Is it Time to Visit the Wentz and the Commanders Topic?

EazyEaglez

On 10/17/2022 at 7:24 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good God let it freaking die already

As long as he’s in the division it’s probably going nowhere, but if it makes you feel better bud he probably won’t be in the division (or the league for that matter) much longer. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

As long as he’s in the division it’s probably going nowhere, but if it makes you feel better bud he probably won’t be in the division (or the league for that matter) much longer. 

He plays like doesn't want to be either lol has a Jay Cutler feel to him anymore 

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

He plays like doesn't want to be either lol has a Jay Cutler feel to him anymore 

He’s just fallen off so much. Still he puts up numbers. A smart GM will stay away. A dumb GM and coach will think they can fix the unfixable.

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s just fallen off so much. Still he puts up numbers. A smart GM will stay away. A dumb GM and coach will think they can fix the unfixable.

And that's why i think he'll be in the league until he is 35, 36 until 2-3 more younger versions of him become available 

28 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

And that's why i think he'll be in the league until he is 35, 36 until 2-3 more younger versions of him become available 

We'll see. His contract allows him to be cut after this season for $0 dead so I guess it all depends on whether he'll be willing to take backup money to stay in the league or not. I would be shocked if the Commanders keep him under his current contract. If the offense looks better with Heinicke (which isn't a lofty goal) he's all but done.

1 hour ago, bitbased said:

We'll see. His contract allows him to be cut after this season for $0 dead so I guess it all depends on whether he'll be willing to take backup money to stay in the league or not. I would be shocked if the Commanders keep him under his current contract. If the offense looks better with Heinicke (which isn't a lofty goal) he's all but done.

And then Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, etc etc will call him for a year 

• Like 1

Carson Wentz in twelfth place in passing yards in the NFL with 1,489 yards tied for sixth in passing touchdowns with 10 and an 84.1 QB Rating sacked 23 times (tied for 1st - reoccurring trend for Carson on multiple teams), and tied 3rd with INTs given up with 6.

He is injured yet again, seems like he's been injured every season he's ever played.

Honestly it is another good thing GM Howie has done in getting rid of Carson and even picking up a high draft pick for him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JournalistMic said:

He is injured yet again, seems like he's been injured every season he's ever played.

I don't recall any regular season injuries in 2016, pre-season yes. But not regular season. But I could just be forgetting something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't recall any regular season injuries in 2016, pre-season yes. But not regular season. But I could just be forgetting something. 

It wasn’t much, but in the 2nd to last game against the Giants, Wentz had a knee injury, (if I remember that correctly), that had him in the locker room before halftime. Chase Daniel played his only snaps of the season, then Wentz came back in after halftime and finished the game. 

10 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It wasn’t much, but in the 2nd to last game against the Giants, Wentz had a knee injury, (if I remember that correctly), that had him in the locker room before halftime. Chase Daniel played his only snaps of the season, then Wentz came back in after halftime and finished the game. 

I wouldn't count that, going out for a short period during a game then coming back. He played the entire season in 2016, something that he's only done 3 times in his 7 seasons. 

After this last injury, Carson Wentz will now be a backup QB the rest of his career. Or a VERY stupid team will try him out as a starter. But this really looks to be it for Wentz. A backup, or he retires early.

• Like 1

Was it still "stupid” to draft Hurts when we already had the great Commander Carson? Or did someone with actual football knowledge know he was a puss way back when and make the right call? You decide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Was it still "stupid” to draft Hurts when we already had the great Commander Carson? Or did someone with actual football knowledge know he was a puss way back when and make the right call? You decide.

Likely insurance. Doubt Howie thought Carson would be up in arms over drafting Jalen.

6 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Howie gave Wentz a $100 million contract right before that. So he believed in Wentz, but drafted insurance. He specifically said he could trade Hurts for picks as one of the defenses for the QB factory. 

It worked out. Now will Howie draft another insurance?

14 hours ago, Talonblood said:

After this last injury, Carson Wentz will now be a backup QB the rest of his career. Or a VERY stupid team will try him out as a starter. But this really looks to be it for Wentz. A backup, or he retires early.

The other option is a Doug Pederson (the QB) job.  He may find a job as a seat warmer for a top 10 pick.  That's arguably worse than a backup job though.  You are on a horrible team and even the home crowd is rooting for you to fail and get yanked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

The other option is a Doug Pederson (the QB) job.  He may find a job as a seat warmer for a top 10 pick.  That's arguably worse than a backup job though.  You are on a horrible team and even the home crowd is rooting for you to fail and get yanked.

Yep. I had a feeling he would not make it through this year as a starting QB. I still feel that way. Somethings gonna happen, unless he becomes the Ultimate Cinderella Story.

* Substitute Washington for Philly here- I don't have time to Photoshop it. 😂

ZO36TQWL75AT7NC37I454KT7RE.jpg

• Haha 3

No surprise the WTF look better now that he’s hurt.  Dude is finished, has been for years.

Time to retire and spend more time hunting, fishing and playing house, stuff he actually cares about unlike football.

• Like 2

I've never rooted for him to fail except for when he played against us this season. It sucks that his career has gone this way, but I don't think anyone expected him to turn it around with Washington (they're a terrible org). His career as a starter is likely done, but you never know.

Did you see that new Carson Wentz autobiography that details his experience being a backup quarterback for the Eagles the last few weeks of the 2020 season (and how he suspects he'll be a backup more in the future)?  He decided to use an alias on the cover.

Prince Harry's Memoir 'Spare' Will Be Released on January 10 | Vanity Fair

On 10/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, MF POON said:

I've never rooted for him to fail except for when he played against us this season. It sucks that his career has gone this way, but I don't think anyone expected him to turn it around with Washington (they're a terrible org). His career as a starter is likely done, but you never know.

Wentz has no one to blame, but himself for where he is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz has no one to blame, but himself for where he is. 

Exactly....he refused to do certain things to make himself better....and thought he was much better than he actually was.....I feel NO sympathy for him whatsoever....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GeorgeM37 said:

Exactly....he refused to do certain things to make himself better....and thought he was much better than he actually was.....I feel NO sympathy for him whatsoever....

I don’t think it’s a coincidence the Commanders are winning games since he left and it doesn’t have to do with the fact the team likes the other quarterback more. Hero ball Wentz still doesn’t seem to realize he doesn’t have that he needs to change his style of play. Funny so many of those idiots who were talking about how much Hurts is going to be hurt due to his style of play continuously defended Wentz when his stupid style of play constantly put him on the sidelines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/24/2022 at 4:15 AM, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

No big deal for me to admit I was wrong there. I thought, along with many others, that it was a wasted pick. I'm not inside the building, so I don't see what the FO/ownership see's. It looked like a stupid pick to a lot of people. Turns out it wasn't. Sheeeeet happens.

Wentz will never be the starter outright by choice (HC, OC, GM, Owner) again. He has used up all his lifelines. I hope he is getting himself ready for backup duty, injury to starter duty, blowout/ garbage time duty. Because he has played himself into his position.