Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

My issue is with his play, his attitude, but most importantly with how so many excuses were made for him. That’s it. I don’t want him out the league. I believe his own play will dictate that. He doesn’t need me to "want” it. His own play will determine that dude. So I started it. I’ve started a lot of threads around here. Sorry not sorry this one hurts your feelings though. He’s also not the only player I’ve been critical of past and present. He’s just the only one that gets people butthurt. I’ve also been complimentary of Wentz, but the apologist only see the so called hate. If I’m wrong about Wentz then prove it. Otherwise you can keep your opinions to yourself. Funny cause I spent most of the entire Quez Watkins thread basically being critical of him to yet not too many people are crying about it. 😂🤣😂 Why should it treat Wentz any differently?

Maybe because Quez is an actual current Eagles player, so criticizing him or discussing him makes sense.

Why don’t you create a thread about Jordan Hicks? It would have the same relevance that Wentz does 

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You certainly don’t have to partake if you don’t want to. Why do people obsess about crying for the guy? What does it matter to you what anyone writes about him? That makes no sense to me. You know what I do when I see threads I don’t like? I just ignore them. No one made you come in here bud. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If I’m wrong about Wentz then prove it. Otherwise you can keep your opinions to yourself.

Man ... you're all over the place. Get a grip. 

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Man ... you're all over the place. Get a grip. 

Just so you know unlike the people you tried to compare me to who never liked Jalen even now, I was once a huge fan of Wentz until is saw that he wasn’t as good as advertised. Also the only people I truly despise when it comes to former Eagles is Chip Kelly. That dude sucks! 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just so you know unlike the people you tried to compare me to who never liked Jalen even now, I was once a huge fan of Wentz until is saw that he wasn’t as good as advertised. Also the only people I truly despise when it comes to former Eagles is Chip Kelly. That dude sucks! 

I was never a fan of Nate Gerry at LB, but I moved on when he did. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

I was never a fan of Nate Gerry at LB, but I moved on when he did. 

Gerry still sucks. Would you like me to make a thread about him too, because I can. Bottom line is people post here. If it were "over” as you claim they wouldn’t. Heck I made this just before the first Commanders game just for that game. People still want to post here. 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, brkmsn said:

... and you created it. 

I'm here for entertainment and ... well ... if you're going to obsess about the guy, I'm going to point it out. It's just very odd how badly you seem to want to see him out of the league. I know you've accused some here of hating Hurts because of the color of his skin and I've also seen you repeatedly refer to Wentz as a ginger (with negative connotations). Do you have some kind of problem with fair-skinned, red-haired people? Maybe it's his religious beliefs that have you in a stir. There's definitely no shortage of ways to "bigot." 

Wentz deserves to be out of the league: $hitty teammate and $hitty QB who acted like an entitled punk and quit on the team and city, simply because he faced some adversity and the threat of competition, refusing to change and focus on self-improvement. Any Eagles fan is completely justified in resenting that candy-ass dope. He's a massive loser who lacks the composure and wherewithal to be an NFL QB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Wentz deserves to be out of the league: $hitty teammate and $hitty QB who acted like an entitled punk and quit on the team and city, simply because he faced some adversity and the threat of competition, refusing to change anx focus on self-improvement. Any Eagles fan is completely justified in resenting that candy-ass dope. He's a massive loser who lacks the composure and wherewithal to be an NFL QB.

I have yet to hear one former teammate verify the "bad teammate" narrative. Some of them like Jeffery are out of football and he was never shy about talking and still hasn't actually said anything bad about Wentz. I didn't hear any of his former Colts teammates throw him under the bus. Respected players like Kelce, M. Jenkins,  S. Leonard, etc... have all said postive things about him. All we ever had were "anonymous sources" and since when do Philly fans lift up the pretend voices of cowards? The media plays Philadelphia fans all the time and they just keep coming back for more. 

Who exactly asked Wentz to change? The coaches he had never stated he needed to change. He admitted to needing to play better. In interviews where he talked about "not changing" he was referring to his willingness to do whatever it takes on that play. He wasn't going to slide if he needed 1 or 2 more yards. He wasn't going to fear taking a hit, even after being injured because of that mentality. 

Did he quit on the team or did the team quit on him? The fact that he was never given a start again after the benching is pretty sound proof that the team quit on him. Even McNabb started the week after Reid benched him. The writing was on the wall. 

You can twist the past however you want. You can put all your faith in "anonymous sources" the reporters feed you when they need a big story. You can make up all the pretend reasons you want to hate the guy (lol @ bad teammate). The Philly media loves you. 

I'm 100% behind Jalen Hurts as our starting QB. He was given an opportunity and has made the most of it as a professional. I would never consider going back to Wentz. Hurts is the better player and continues to get better. His leadership is better than Wentz' from the QB position and it's not even close. But it's not for me to decide who belongs in the league or "deserves to be out." That is the most arrogant claim a fan can make and is motivated purely from your emotions. If a team thinks a player has a quality that will benefit their team, they have every right to give that guy a chance whether you feel jilted or not because of what he supposedly did or didn't do in your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Don’t want to quote the whole post, so I’ll reference one line that caught my attention.

Did he quit on the team, or did the team quit on him?

Given that they had every intention of bringing him back, and he even met with Siri after he was hired, that would give me all I need to know that they didn’t quit on him first. The team was willing to give him another chance. Reports were he and Doug were not getting along at the end of Doug’s time here, and even though Doug wasn’t fired based on a "him or me” type demand from Wentz, he still stood to gain from it, but it still wasn’t good enough, and he wanted out. I agree with EagleRocker on this one. People are well within their right to hold it against Wentz. He wanted out, and he got his wish. Good effing riddance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I have yet to hear one former teammate verify the "bad teammate" narrative. Some of them like Jeffery are out of football and he was never shy about talking and still hasn't actually said anything bad about Wentz. I didn't hear any of his former Colts teammates throw him under the bus. Respected players like Kelce, M. Jenkins,  S. Leonard, etc... have all said postive things about him. All we ever had were "anonymous sources" and since when do Philly fans lift up the pretend voices of cowards? The media plays Philadelphia fans all the time and they just keep coming back for more. 

Who exactly asked Wentz to change? The coaches he had never stated he needed to change. He admitted to needing to play better. In interviews where he talked about "not changing" he was referring to his willingness to do whatever it takes on that play. He wasn't going to slide if he needed 1 or 2 more yards. He wasn't going to fear taking a hit, even after being injured because of that mentality. 

Did he quit on the team or did the team quit on him? The fact that he was never given a start again after the benching is pretty sound proof that the team quit on him. Even McNabb started the week after Reid benched him. The writing was on the wall. 

You can twist the past however you want. You can put all your faith in "anonymous sources" the reporters feed you when they need a big story. You can make up all the pretend reasons you want to hate the guy (lol @ bad teammate). The Philly media loves you. 

I'm 100% behind Jalen Hurts as our starting QB. He was given an opportunity and has made the most of it as a professional. I would never consider going back to Wentz. Hurts is the better player and continues to get better. His leadership is better than Wentz' from the QB position and it's not even close. But it's not for me to decide who belongs in the league or "deserves to be out." That is the most arrogant claim a fan can make and is motivated purely from your emotions. If a team thinks a player has a quality that will benefit their team, they have every right to give that guy a chance whether you feel jilted or not because of what he supposedly did or didn't do in your mind. 

This is a pretty naive post. You will never hear a teammate say that because they are professionals, but you don't need to. The fact that Wentz literally quit on them, took his ball, and went home because his wiggle feewings were hurt that he was benched tells you all you need to know about. I'm pretty sure his teammates saw what was clear as day to any one with a clue and a shred of objectivity toward the situation.

Likewise, you will never hear a coach go out and say these things, but it was clear as day to everyone that he needed to change. If nothing else, Doug's benching of Wentz showed that he was not getting the job done and needed to change his style of play, but he didn't. He refused, stamped his feet, and forced a trade and made the team take a 30+ million cap hit, like a selfish, entitled little whiny b**ch. The team only quit on Wentz after he showed zero compunction to work on himself for the betterment of the team.

It's not a matter of feeling jilted, it's a matter of the guy being the epitome of an unprofessional loser. Time to call a spade a spade. Everyone has some sort of emotional connection to that situation, but the ones whose emotional responses are the most laughably detached are the ones who make excuse after excuse for that fraud and grasp at straws to downplay his shortcomings like "WeLl, HoW dO YoU kNoW WeNtZ wAs a BaD TeAmMatE aNd pLaYeR. HiS tEaMmAtEs aNd cOaCheS dIdN't sAy So!!!"

Because we have eyes, ears, and a clue.

hulk-hogan-mic-drop.gif.2fd05ab92ae05409e5ba9952c36d266f.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I gotta give you credit @brkmsn. You have no problem jumping in there for every lost cause there is out there.😂 As I already stated. People still want to talk about it. 🤫🤫🤫🤫

20 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hulk Hogan Mic Drop GIF - Hulk Hogan Mic Drop WWE - Discover & Share GIFs

My grandmothers underarm wiggled like that too.

17 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Don’t want to quote the whole post, so I’ll reference one line that caught my attention.

Did he quit on the team, or did the team quit on him?

Given that they had every intention of bringing him back, and he even met with Siri after he was hired, that would give me all I need to know that they didn’t quit on him first. The team was willing to give him another chance. Reports were he and Doug were not getting along at the end of Doug’s time here, and even though Doug wasn’t fired based on a "him or me” type demand from Wentz, he still stood to gain from it, but it still wasn’t good enough, and he wanted out. I agree with EagleRocker on this one. People are well within their right to hold it against Wentz. He wanted out, and he got his wish. Good effing riddance. 

The FO failed at getting him reliable and healthy supporting cast. He was playing with trash in 2019

Definitely needed a fresh start somewhere else

I don't know what happened to him but I've moved on. I also don't hate or dislike him simply because of 2017

1 hour ago, TorontoEagle said:

I ask again, why isn’t this thread in Around the NFL? What does it have to do with the Eagles?

So you are...asking for moderation.  

:P

Moving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NOTW said:

FB_IMG_1675127739653.jpg

And got benched for his back up this year ( one being the 3rd string QB)  twice lol. He is probably so effed in the head right now lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And got benched for his back up this year ( one being the 3rd string QB)  twice lol. He is probably so effed in the head right now lol

Wentz was always ok as long as everything else around him was ok, but the ACL injury in LA set off a chain of events that hurt him both physically and mentally. Largely mentally, and I don’t know he can ever fully recover to become even average again. 

• Like 1

I can't wait to read his thank you post to the Washington fans :pizza: 

At this point it *has* to be a form letter now, right?

17 hours ago, NOTW said:

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1675127739653.jpg

I mentioned that a couple of days ago too, but that should actually be changed from 'both' to 'two of'. Because Carson's first backup was Chase Daniel... who hasn't led any team to the bathroom, let alone the Super Bowl lol.