Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

Heinicke is about to steal Wentz's job, and I am here for it :groovy:

Sometimes I think of how Wentz fell so hard. 

Then I think of it with Keith Morrison’s voice dubbed in, and I realize it’d make a great Dateline episode. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Heineke is about to steal Wentz's job, and I am here for it :groovy:

Well now we know why Carson wanted out of Philly, because it’s obvious he didn’t think he could win a QB competition. Perhaps that job never should have been just taken from Heineke and handed to Wentz to begin with. Wentz still thinking the stuff he did in D3 North Dakota is going to work in the NFL. In the NFL you either adapt or you’re gone. It’s getting close to the gone part for Carson. The irony here is Wentz was coddled by the Eagles FO, but now he’s getting a heavy dose of what teams truly do with average quarterbacks who aren’t willing to adapt or change. 

• Like 3

image.png.4c08ea4bac771f50f6eaf8d10e0f5f70.png

The Dallas Cowboys having 50 net points, and being 2-1 in the NFC East still remain the Eagles biggest threat with NY Giants a concern.

The Washington Commanders an easy win, or will they play hard against us on Monday Night, Nov 14th?

The Eagles can't look ahead and must prepare for the game before them (Texans) but as a fan I can't help to think about the ways the Eagles will destroy the Commanders on MNF prime time!

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's brutal but very hard to argue with, I think Washington were losing with either QB on Sunday, but to suddenly put Wentz back in was nonsense and for Wentz to then play like that is pretty much what it deserved.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's brutal but very hard to argue with, I think Washington were losing with either QB on Sunday, but to suddenly put Wentz back in was nonsense and for Wentz to then play like that is pretty much what it deserved.

3 INTs. Wow!

I can’t believe how anyone could see another team giving this guy a shot. He’s straight poison now. Who would be dumb enough to link themselves to Wentz at this point as a HC? Pederson fired. Reich fired. After this collapse Rivera soon to be fired. Who’s going to tempt their NFL fate on this reclamation project that’s too stubborn to believe he needs to change? Oh and before anyone tells me these coaches were fired after Wentz left or was replaced just remember if Wentz were half as decent as people assumed he wouldn’t have been replaced to begin with. It’s time for this big fish to back to his little pond in ND.

58 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I can’t believe how anyone could see another team giving this guy a shot. He’s straight poison now. Who would be dumb enough to link themselves to Wentz at this point as a HC? Pederson fired. Reich fired. After this collapse Rivera soon to be fired. Who’s going to tempt their NFL fate on this reclamation project that’s too stubborn to believe he needs to change? Oh and before anyone tells me these coaches were fired after Wentz left or was replaced just remember if Wentz were half as decent as people assumed he wouldn’t have been replaced to begin with. It’s time for this big fish to back to his little pond in ND.

At this point, I can’t see Wentz going to a team under the guise of being their future. I see what’s left of his NFL career being spent either as a backup, or as a starter on a short term basis until a draft pick is ready, like we did with Pederson and McNabb. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

At this point, I can’t see Wentz going to a team under the guise of being their future. I see what’s left of his NFL career being spent either as a backup, or as a starter on a short term basis until a draft pick is ready, like we did with Pederson and McNabb. 

I'm not sure I see that, he has all the physical tools, even Eisen says that on the video,  but everybody can see his biggest problems are his inability to lead a team and refusal to take responsibility or accept coaching for his flaws, the only guy behind him in terms of QB popularity with team mates at this point is Zac Wilson, why would you want that guy to mentor your young QB about how to play QB in the NFL?

It's kind of sad that Wentz has refused to learn the glaring lesson of his career to date, but I think retirement is more likely than getting another shot even as back up.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Yup. I don't think he would want that long term. Probably for a year or two of that then back to ND for full time hunting and fishing.

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t see why any team would want him on any level. He doesn’t make anyone better around him. He’s not a good teammate. He’s not a good mentor, and he doesn’t win games. He’s just good enough to be perplexing. I mean  people can enamored with the arm talent to the point that they fail to see he’s just a bad quarterback now. How many more times does this guy need to come up small in big moments or get injured before people actually see this? Any coach foolish enough to rely on Wentz on any level at this point deserves to be fired.

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

It would be our luck that is when he figures it out.

Nope that ship has sailed. You guys are way to focused on hoping this individual doesn’t continue to show you what he’s been showing for years now in hope/fear for some ridiculous 2017 revival. If Dallas is dumb enough to dump Dak for this bum I’m all for it.

5 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He'll hang around as a backup for some desperate/stupid teams that would sign him.  He should be out of the league soon though.  He'd be better off finding another career path the way RGIII did.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He'll hang around as a backup for some desperate/stupid teams that would sign him.  He should be out of the league soon though.  He'd be better off finding another career path the way RGIII did.  

All the @EazyEaglez beanbaggers would love to see him broadcasting games!! Amirite?

47 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Nope that ship has sailed. You guys are way to focused on hoping this individual doesn’t continue to show you what he’s been showing for years now in hope/fear for some ridiculous 2017 revival. If Dallas is dumb enough to dump Dak for this bum I’m all for it.

OMG, it was a tongue in cheek comment.  I do not care one iota about Carson Wentz.  He will be on his 3rd team in 3 years next season.

You just can not let the guy go.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t see why any team would want him on any level. He doesn’t make anyone better around him. He’s not a good teammate. He’s not a good mentor, and he doesn’t win games. He’s just good enough to be perplexing. I mean  people can enamored with the arm talent to the point that they fail to see he’s just a bad quarterback now. How many more times does this guy need to come up small in big moments or get injured before people actually see this? Any coach foolish enough to rely on Wentz on any level at this point deserves to be fired.

That’s why I never said rely. I’ve seen enough of the NFL to know that even Wentz will find work in some capacity, whether it be a backup or a place holder. 

49 minutes ago, downundermike said:

OMG, it was a tongue in cheek comment.  I do not care one iota about Carson Wentz.  He will be on his 3rd team in 3 years next season.

You just can not let the guy go.

Actually next year he will be on his 4th team in 4 years. 🙂

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That’s why I never said rely. I’ve seen enough of the NFL to know that even Wentz will find work in some capacity, whether it be a backup or a place holder. 

That would mean Wentz also taking a massive pay cut to do. The guy thinks he’s too good to be some backup. He’s already on his second prove it or lose it team. No one is going to trade for him at this point and pay him that money owed to be a backup. The chances are looking pretty slim for Wentz.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That would mean Wentz also taking a massive pay cut to do. The guy thinks he’s too good to be some backup. He’s already on his second prove it or lose it team. No one is going to trade for him at this point and pay him that money owed to be a backup. The chances are looking pretty slim for Wentz.

Exactly. If he wishes to remain in football, he’ll have to take what he can get. Obviously he also has the option to step away if he wishes, but if he wants to remain in the league, I believe his options are either accept being a backup, or take a job where he gets to start as a place holder for someone else. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

All the @EazyEaglez beanbaggers would love to see him broadcasting games!! Amirite?

Most fans don't know this but Wentz is actually a very successful,  accomplished book writer. He's latest book: "How to loose friends, and alienate strangers" is #1 on New York Times best sellers list. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Exactly. If he wishes to remain in football, he’ll have to take what he can get. Obviously he also has the option to step away if he wishes, but if he wants to remain in the league, I believe his options are either accept being a backup, or take a job where he gets to start as a place holder for someone else. 

Why pay him to be a place holder at this point when he’s basically the same result as the incumbent rookie? On top of that he’s not exactly the guy you want grooming that rookie either because he’s a bad teammate, has terrible mechanics, and would never take it upon himself to mentor someone. The only true option for Wentz is some team dumb enough to think they can fix a quarterback who will turn 31 next year. The only coaches I see arrogant enough to even try that would be Reid or Belicheat. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The baggers hanging onto Carson’s every word. 😂

4F241F8F-3B00-4207-83C5-40920E2EF31D.jpeg

• Haha 1