EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

if the chargers get bosa and slater back for the postseason that makes them even more dangerous. Slater when healthy is a top 5 LT and bosa gives them a pretty lethal pass rush with Mack 

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I really want a mahomes/Allen/burrow vs. Herbert wild card matchup. 

Murderer’s row of quarterbacks in the playoffs in the AFC and that’s not even including Lamar and possibly Lawrence if Jacksonville gets in with the way he’s been playing the past six weeks. That side of the conference should be chaos come playoff time. 

The Chargers need to invest in a vertical threat. Herbert has a cannon and it's being massively underutilized. Williams is awesome with his size and jump ball ability. Allen is still a good player. But they need someone who can run like hell and make plays downfield.

20 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Murderer’s row of quarterbacks in the playoffs in the AFC and that’s not even including Lamar and possibly Lawrence if Jacksonville gets in with the way he’s been playing the past six weeks. That side of the conference should be chaos come playoff time. 

Yup. It’s gotten even better in terms of good young QBs since the start of season. even with Russell Wilson completely failing apart (older), the young QBs are rising and are pretty nice in the afc imo. Lawrence is really blossoming into his own with Doug. He’s really setting himself up for another jump next year. Lamar comes back from injury then you have 6 QBS all of whom are young and pretty good or in some cases great. I’m not as high on Tua but when he’s not concussed he’s been better than I would’ve thought.  

can make the case in the NFC the QB situation looks even worse from what we thought at the beginning of the year. We thought brady, rodgers and Stafford would be atop. With Dak, cousin and potentially hurts in the next tier. Stafford is hurt. Rodgers hasn’t looked like his vintage self for most of the year. And Brady and the Bucs just don’t look the part this year. Hurts when healthy is the best QB in the nfc. And the second best might be Dak even with all the Ints he’s had or could be cousins. Like purdy might be playing like the 4th best QB in the nfc at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

Tom Brady still can't get over losing that SB to the Eagles. Honestly, as much as I want to knock Dallas out of the playoffs, being the final team that Tom Brady ever loses to if he retires after this season would be just as sweet.

This what I want. Dallas to go one and done while continuing their winless streak against Brady. And the eagles putting him out to pasture. 
I know the cowboys have a good team but until they actually do something I’m not a believer. I thought they would at least get yo the NFCCG in ‘18 and I thought for sure they were going to the SB in ‘16 🤷‍♂️ 

18 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

This what I want. Dallas to go one and done while continuing their winless streak against Brady. And the eagles putting him out yo pasture. 
I know the cowboys have a good team but until they actually do something I’m not a believer. I thought they would at least get yo the NFCCG in ‘18 and I thought for sure they were going to the SB in ‘16 🤷‍♂️ 

Dallas on offense even with the turnovers are putting up points. Their offense is legit. since Dak has returned they’ve scored 24, 49, 28, 40, 28, 54, 27, 34 and 40. So averaging 36 ppg. I’m guessing to beat them in the playoffs you are gonna need to score in the 30s which is possible. The issue for them is their defense has regressed because of injuries and frankly I don’t think they were as good as they looked early in the year. In their last 3 games against dvoa top 10 offenses they’ve given up 28, 34 and 27 (frankly if the eagles don’t turn it over on just self inflected fumbles it’s likely more). Still tend to believe Dallas and the eagles will face off in the divisional round again. I think the worrisome thing for the winner is theres a highly likely chance the follow next week you get a brutal physical matchup against SF. Frankly you kind of would like to see giants get the 6 seed and upset 3 seed in Minnesota so that Dallas has to go to SF and that game is a slugfest and you get the giants who i think the eagles can really take it too  

I tend to think the Packers are going to make the playoffs. I think they’re gonna beat Minnesota at home this week which drops the Vikings to the 3 seed. and then they’re going to beat the Lions at home in week 18. If San Francisco wins out,  the Giants win one more game that means Green Bay is going to have to go to San Francisco as the 7. San Francisco has been a kryptonite for the Packers and rodgers. I still think they beat GB. So might get Minnesota to face the Giants as the 3 vs. 6. Giants nearly pulled it off this past week. I could easily see the Vikings losing that game so it forces a potential Dallas vs. sf divisional round game and an eagles vs. giants divisional round game.

I hate the giants but them winning this week and clinching a playoff spot could benefit us in week 18 as they rest guys and potentially long term 

that said we need to handle our Fing business this week and win this game against the saints. 

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Dallas on offense even with the turnovers are putting up points. Their offense is legit. sinc Dak has rented they’ve scored 24, 49, 28, 40, 28, 54, 27, 34 and 40. So averaging 36 ppg. I’m guessing to beat them on the playoffs you are gonna need to score in the 30s which is possible. The issue for them is their defense has regressed because of injuries and frankly I don’t think they were as good as they looked early in the year. In their last 3 games against dvoa top 10 offenses they’ve given up 28, 34 and 27 (frankly if the eagles don’t turn it over on just self inflected fumbles it’s likely more). Still tend to believe Dallas and the eagles will face off in the divisional round again. I think the worrisome thing for the winner is theres a highly likely chance the follow next week you get a brutal physical matchup against SF. Frankly you kind of would like to see giants get the 6 seed and upset 3 seed in Minnesota so that Dallas has to go to SF and that game is a slugfest and you get the giants who i think the eagles can really take it too  

I tend to think the Packers are going to make the playoffs. I think they’re gonna beat Minnesota at home this week which drops the Vikings to the 3 seed. and then they’re going to beat the Lions at home in week 18. If San Francisco wins out,  the Giants win one more game that means Green Bay is going to have to go to San Francisco as the 7. San Francisco has been a kryptonite for the Packers and rodgers. I still think they beat GB. So might get Minnesota to face the Giants as the 3 vs. 6. Giants nearly pulled it off this past week. I could easily see the Vikings losing that game so it forces a potential Dallas vs. sf divisional round game and an eagles vs. giants divisional round game.

I hate the giants but them winning this week and clinching a playoff spot could benefit us in week 18 as they rest guys and potentially long term 

They had the number one offense last year and scored 17 points at home in a losing effort in WC round. I can’t take them seriously yet. And yes while their offense is putting up numbers their defense is trending down due to injuries. 

20 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

They had the number one offense last year and scored 17 points at home in a losing effort in WC round. I can’t take them seriously yet. And yes while their offense is putting up numbers their defense is trending down due to injuries. 

The thing I’ve noticed in the nfc is who has a really great defense to stop high powered offenses like Dallas and eagles? The niners might be the only one. I’d say the saints and Bucs have good defenses but their offenses are so bad i think that damn eventually breaks, they wear out and the turnovers kill them  

The eagles are good but i think we’ve had issues against top ranked offenses by dvoa. We’ve faced 4 (technically 5 as we gave Dallas twice but first time with rush). Eagles given up 35 (lions), 21 (jags— better now and played in poor conditions), 33 (packers) and 40 (Dallas). Granted, I think that Dallas game the turnovers and field position really screwed them over and it could easily be closer to 27-30 if we take better care of the ball and not give Dallas 3 possessions starting in our territory.

I think cowboys have similar worries to the eagles against top offenses. Early on the year they looked good against the Bengals. They held the lions to 6 but the lions away from Detroit are averaging 2 tds less. Goff isn’t as good on the road nor is that offense. The last 3 top dvoa offenses they’ve faced they’ve given up 28, 34 and 27.  I think their injuries are hurting them and i don’t think their personnel outside of their pass rush is all that great and you can beat them. 

Minnesota also has issues stopping good offenses and even bad offenses. I think they are frauds. Giants have a ton of injuries. The packers  defense gives up yards on the ground and points. Their way to winning is ball control with their offense and rodgers methodically moving the ball down the field. Washington has a nice defense but you saw when their offense can’t get going they’ll eventually wear out. Lions and Seahawks defense is still not very good.

Now the saints (12th DVOA) and Bucs (8th Dvoa)  still have good defenses (dvoa before this week) but their issue is they don’t have imo enough offense to beat Dallas. Although that dome for a playoff game can really make a difference. Bucs and Brady have a shot cause it’s Brady and if Bowles can come up with a huge gameplan. If I’m Dallas I’m likely cheering for the panthers to win that divisional. 

key to beating the saints is likely running the ball well against them 

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

The thing I’ve noticed in the nfc is who has a really great defense to stop high powered offenses like Dallas and eagles? The niners might be the only one. I’d say the saints and Bucs have good defenses but their offenses are so bad i think that damn eventually breaks, they wear out and the turnovers kill them  

The eagles are good but i think we’ve had issues against top ranked offenses by dvoa. We’ve faced 4 (technically 5 as we gave Dallas twice but first time with rush). Eagles given up 35 (lions), 21 (jags— better now and played in poor conditions), 33 (packers) and 40 (Dallas). Granted, I think that Dallas game the turnovers and field position really screwed them over and it could easily be closer to 27-30 if we take better care of the ball and not give Dallas 3 possessions starting in our territory.

I think cowboys have similar worries to the eagles against top offenses. Early on the year they looked good against the Bengals. They held the lions to 6 but the lions away from Detroit are averaging 2 tds less. Goff isn’t as good on the road nor is that offense. The last 3 top dvoa offenses they’ve faced they’ve given up 28, 34 and 27.  I think their injuries are hurting them and i don’t think their personnel outside of their pass rush is all that great and you can beat them. 

Minnesota also has issues stopping good offenses and even bad offenses. I think they are frauds. Giants have a ton of injuries. The packers  defense gives up yards on the ground and points. Their way to winning is ball control with their offense and rodgers methodically moving the ball down the field. Washington has a nice defense but you saw when their offense can’t get going they’ll eventually wear out. Lions and Seahawks defense is still not very good.

Now the saints (12th DVOA) and Bucs (8th Dvoa)  still have good defenses (dvoa before this week) but their issue is they don’t have imo enough offense to beat Dallas. Although that dome for a playoff game can really make a difference. Bucs and Brady have a shot cause it’s Brady and if Bowles can come up with a huge gameplan. If I’m Dallas I’m likely cheering for the panthers to win that divisional. 

But even with the niners you may argue that their defense hasn’t faced great qbs either. They did well vs the chargers and were dismantled by the chiefs. Other than Carr coming up what other above average qbs/offenses have they played. 
 I think you could argue that some NFC defenses stats have been inflated by a down year from most NFC teams. 

17 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

But even with the niners you may argue that their defense hasn’t faced great qbs either. They did well vs the chargers and were dismantled by the chiefs. Other than Carr coming up what other above average qbs/offenses have they played. 
 I think you could argue that some NFC defenses stats have been inflated by a down year from most NFC teams. 

Tbh i don’t disagree. I think the niners defense has beat up on a lot of mediocre and bad offenses this year. The best offense they faced was KC and got smoked. Second best was Miami and they held them in check. I think at some point in time the league is going to catch up purdy and he’s going to have some struggles which could hurt their defense and cause it to wear out. I don’t see him just waltzing through the playoffs and playing at the level that he has. I think at some point He’s going to have struggles. It’s why I kind of think the NFC is gonna come down to Dallas and the Eagles. 

that said the Niners are super dangerous. Deebo is going to be back. And a lot of the guys that they had injured earlier in the year are gonna be back. The really the one position where they should be hurting right now would be quarterback, except purdy is playing well.

2 hours ago, schuy7 said:

The Chargers need to invest in a vertical threat. Herbert has a cannon and it's being massively underutilized. Williams is awesome with his size and jump ball ability. Allen is still a good player. But they need someone who can run like hell and make plays downfield.

I offer Quez as tribute

6 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup. It’s gotten even better in terms of good young QBs since the start of season. even with Russell Wilson completely failing apart (older), the young QBs are rising and are pretty nice in the afc imo. Lawrence is really blossoming into his own with Doug. He’s really setting himself up for another jump next year. Lamar comes back from injury then you have 6 QBS all of whom are young and pretty good or in some cases great. I’m not as high on Tua but when he’s not concussed he’s been better than I would’ve thought.  

can make the case in the NFC the QB situation looks even worse from what we thought at the beginning of the year. We thought brady, rodgers and Stafford would be atop. With Dak, cousin and potentially hurts in the next tier. Stafford is hurt. Rodgers hasn’t looked like his vintage self for most of the year. And Brady and the Bucs just don’t look the part this year. Hurts when healthy is the best QB in the nfc. And the second best might be Dak even with all the Ints he’s had or could be cousins. Like purdy might be playing like the 4th best QB in the nfc at the moment. 

Yeah NFC doesn’t have that group of QB like AFC does. If you’re looking at young guys, I think Fields can be there in a year or two if Chicago can give him some help. Chicago should try and do what Dolphins did with Tua/Bills with Allen/Eagles with Hurts and find a true WR1 to trade for to help him out. Outside of Dak/ Hurts/Fields and I suppose Vikings, there isn’t any NFC teams that probably feel comfortable with their QB for the next 3-5 years. 

19 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Yeah NFC doesn’t have that group of QB like AFC does. If you’re looking at young guys, I think Fields can be there in a year or two if Chicago can give him some help. Chicago should try and do what Dolphins did with Tua/Bills with Allen/Eagles with Hurts and find a true WR1 to trade for to help him out. Outside of Dak/ Hurts/Fields and I suppose Vikings, there isn’t any NFC teams that probably feel comfortable with their QB for the next 3-5 years. 

Good. Makes us a contender every season if Hurts can continue this level of play/improve even more so.

3 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Good. Makes us a contender every season if Hurts can continue this level of play/improve even more so.

I like Jalen and all but I’m not expecting him to continue to play at this level. It’s not clear we’ve ever had a QB play at this level in this town before. 

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Lololololololol 

Bill Simmons is a jackhole

The Colts OL is awful and putting a QB out there who had little to no practice time with the 1st team is even worse; was never going to work and high school sort of move.  The fact the Colts are retaining Ballard is stupid; the whole thing needs blowing up - who'd want to go there with a GM on the outs?

And Derwin James is a dummy for that hit.

I do think the Dallas loss simplifies things.

Treat the Saints game as a must-win.  Play everyone healthy enough to play.  It's convenient that it also helps our draft pick.  After using that game to get back on track, then you can proceed with completely resting everyone against the Giants.

If you beat Dallas, the 3 game 4 week layoff may have been problematic, not to mention the hand-wringing over the Saints pick being #16 overall.

Of course, lose to the Saints and that's a completely different story...

Whats the starting lineup against the Giants if we beat the Saints.  Here's what I'd go with...

QB.  Minshew.

RB. Sermon.  Light touches to Gainwell/Scott, but they'll be needed in playoffs.

LT.  Dillard.

LG. Opeta

C. Jurgens.  Will be great for him to get the work in.

RG Sills.

RT.  Driscoll.  This one worries me.  Lane probably won't make it through full games in the playoffs and Driscoll is made of glass.  I think you have to give him some snaps to prepare him and then use a PS elevation to play most of the game.

WR. Quez.  I'm a Quez fan, but I want him to get some work in to remove the bitter taste of that Dallas game.

WR Pascal

WR Covey

TE Stoll/Calcatrara.  

DE.  Robinson.

DE.  Johnson?

DT.  Jordan Davis.  Make him play and get in shape.  He is the #6 DT...

DT.  Williams/Suh/Joseph light rotation.

LB.  Dean.  Preview for next year.

LB. Johnson.  

CB. Zech.

CB. Scott. 

CB. Jobe.

S. Wallace. 

S. Harris or Blankenship, if healthy.

Full on tank mode.  At least in preseason you've got 80 players to juggle for garbage time.  It's actually tricky when you try to preserve everyone with a 53 man roster.

14 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I do think the Dallas loss simplifies things.

Treat the Saints game as a must-win.  Play everyone healthy enough to play.  It's convenient that it also helps our draft pick.  After using that game to get back on track, then you can proceed with completely resting everyone against the Giants.

If you beat Dallas, the 3 game 4 week layoff may have been problematic, not to mention the hand-wringing over the Saints pick being #16 overall.

Of course, lose to the Saints and that's a completely different story...

Yup. No panic over losing with the backup qb and four turnovers and still producing on offense

handle business vs the saints and then rest

Archived