Absolutely!”

BTW, i would add "Fo, Fo, and Fo” to your list of possibilities.  But it too falls short of the team I have in mind.

15 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

I can't kick this sense of impending doom. Maybe it's the holiday depression starting early, my peronally my confidence in this team is at a season low.

Someone help me feel better.

The above comment clearly shows the impact of the team I have in mind.

15 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

It took a complete implosion for us to lose on the road at Dallas (the third best team in the conference) with our backup QB playing well but not great and basically every 50-50 play going Dallas’ way. 

We’re fine. 

See I dont agree with this line of thinking.  I get it, its reassuring and all.

But in no way can "implosion" and "we're fine" be used in the same sentiment.  

It was an implosion.  There were several unforgivable mistakes that absolutely cant happen.  

Just like the Commanders game, it didnt crush my dreams but it certainly lowered my expectations 

57 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

It's a layered question depending on what you mean by "most influence". Is it what it meant to fans? New fans brought on because of the team winning? Popularity? I think the most important team this city has had in the past 40 years was the 2008 Phillies just because they won the first title for the city in 25 years at that point ending the drought. But it's more of a football town so you can probably put the 2017 Eagles team above them based off of how they won with Foles and how improbable that was looking back. I'm a hockey fan so the 2010 Flyers were up there for me, but you can't put them into the conversation because they didn't win the Stanley Cup that year. I loved that team though. 

I go back 50 plus years. 

It is the Eagles by far, IMHO, for influence. 

Personally, the Flyers come next because I was 11-13 when they won in the '70s.  Unbelievable feeling.  First Championships for me.  Phils next.  Sixers are a distant 4th for me.

I suspect most in the city would have Eagles, Phils (more recent 'ships and shots at it than the Sixers and Flyers), Sixers, Flyers as the order? 

I could see Sixers in the 2 slot because basketball (like football) is more multi racial than baseball and hockey and Philly is a racial melting pot.

42 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

I can't kick this sense of impending doom. Maybe it's the holiday depression starting early, my peronally my confidence in this team is at a season low.

Someone help me feel better.

As long as they don't turn it over 4 times they usually win.

25 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

See I dont agree with this line of thinking.  I get it, its reassuring and all.

But in no way can "implosion" and "we're fine" be used in the same sentiment.  

It was an implosion.  There were several unforgivable mistakes that absolutely cant happen.  

Just like the Commanders game, it didnt crush my dreams but it certainly lowered my expectations 

I'm in the same boat - say what you want about the closeness of the game, turnovers, not having Hurts, etc.  Bottom line is, this was by far the biggest game of the year on the calendar, and both sides of the ball came up small.  Aside from the pick 6, Dak SHREDDED our defense.  The offense didn't take care of the ball.

Doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence in a big time playoff matchup.  

4 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I'm in the same boat - say what you want about the closeness of the game, turnovers, not having Hurts, etc.  Bottom line is, this was by far the biggest game of the year on the calendar, and both sides of the ball came up small.  Aside from the pick 6, Dak SHREDDED our defense.  The offense didn't take care of the ball.

Doesn't leave me with a lot of confidence in a big time playoff matchup.  

If the defense plays average or slightly above average, even with the 4 turnovers we probably win that game by double digits.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If the defense plays average or slightly above average, even with the 4 turnovers we probably win that game by double digits.

The shoulda been Maddox sack and 3rd and 30 play were crucial inflection points that likely change the outcome of that game.

I'm not ready to engage the lifeboats yet.

Beat the Saints. And then they are two home playoff wins away from the Super Bowl.

8 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

The shoulda been Maddox sack and 3rd and 30 play were crucial inflection points that likely change the outcome of that game.

I'm not ready to engage the lifeboats yet.

Beat the Saints. And then they are two home playoff wins away from the Super Bowl.

Yep. people are drastically over reacting to this game.

On the road, back up QB, 4 turnovers, defense was atrocious, and still had a shot to win it at the end.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

But they didnt, and thats the point

They somehow let CeeDee Lamb dominate them when they knew that was their only legit weapon.

They sat back and let Dak pick apart the zone.

And they knew going in that we had a backup QB, and they gave up 40 f'ing points.  40.  

15 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I agree,  but they didn't.  Last two games that we played competent QBs, we gave up 40 and 33 points.  Not great.  

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

But they didnt, and thats the point

They somehow let CeeDee Lamb dominate them when they knew that was their only legit weapon.

They sat back and let Dak pick apart the zone.

And they knew going in that we had a backup QB, and they gave up 40 f'ing points.  40.  

Dallas doesn’t score 40 without the extra possessions and short fields from the turnovers. 

3 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

I agree,  but they didn't.  Last two games that we played competent QBs, we gave up 40 and 33 points.  Not great.  

I disagree with this. Daniel Jones is competent. Ryan Tannehill is competent. Some people think that Justin Fields is a future star, so I'd assume he's at least competent. 

1 minute ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I disagree with this. Daniel Jones is competent. Ryan Tannehill is competent. Some people think that Justin Fields is a future star, so I'd assume he's at least competent. 

OK fine - but those guys had no one to throw the ball to.  Dallas punked our defense up and down the field.  Didn't see their punter the entire game.  

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Dallas doesn’t score 40 without the extra possessions and short fields from the turnovers. 

We gave them those turnovers, though.  Those are all repeatable mistakes that could very well happen next time we play them.

What this boils down to is my unwillingness to accept that game as some sort of moral victory.

A championship-ready team buries the Cowboys there, clinches the division and #1 seed and 4 weeks of rest, and doesnt piss all over their own legs 

We did the leg pissing thing.  Im not writing that off entirely.  Especially when we all know oir schedule has been relatively soft this year.

This was a big game on a big stage and it meant a lot.  The Cowboys made the winning plays and the Eagles acted scared of the moment.  You can write that off if you want, Im not.

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

If Philly hadn't stupidly cough up those turnovers, we wouldn't have had to worry, but they did.

Archived