Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

15 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

How the hell does he say QB outright, defends the comment, and then defends Wentz lol 

If he had been a bit more articulate, he could have said it in a way that didn't appear to throw Wentz under the bus. Like by saying that it's Carson's first year in the system, first year playing with this line/wr's etc, whereas the other divisional QB's have had multiple seasons in their systems and/or with the players around them. 

Instead, he just comes off as bashing Carson lol. 

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

Dang.  Offseason the Colts GM trashed Wentz in public comments saying they were looking to upgrade, now this. 

Didn’t get a chance to hear it, but Rivera is an old school type coach. Maybe he’s trying to stoke a fire under his quarterback??? Anyways this doesn’t work for on Wentz. Frankly I don’t know what works on Wentz. Hard coaching or coddling Wentz isn’t going to change. All the Commanders fans I know went from really thinking they had a quarterback after week one to wanting this guy gone by week four. Maybe some other team gives him a shot next season (there’s always that one guy who thinks he can fix a guy) but as a starter if this fails I think his career is pretty much over. 

• Like 1

That mental midget he has at QB will never learn to throw within a certain timeframe or to a spot with anticipation.

Wentz is pure ass. Doesn't help that Rivera is a poor coach and the o-line is less than stellar though.

• Like 3

Wentz was already difficult to coach.  After this comment, I assume he'll just shut down and play the position the way he sees iut.

• Like 1

Geez, if Rivera thinks the biggest problem is QB, then he needs to be fired ASAP........Wentz has his problems, but that line is atrocious and I don't care who it is, with a line like that, nobody is going to be consistently good.  

The HC/QB alliance is supposed to lead the team and saying something like that is just idiotic.....undercuts any faith the team has in Wentz.  Lost some respect for Rivera.....

2 hours ago, Vee said:

Wentz was already difficult to coach.  After this comment, I assume he'll just shut down and play the position the way he sees iut.

So no changes then. 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Geez, if Rivera thinks the biggest problem is QB, then he needs to be fired ASAP........Wentz has his problems, but that line is atrocious and I don't care who it is, with a line like that, nobody is going to be consistently good.  

The HC/QB alliance is supposed to lead the team and saying something like that is just idiotic.....undercuts any faith the team has in Wentz.  Lost some respect for Rivera.....

When you even look at the division as well you basically have Hurts, Dak, but at the moment Rush, and Jones. He’s probably trying to say those teams at least have guys on their team that have been there for sometime now unlike his team trying to get used to Carson which he does have a point there. It takes time to get used to a new quarterback. With that being the case there are examples where a new quarterback does make the situation better and not worse too. Right now Carson has been horrible even with the problems and has been the worse quarterback in the division so far. 

28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

When you even look at the division as well you basically have Hurts, Dak, but at the moment Rush, and Jones. He’s probably trying to say those teams at least have guys on their team that have been there for sometime now unlike his team trying to get used to Carson which he does have a point there. It takes time to get used to a new quarterback. With that being the case there are examples where a new quarterback does make the situation better and not worse too. Right now Carson has been horrible even with the problems and has been the worse quarterback in the division so far. 

Carson needs an all pro line or his flaws really come out. We saw that in 2020. His hero ball ways really stick out. You can over come a bad line in some ways with decisive quick throws something Carson is incapable of making. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DevilMayRage said:

That mental midget he has at QB will never learn to throw within a certain timeframe or to a spot with anticipation.

Wentz is pure ass. Doesn't help that Rivera is a poor coach and the o-line is less than stellar though.

Yep.  Mental midget is the phrase that best describes him.  Unfortunately that’s not fixable as we saw after 5 years.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vee said:

Wentz was already difficult to coach.  After this comment, I assume he'll just shut down

Yup. 

36 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Yep.  Mental midget is the phrase that best describes him.  Unfortunately that’s not fixable as we saw after 5 years.

Also yup

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz has his problems, but his offensive line is terrible......and that's no way to integrate into a new offense, develop timing with his receivers or even work out his issues.  You may say if he hasn't done it by now, he'll never do it......but that's not necessarily true.  There have been many QBs that as they get to 30 or older, start to play the game smarter and more efficient.  

I don't know if Wentz will do that, but it's certainly possible.  But Copper Rush and Daniel Jones aren't playing any better......they just have the benefit of a better defenses and better rushing attacks.  Rush is being blown waaaaaaay out of proportion, which is typical for anything dallas does.

I know there's alot of hate around here for Wentz......and he was blamed for the colts collapse last year which was horsesh---....the colts defense and offensive line absolutely sucked,...I watched those games.  And the colts thought Ryan was the answer???  LMAO, it proves the colts are simply not a good team, Irsay is a buffoon and blamed it all on Wentz.

This is probably Wentz's last go round with being a starter......and despite all the crap he's going to have to deal with, whether it be the talent around him or his own issues, he needs to have a solid year and cutdown on the late game mistakes.  Can he do it?  Probably not with that line......

Rivera will be fired and he knows it. You can tell how nonchalant and relaxed he was sitting atbthe podium. That team is a dumpster fire across the board. Does he think they could be a top team competing in the division with a better QB?

6 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Rivera will be fired and he knows it. You can tell how nonchalant and relaxed he was sitting atbthe podium. That team is a dumpster fire across the board. Does he think they could be a top team competing in the division with a better QB?

I don't think he's gonna get fired.  

There's not a lot of coaches out there that would take that job, and Snyder knows it.  They're going to have to see this thing through and hope that Rivera can turn it around.  We don't even really know if Rivera was the one that wanted Wentz.  

There's not a single head coach out there that can turn this Washington team around.  Might as well stay the course.  No reason to pay Rivera to stay home and watch TV.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, NOTW said:

Dang.  Offseason the Colts GM trashed Wentz in public comments saying they were looking to upgrade, now this. 

Crazy thing is Ryan looks like a downgrade this year.

12 hours ago, Heavywchamp said:

Crazy thing is Ryan looks like a downgrade this year.

Ryan looks horrible. Reich should be on the hot seat, but so should Ballard. That team has gone backwards.

The wretched performance by both Carson Wentz and Justin Fields in this TNF game is hard to watch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JournalistMic said:

The wretched performance by both Carson Wentz and Justin Fields in this TNF game is hard to watch.

I thought last TNF was bad.  Wow

• Haha 1

I can't imagine Wentz staying in the league that much longer.   He won't accept being a backup either.   Fields is also a complete bust and it's not too early to say that.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, paco said:

I thought last TNF was bad.  Wow

December 18th should be an EASY WIN for the Eagles!

52 minutes ago, Pliny said:

I can't imagine Wentz staying in the league that much longer.   He won't accept being a backup either.   Fields is also a complete bust and it's not too early to say that.

I could see him in Chicago.