EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, ToastJenkins said:

Yup. No panic over losing with the backup qb and four turnovers and still producing on offense

handle business vs the saints and then rest

The Dallas loss depends on which prism you want to view it through.  

Backup qb, didn’t really need to win the game, and they still needed multiple improbably flukey plays to win the game.  This is the one I’m going with.

But you can also say they gave up 40 points, never stop Dak…and that may be a loss no matter who plays qb when you need to score into the 40’s to win the game.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Full on tank mode.  At least in preseason you've got 80 players to juggle for garbage time.  It's actually tricky when you try to preserve everyone with a 53 man roster.

Very tricky. Especially if you are carrying players like Maddox and Lane as non-IR'd inactives 

If we beat the Saints, we shoot root for a Giants loss due to the Colts (draft pick). If we lose to the Saints, the Giants will rest players if we beat the Colts.

Given how the Colts look, I'm not that concerned about the #1 seed.

We still should have swept the damn Cowboys even with Minshew, but Ill definitely feel a lot better about the team if they come out and play a clean game and just handle their business vs the Saints.

Id like to see a non-competitive game in the 4th quarter, I think that would really get the mojo back

49 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Whats the starting lineup against the Giants if we beat the Saints.  Here's what I'd go with...

QB.  Minshew.

RB. Sermon.  Light touches to Gainwell/Scott, but they'll be needed in playoffs.

LT.  Dillard.

LG. Opeta

C. Jurgens.  Will be great for him to get the work in.

RG Sills.

RT.  Driscoll.  This one worries me.  Lane probably won't make it through full games in the playoffs and Driscoll is made of glass.  I think you have to give him some snaps to prepare him and then use a PS elevation to play most of the game.

WR. Quez.  I'm a Quez fan, but I want him to get some work in to remove the bitter taste of that Dallas game.

WR Pascal

WR Covey

TE Stoll/Calcatrara.  

DE.  Robinson.

DE.  Johnson?

DT.  Jordan Davis.  Make him play and get in shape.  He is the #6 DT...

DT.  Williams/Suh/Joseph light rotation.

LB.  Dean.  Preview for next year.

LB. Johnson.  

CB. Zech.

CB. Scott. 

CB. Jobe.

S. Wallace. 

S. Harris or Blankenship, if healthy.

Full on tank mode.  At least in preseason you've got 80 players to juggle for garbage time.  It's actually tricky when you try to preserve everyone with a 53 man roster.

They may win that game

44 minutes ago, lornemalvo4133 said:

Very tricky. Especially if you are carrying players like Maddox and Lane as non-IR'd inactives 

I don't think it'll be worth it to carry Maddox. I think he's done. 

Lane will be good to go. 

Moving forward, the Eagles can’t allow themselves to be in a position where Lane Johnson is irreplaceable again.  They need a starting quality RT ready to go next year.

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I guess Bacarty, F-ed around and found out.  

?

Perma?

13 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Moving forward, the Eagles can’t allow themselves to be in a position where Lane Johnson is irreplaceable again.  They need a starting quality RT ready to go next year.

Given his recent comments about retiring soon and his injury, I'd imagine OT will be taken early in the draft.

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I guess Bacarty, F-ed around and found out.  

Some would say it was the fact he was too hasty with his takes…

9 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Some would say it was the fact he was too hasty with his takes…

It’s pretty easy to behave in a way to not get banned on a message board, but I guess he wasn’t up to the Trask. 

Co-Winners from Saturday go to @Casey @ Bat and @GoEagles5921 who both predicted a loss to the Cowboys, 31-24. 

Bonus Winners:

@Alphagrand Minshew throws for 250+

@Diehardfan F Dallas

@DrPhilly Minshew 2+ TD's

@Godfather Devonta Smith hits 1k yards on the season

@Greenakers2 Elliott and Pollard rush for less than 120 combined

@Westbrook#36 Minshew sneaks for a TD

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Co-Winners from Saturday go to @Casey @ Bat and @GoEagles5921 who both predicted a loss to the Cowboys, 31-24. 

Bonus Winners:

@Alphagrand Minshew throws for 250+

@Diehardfan F Dallas

@DrPhilly Minshew 2+ TD's

@Godfather Devonta Smith hits 1k yards on the season

@Greenakers2 Elliott and Pollard rush for less than 120 combined

@Westbrook#36 Minshew sneaks for a TD

Um, my double bonus prediction ??

5 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I got perma banned from Twitter Saturday 

For what?

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That all the ladies in Dallas would be moist seeing Minshew in person.

I'm still checking to verify 

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

Maybe Howie coughs up a bit more money to keep Dillard so they don't have to force a pick at OT. Depends how they feel about Mailata at RT. 

Really hard to predict what Dillard's market will be. Top 25 pick with 9 career starts.

Let's talk OL permutations for a minute.

We all love Lane Johnson.  He's an Eagle great...probably/maybe headed to HOF.  With respect to Kelce and Peters, I actually think Lane should be the most fondly remembered OL in franchise history.  

Even though he plays at a hyper-elite level when on the field, his availability has become a MAJOR problem.  There are 3 timepoints here...the next 2 regular season games, the playoffs, and next year.  I think the Eagles need to position themselves to rely on Lane as little as possible for all 3.

For 2 regular season games, I'm fine with Driscoll.  For the playoffs, I'm not OK with that.  I really believe that either Driscoll starting or the (should be anticipated) Lane Johnson leaving the game in the 1st or 2nd quarter with Driscoll replacing him WILL drive a loss to Dallas or SF with the edge rushers they have.  If the team docs and trainers really believe Lane will be good to go, then keep it simple and roll with Driscoll for 2 games and Lane in the playoffs.  

If there is concern that Lane can't manage that, then I think you have to dust off and work out the kinks of a Dillard/Mailata LT/RT through the next 2 regular season games.  You need to keep Hurts protected and in the pocket...and that combo might be able to do that.  Mailata/Driscoll LT/RT is going to have Hurts flushed out of the pocket all day long.

For next year, I think you need to draft Shaun Andrews 2.0 (or the closest thing to it).  An elite OT prospect who is strong enough to play RG until Lane gets hurt.  That's going to cost a first round pick, but it needs to be done.

7 minutes ago, lornemalvo4133 said:

Maybe Howie coughs up a bit more money to keep Dillard so they don't have to force a pick at OT. Depends how they feel about Mailata at RT. 

Really hard to predict what Dillard's market will be. Top 25 pick with 9 career starts.

Vaitai got a meaningful contract to be a starting OT at age 27, which is the same age Dillard will be.  Vaitai also had 20 regular season starts under his belt and was the starting LT for a SB run.  Dillard remains a more talented first round pick...but has durability and mental toughness concerns.  I suspect Dillard will find a comparable market when you put it all together.  

I also suspect that Stoutland is not a BS artist.  These guys talk to each other.  He'll get asked if Dillard can be a starting LT in the league.  He'll probably give an honest answer, which will make all the difference.

Archived