GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-14-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look we should beat GB. We should beat Indy and we should beat Tenessee. The Cowboys game is a coin toss as is NY being division games. And we should beat the Bears. So there are absolutely wins on this schedule. Just need to correct things. 

we should have beat washington but we didn't

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A game like this was bound to happen...the luck had gone our way for far too long.  As painful and disappointing as it was to watch, there is a part of me that's glad our first loss is now behind us.  Hopefully this team stiffens up as a result of this embarrassment and focuses on the run defense and securing the football. 

As for the game itself, one of a thousand things happens differently and we're 9-0.  The stars just aligned against us tonight and all this team can do is take it as a lesson.

Still very bullish on this team and their chances.

I'm only pissed due to the poor calls, or lack thereof on the missed facemask. It only stings because two of those poor calls actually affected the outcome imo. 

6 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The defense was horrible, the first half was flat out embarrassing, allowing Washington to march up and down the field and keep the offense sat down.

Still and all the reffing in the second half is god awful, the face mask on Goedert, the official is looking straight at it unobstructed, I don't care he only sees it once at full speed, he has to see that, then the call on CGJ, even giving the benefit of the doubt the ref can only have thought McLaurin had a toe out of bounds, at very best it would've been a ticky tack pansy ass call.  The one call I couldn't disagree with was the roughing the passer, watching it real time, I knew Graham had screwed up, dudes as old as time he knows the rules inside out, he has no excuse.

Don't buy all the sky falling in nonsense in here, the team maybe needed to be knocked down a peg or two, got a bit high on their own farts, but that game gets reffed better and they sneak out with a win, if Quez Watkins just lays on the ball and chews some f'ing clock or if they take the penalty on third down rather than giving a guy who already hit a longer field goal another chance from 52, I think we sneak a win. It is what it is, I'd still take us to win most of our remaining games.

You get beat by this Washington team you deserve it, Gannon needs to get his crap together defending the run because this game was an embarrassment.

I still don't think the Graham play should've been flagged. They owed us one, and at that point in the game, I felt they should've acknowledged he held up and that the extra contact was sold well by Heinicke. But it didn't shock me that it was flagged due to how crappy they officiated throughout. 

We did kind of beat ourselves, and Gannon's defense got exposed. He did make adjustments that helped, but our run defense clearly needs Davis back.

7 hours ago, Talonblood said:

It's ok- denial helps one to survive trauma. I understand your delusion.

My whole statement was 100% fact.  Yes it was traumatic getting cheated out of an ugly win. 

2 hours ago, NYEagle said:

How about the play where the center snapped the ball 20 yards back, Heinicke went back, got it, still in between the hashes and threw it out of bounds not near a receiver.....I'm sorry, shouldn't that have been intentional grounding???  There were like 5 critical plays that the refs blew.

Yes!  I forgot about that one, was 100% intentional grounding....he was not out of the pocket. 

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

The Eagles D Coordinator had no answers to stop a mediocre Offense. SMH

when you are being bullied at the line of scrimmage in the run game no D coordinator has a answer for that your players have to man it up..

17 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

when you are being bullied at the line of scrimmage in the run game no D coordinator has a answer for that your players have to man it up..

Fair point.

Still pissed about the whole deal last night, piss poor defense, sloppy offense, typical bad special teams and horrendous officiating.  My concern is that the defense has not looked good over the last 2 weeks against teams that are terrible.  There needs to be a shift in the defense philosophy from waiting for the offense to screw up to putting pressure on the offense and forcing errors.  It doesn't need a complete overhaul, but some blitzes would be welcome and not playing off 20 yards would also be a nice change.

I was hard on Hurts because overall I think he played a decent game.  I still think he bails too quickly at times when he doesn't need to, but he is also still early in his career.  Not sure why we wait until the 2nd half to start running the ball but that needs to get started earlier, it opens so much more for the RPO and passing game when actual runs are a threat.

You can't do anything about bad officiating.  My opinion is that the non-facemask call did the most damage.  We would have had the ball at mid-field or just over mid-field trailing by only 2 points.  Instead, the Redskins get the ball, run off some time and get 3 points which was most likely a 6- or 10-point swing.

Hopefully this ends up being a good, motivating point in the season where they get their crap together and close out the season with momentum going into the playoffs.  First step is to crush the colts this weekend.

4 hours ago, TheLeadCommander said:

You can never challenge or change a no call in the NFL only calls made...BEEN that way since the NFL been in existence..

A) I didn't say that it should've been challenged, I said the rule was ridiculous. 

B) I'm not asking for them to be challengeable, it was a booth review of a turnover, it isn't a question of a challenge.

Where there is a clear and obvious safety foul like a facemask or head contact on a booth review the call should be made, it costs no game time and safety fouls are not a matter of ref interpretation like PI or holding, the ref was objectively wrong in not calling the face mask, and it should have made the fumble illegitimate, in much the same way as Goedert's knee being down would've.

I know what the rule is, the rule is horseshit and always has been.

18 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Still pissed about the whole deal last night, piss poor defense, sloppy offense, typical bad special teams and horrendous officiating.  My concern is that the defense has not looked good over the last 2 weeks against teams that are terrible.  There needs to be a shift in the defense philosophy from waiting for the offense to screw up to putting pressure on the offense and forcing errors.  It doesn't need a complete overhaul, but some blitzes would be welcome and not playing off 20 yards would also be a nice change.

I was hard on Hurts because overall I think he played a decent game.  I still think he bails too quickly at times when he doesn't need to, but he is also still early in his career.  Not sure why we wait until the 2nd half to start running the ball but that needs to get started earlier, it opens so much more for the RPO and passing game when actual runs are a threat.

You can't do anything about bad officiating.  My opinion is that the non-facemask call did the most damage.  We would have had the ball at mid-field or just over mid-field trailing by only 2 points.  Instead, the Redskins get the ball, run off some time and get 3 points which was most likely a 6- or 10-point swing.

Hopefully this ends up being a good, motivating point in the season where they get their crap together and close out the season with momentum going into the playoffs.  First step is to crush the colts this weekend.

Yeah I don't feel so bad about this game after reading more about it, I actually didn't watch the game and only heard it and it actually sounded a lot worse than it was. I don't think the Eagles will be suddenly turning the ball over 4 times every game. This was kind of an aberration. And the officiating will not always be this horrible. Anyways, that's why you always try to accumulate as many wins as you can, to make up for these type of games. There will always be these types of games. 

5 hours ago, NYEagle said:

How about the play where the center snapped the ball 20 yards back, Heinicke went back, got it, still in between the hashes and threw it out of bounds not near a receiver.....I'm sorry, shouldn't that have been intentional grounding??? 

This one was called correctly.

Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, who is outside, or has been outside, the tackle position,throws a forward pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including when the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or endline). If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage (extended) beyond the sideline, there is no intentional grounding.

Heinicke took a step outside the tackle box, threw it blatantly out of bounds, got it beyond the line of scrimmage even though the ref standing out of play had to step forward as it sailed behind him.... Not intentional grounding.

But go ahead and complain about the other botched calls. Especially the non-call facemask on Goedert. :furious:

50 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

A) I didn't say that it should've been challenged, I said the rule was ridiculous. 

B) I'm not asking for them to be challengeable, it was a booth review of a turnover, it isn't a question of a challenge.

Where there is a clear and obvious safety foul like a facemask or head contact on a booth review the call should be made, it costs no game time and safety fouls are not a matter of ref interpretation like PI or holding, the ref was objectively wrong in not calling the face mask, and it should have made the fumble illegitimate, in much the same way as Goedert's knee being down would've.

I know what the rule is, the rule is horseshit and always has been.

Exactly.  I mean they're literally sitting there reviewing the play in HD in slow motion, with an obvious blatant foul sitting right there in front of their faces in case they "missed" it in live time.  Whatever the "rule" is, choosing to ignore that part of the play which actually CAUSED the turnover was a gross miscarriage of justice and likely cost us the game. 

46 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah I don't feel so bad about this game after reading more about it, I actually didn't watch the game and only heard it and it actually sounded a lot worse than it was. I don't think the Eagles will be suddenly turning the ball over 4 times every game. This was kind of an aberration. And the officiating will not always be this horrible. Anyways, that's why you always try to accumulate as many wins as you can, to make up for these type of games. There will always be these types of games. 

While I agree with you, there shouldn't "always" be these types of games.  Referees should be held accountable and anything questionable that happens on the field should be reviewed or able to be challenged. 

4 hours ago, rrfierce said:

we should have beat washington but we didn't

Exactly! And that's why it's a should but we may not. This team now needs to come out and respond. 

I don’t like the idea that I’m defending Gannon here, but I don’t really know what else could have been done here? Fletcher Cox is getting blown off the ball by one defender now on run plays. They’re combo blocking to the second level and on top of that guys are missing tackles. How much on this is scheme and how much should be put on players for not executing? If the Eagles run blitz to the wrong hole then that five yard gain becomes a 60 yard gain. The defensive line got pushed around last night all game. Most of their tackles guys were being dragged. Ironically the commentators made such a big deal about linemen pushing and pulling running backs for first downs when we played the Texans, meanwhile Washington did it all game and no one bothered to care. Fletcher Cox basically let their rookie running back muscle him into a touchdown with his haphazard play. Fletcher has become such a liability as this season has dragged on. Quinn shouldn’t have been the guy they went after. They should’ve tried and get a big man in the middle who could help against the run. 

Eagles were due for a clunker of a game. Washington played really well. Eagles had uncharacteristic TO’s. All leads to a loss. 

Let’s just hope it doesn’t cascade and the 1 loss turns into 3 or 4 in a row. Especially now with the injury bug starting to bite the Eagles. Ugh!

Yeah looking at this as a negative nancy we could quite easily have 3 or 4 losses in a row to teams with elite backs that now know how to beat us.

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t like the idea that I’m defending Gannon here, but I don’t really know what else could have been done here? Fletcher Cox is getting blown off the ball by one defender now on run plays. They’re combo blocking to the second level and on top of that guys are missing tackles. How much on this is scheme and how much should be put on players for not executing? If the Eagles run blitz to the wrong hole then that five yard gain becomes a 60 yard gain. The defensive line got pushed around last night all game. Most of their tackles guys were being dragged. Ironically the commentators made such a big deal about linemen pushing and pulling running backs for first downs when we played the Texans, meanwhile Washington did it all game and no one bothered to care. Fletcher Cox basically let their rookie running back muscle him into a touchdown with his haphazard play. Fletcher has become such a liability as this season has dragged on. Quinn shouldn’t have been the guy they went after. They should’ve tried and get a big man in the middle who could help against the run. 

I was at the game. Didn't have a chance to re-watch it yet but would of stacked the box more. Especially on first down.

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

Yeah looking at this as a negative nancy we could quite easily have 3 or 4 losses in a row to teams with elite backs that now know how to beat us.

We were in that game with how the defense was playing. The offense will answer. The Goedert and Quez fumbles were huge. 

20 hours ago, BornGreen said:

Can’t wait to see how Travis Henry treats our LBs !  The key to beat the eagles is run. All they’ll do is run that freak right through us. 

I hope they start that MF.er he is old as sheet (44) :roll:

spacer.png

Archived