EMB Blog: 2022 Regular Season (and beyond?) - NO POLITICS

Connecticut Eagle

6 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Vaitai also had 20 regular season starts under his belt and was the starting LT for a SB run. 

Driscoll isn't as good as Big V but we can make a run with him at RT if necessary.  We'd have to plan for plenty of help and can keep the DE honest with various types of schemed rollouts, etc.

• Replies 64k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

OT: anyone have a google nest and are these things at all useful??

Useful for removing all privacy from your home. 

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

It's more a luxury thing. Is it useful? Sure. Is it not necessary? Very. 

The best thing for me is it learns what temps you like best throughout the day and will adjust, so it's convenient. Also I can change the temp either through an app or voice control with Alexa. You can also adjust the temperature if you are ever out of the house and feel the need to for whatever reason. Only technical thing I ran into is it says you don't need a common blue wire but I was personally having issues without one that got better once I ran that wire from the handler to the thermostat. 

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I don't have a big ecosystem but I have the nest CO detector.

We had a coal stove and had CO a few times. 

I wanted to have a smart one so I could be notified if there was CO while we are not home because of pets in the house. 

Don't have much to say about nest other than,  our CO detector served its purpose.

The idea that Dillard is going to be signed by anyone to be a starter is wishful thinking. The idea that anyone will sign him to a mid level contract to be a swing tackle when he can't get on the field over Driscoll is also wishful thinking. 

If they play Driscoll over him, instead of moving Mailata, the Eagles are telling you exactly how much he is worth. Maybe listen to them? 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

How do you know he can’t get over it?  Did you talk to him?

He said publicly he'll never get over that loss.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Whats the starting lineup against the Giants if we beat the Saints.  Here's what I'd go with...

QB.  Minshew.

RB. Sermon.  Light touches to Gainwell/Scott, but they'll be needed in playoffs.

LT.  Dillard.

LG. Opeta

C. Jurgens.  Will be great for him to get the work in.

RG Sills.

RT.  Driscoll.  This one worries me.  Lane probably won't make it through full games in the playoffs and Driscoll is made of glass.  I think you have to give him some snaps to prepare him and then use a PS elevation to play most of the game.

WR. Quez.  I'm a Quez fan, but I want him to get some work in to remove the bitter taste of that Dallas game.

WR Pascal

WR Covey

TE Stoll/Calcatrara.  

DE.  Robinson.

DE.  Johnson?

DT.  Jordan Davis.  Make him play and get in shape.  He is the #6 DT...

DT.  Williams/Suh/Joseph light rotation.

LB.  Dean.  Preview for next year.

LB. Johnson.  

CB. Zech.

CB. Scott. 

CB. Jobe.

S. Wallace. 

S. Harris or Blankenship, if healthy.

Full on tank mode.  At least in preseason you've got 80 players to juggle for garbage time.  It's actually tricky when you try to preserve everyone with a 53 man roster.

I replace Covey with Allen, but otherwise agree.

2 minutes ago, Sack that QB said:

He said publicly he'll never get over that loss.

That’s not good enough; the blog wants it in writing and addressed to you

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The Dallas loss depends on which prism you want to view it through.  

Backup qb, didn’t really need to win the game, and they still needed multiple improbably flukey plays to win the game.  This is the one I’m going with.

But you can also say they gave up 40 points, never stop Dak…and that may be a loss no matter who plays qb when you need to score into the 40’s to win the game.

@eagle45’s comment above is a natural segue into a question that popped into my brain this morning …. What is the one Philadelphia team that has had the most influence on Philadelphia sports fans?  I would argue that there truly is one team that far outdistances all the others … and it’s impact is clearly evident in the post above.

What say you?  Time’s yours.

19 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

It's more a luxury thing. Is it useful? Sure. Is it not necessary? Very. 

The best thing for me is it learns what temps you like best throughout the day and will adjust, so it's convenient. Also I can change the temp either through an app or voice control with Alexa. You can also adjust the temperature if you are ever out of the house and feel the need to for whatever reason. Only technical thing I ran into is it says you don't need a common blue wire but I was personally having issues without one that got better once I ran that wire from the handler to the thermostat. 

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I don't have a big ecosystem but I have the nest CO detector.

We had a coal stove and had CO a few times. 

I wanted to have a smart one so I could be notified if there was CO while we are not home because of pets in the house. 

Don't have much to say about nest other than,  our CO detector served its purpose.

I'm a huge Alexa nut.  I put Lutron switches in every room and have the sonos integrated into it too.  You can make it light a path to the bedroom, create scenes all over the house for a party, play coordinated music, turn TV's on and off..basically anything.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

I'm a huge Alexa nut.  I put Lutron switches in every room and have the sonos integrated into it too.  You can make it light a path to the bedroom, create scenes all over the house for a party, play coordinated music, turn TV's on and off..basically anything.

Yup, I have Lutron switches as well which I find way more useful than the Nest. 

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I guess Bacarty, F-ed around and found out.  

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

?

Perma?

No visible posts by him since December 9th.  Nothing ban-worthy in those last posts, so unless the Mods deleted offensive posts, I would guess it is a self-imposed exile.

I think I would start Book against the Giants if we win this week. Minshew is probably too important with Hurts already banged up. 

16 minutes ago, mattwill said:

@eagle45’s comment above is a natural segue into a question that popped into my brain this morning …. What is the one Philadelphia team that has had the most influence on Philadelphia sports fans?  I would argue that there truly is one team that far outdistances all the others … and it’s impact is clearly evident in the post above.

What say you?  Time’s yours.

It's a layered question depending on what you mean by "most influence". Is it what it meant to fans? New fans brought on because of the team winning? Popularity? I think the most important team this city has had in the past 40 years was the 2008 Phillies just because they won the first title for the city in 25 years at that point ending the drought. But it's more of a football town so you can probably put the 2017 Eagles team above them based off of how they won with Foles and how improbable that was looking back. I'm a hockey fan so the 2010 Flyers were up there for me, but you can't put them into the conversation because they didn't win the Stanley Cup that year. I loved that team though. 

4 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I think I would start Book against the Giants if we win this week. Minshew is probably too important with Hurts already banged up. 

Not a bad idea. At the very least, pull Minshew at halftime.

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Not a bad idea. At the very least, pull Minshew at halftime.

For sure. I don’t see much benefit to playing Minshew behind a second string OL and WRs. The passing game won’t be crisp. You’re going to see a lot of screens and short passes. Just let Book play and keep Minshew healthy. 

I don't think Driscoll should factor into the decision to play Hurts on Sunday.

If he's not healthy and can't play, then he can't play.  If he can go, then he better go.  He's got to learn to play behind Driscoll because it's damn likely he'll be doing it at some point in the playoffs.  You need to win another game and it's bass ackwards to just play the B team under the assumption that you'll steal 1 of 2 with them.

I can't kick this sense of impending doom. Maybe it's the holiday depression starting early, my peronally my confidence in this team is at a season low.

Someone help me feel better.

2 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

I can't kick this sense of impending doom. Maybe it's the holiday depression starting early, my peronally my confidence in this team is at a season low.

It took a complete implosion for us to lose on the road at Dallas (the third best team in the conference) with our backup QB playing well but not great and basically every 50-50 play going Dallas’ way. 

We’re fine. 

4 minutes ago, Westbrook#36 said:

They’re 13-2. It doesn’t get much better than this regardless of what happens from here. 

30 minutes ago, Infam said:

You can’t be that naive.

If you have a smart phone your privacy is already gone anyway.

34 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

For sure. I don’t see much benefit to playing Minshew behind a second string OL and WRs. The passing game won’t be crisp. You’re going to see a lot of screens and short passes. Just let Book play and keep Minshew healthy. 

The counterpoint to your point is that Minshew and the second string Offense have been working together as a unit throughout the season … not in games on Sunday, but every other day of the week in practices.  They ought to be both crisp and cohesive.

Archived