Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

8 minutes ago, greend said:

Neat. So are you the one making excuses for him? Because that was the point. 

What excuses am I making for him? 

2 hours ago, Erie said:

No one is making excuses for that dude now, but from 2018-2020 the excuses were in full effect even if the beanbaggers want to act dumb like that never happened now. 😂

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one is making excuses for that dude now, but from 2018-2020 the excuses were in full effect even if they beanbaggers want to act dumb like that never happened now. 😂

You know it’s 2023 now?

1 hour ago, Erie said:

IDK you jumped in. You tell me.

30 minutes ago, TorontoEagle said:

You know it’s 2023 now?

Man that Ricky Watters. Tired of all the excuses you guys make for him

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, greend said:

Man that Ricky Watters. Tired of all the excuses you guys make for him

For who? For what?

• Like 1

Let's say that his career is now over, if not completely, then at least as a relevant starter. That means that the single greatest season of his career resulted in a statue of (his backup) Nick Foles being erected outside the Linc, and the City of Philadelphia (and all of Eagles Nation), putting Nick up on an eternal pedestal (above even Rocky). That's GOT to screw with his ego/psyche  in a MAJOR way lol. 

2 hours ago, Erie said:

I care. The way he conducted himself here, I want no professional success for him, not ever. 

I never want ex-Eagles to have success while they're ex-Eagles. Especially if they're with a divisional rival. But I won't say 'ever', because you never know when a player might come back in a backup role. 

Will Howie sign him as a backup to Hurts? Would Wentz even accept such a role (would his ego allow him to)? Most likely "no", to both questions. But on the off chance that it would happen, I would absolutely want him to have success... Nick Foles level of success, if that situation ever came up.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t want Wentz as a backup, because to be honest I want a better backup QB. Wentz as evident from his performance against CLE is now a net negative.

Heincke on the other hand would make a fine backup for Hurts.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I wouldn’t want Wentz as a backup, because to be honest I want a better backup QB. Wentz as evident from his performance against CLE is now a net negative.

Heincke on the other hand would make a fine backup for Hurts.

Wouldn’t mind that move either. He’s a quality backup who can win some games when needed.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, paco said:

I'll take anyone over Garbage Minshew

Another round of Foles? He’s never that bad when he’s here. 

16 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Another round of Foles? He’s never that bad when he’s here. 

Nick Flacco

Screw the ginger headed spaz. Don't him anywhere close to the Eagles. He is a prime example of how arm talent matters but is irrelevant in success over a long period. It's between the ears having the correct attitude and leadership that matter so much more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, manz2821 said:

Screw the ginger headed spaz. Don't him anywhere close to the Eagles. He is a prime example of how arm talent matters but is irrelevant in success over a long period. It's between the ears having the correct attitude and leadership that matter so much more.

I don’t really blame anyone else for Carson’s fall other than himself, but the Eagles didn’t help by constantly coddling him the way that they did. They should’ve brought in a guru to work with Carson when DFlip left rather than just using a guy Carson could control. They also shouldn’t have let Carson come back so quickly after that first injury. He clearly lost the mobility and that likely contributed to the back injury. Perhaps there’s a little bit of a cautionary tale on how they deal with Hurts. Don’t bring him back until he’s ready although Jalen’s injury is nowhere near as bad as either of Carson’s were. 

• Like 1

Not going to lie, I dig the new thread title over there :lol: 

The Official QB Thread- The Time is Howell, Game Wentz'd Away and the Heini Hole Wiped Clean. Can the Pig throw? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Haven't been in here since September. I don't understand how he declined like this

It's simple.  Carson Wentz doesn't care about football.  He hasn't cared for at least 3 years now.

You can only skate by on talent for so long.  Sooner or later you have to put in the work.  Something our two former divas Wentz and Simmons never did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arsenal79 said:

It's simple.  Carson Wentz doesn't care about football.  He hasn't cared for at least 3 years now.

You can only skate by on talent for so long.  Sooner or later you have to put in the work.  Something our two former divas Wentz and Simmons never did.

I don’t think it’s a lack of caring. I actually think he care a lot about football after all the sport has made him a multimillionaire. I think it’s a case of failing to learn how to adapt with the times. He still thought he was the big elusive guy he was in college. Playing all those D2 schools how often did he actually see NFL level talent? Few and far between. When he got to the league there were lineman faster than him and safeties bigger than him, but he went out there trying to play bully ball/hero ball trying to run guys over and throw into tighter windows like the old days. It all started to add up and the injuries took a toll, but he never adjusted to any of it. Now sacks that he used to be able to escape are sack fumbles. Throws in tight windows as now double coverage interceptions. Still the gamble and risk taker failing to see he’s not the guy he used to be while vowing to never change. 

• Like 1

Frank Reich wanted Wentz, convinced he could salvage the former No. 2 pick’s career. So the Colts made the move, thinking Wentz would be in Indianapolis for multiple seasons.

Hours after the Colts’ Week 18 loss in Jacksonville, Reich sat in Irsay’s office and apologized to his boss.

"I thought I could fix him,” the coach said of Wentz. "But I was wrong.”

https://theathletic.com/4046216/2023/01/06/colts-jim-irsay-jeff-saturday-frank-reich/

Reich was the last hope of fixing Wentz, however slim, and even he couldn't do it.

20 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Reich was the last hope of fixing Wentz, however slim, and even he couldn't do it.

Pretty much why I wasn’t concerned about him in Washington. I had figured once the Indy experiment failed, he was not likely to be anything better than a JAG going forward. 

Turns out, being a JAG would be a step forward. 

• Like 3