GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-14-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

The defense was horrible, the first half was flat out embarrassing, allowing Washington to march up and down the field and keep the offense sat down.

Still and all the reffing in the second half is god awful, the face mask on Goedert, the official is looking straight at it unobstructed, I don't care he only sees it once at full speed, he has to see that, then the call on CGJ, even giving the benefit of the doubt the ref can only have thought McLaurin had a toe out of bounds, at very best it would've been a ticky tack pansy ass call.  The one call I couldn't disagree with was the roughing the passer, watching it real time, I knew Graham had screwed up, dudes as old as time he knows the rules inside out, he has no excuse.

Don't buy all the sky falling in nonsense in here, the team maybe needed to be knocked down a peg or two, got a bit high on their own farts, but that game gets reffed better and they sneak out with a win, if Quez Watkins just lays on the ball and chews some f'ing clock or if they take the penalty on third down rather than giving a guy who already hit a longer field goal another chance from 52, I think we sneak a win. It is what it is, I'd still take us to win most of our remaining games.

You get beat by this Washington team you deserve it, Gannon needs to get his crap together defending the run because this game was an embarrassment.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a defense that can't tackle. Haven't been able to tackle all year. Gannon refuses to play hard nosed D and plays the Schwartz Soft Mush bullsheeeeet D that's disgusting to watch. I like the offense when the stupid coaches say "Oh yeah, mixing in the run words pretty good- I forgot-again." Gannon has to go, or this team won't make it past one playoff game. You are not winning in the playoffs with that D. One and done- unless something is done. Gannon's full game prevent defense prevents the Eagles from having a playoff D. They get away with regular season wins, but Gannon's D will kill them in the playoffs. The "just keep it all in front of you" mentality is bullsheeeeet.

Not sure why the Eagles offense refused to try and commit to running the ball today. Seemed like the two times they went deep on both occasions the receivers had the ball in their hands, but it still led to a turnover. 

Looks like the 2nd Half was even worse. Kudos to Ron Rivera for figuring out that our run defense sucks. Terrible performance all around. At least they'll probably go back to showing the games in the afternoon instead of this prime time crap. 

9 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

Looks like the 2nd Half was even worse. Kudos to Ron Rivera for figuring out that our run defense sucks. Terrible performance all around. At least they'll probably go back to showing the games in the afternoon instead of this prime time crap. 

Next home game is a night game

They played the way we like to play and Gibson/ McLaurin are actually good on offense..

This is the first time I can honestly say I miss watching Wentz.. 😄

Felt like a game where way too many things didn‘t go our way. And still we almost won it. Never want to see us lose but this one was encouraging in a way.. It‘s not going to be often that everything turns out like that. I rather get a game like this out of the way now, so come playoffs we are truly ready.

And Hurts delivered some really good throws! I love Brown, he‘s awesome - but let‘s just say he had a bad game. And the Watkins fumble really hurt us..

Yes, we should win at home against Washington. But this may be ok if they feel the pain now. I still think this team is really good.

23 minutes ago, Infam said:

And Hurts delivered some really good throws! I love Brown, he‘s awesome - but let‘s just say he had a bad game. And the Watkins fumble really hurt us..

Watkins fumble was the game. I’m yelling at the tv for him to stay down. He’s gets up and of course fumbles. Washington was too physical for us. Brown had issues with everything, footing, injured, Fueller playing his best. Sucks the first L comes from these clowns but we need to toughen up and hopefully this gets into their heads now. 

7 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

The D did have a rough day, I'm not arguing against that.  Time of possession was embarrassing.  But we got some horrible spots plus the two calls at the end to finish us off.  The BS 15 yarder on Gardner-Johnson for tackling a guy in bounds 😂 You can't ref that bad in a close game.  We shouldn't have to lose to officiating just because we have an off game. 

How about the play where the center snapped the ball 20 yards back, Heinicke went back, got it, still in between the hashes and threw it out of bounds not near a receiver.....I'm sorry, shouldn't that have been intentional grounding???  There were like 5 critical plays that the refs blew.

And I understand the concern on turnovers but....the Goedert fumble shouldn't have been a fumble, call the face mask penalty and no turnover.  The Watkins play was one of those freak turnovers.....the bad turnover was the pass from Hurts......the NFL is a freaky machine.  Between the refs and game killing turnovers, is was too much to overcome.  Now that being said, too much to overcome was solely caused by that wuss Gannon.  He still continues to be a major issue.

16 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

the bad turnover was the pass from Hurts

And even that Brown had it in his hands. This was a game of anything that could go wrong would go wrong. 

Poor performance all around except for Elliot who kicked well and maybe Sanders who ran well but didn't get many chances with only 12 carries. The Eagles earned that "L".

The #1 failure in a pile of them was Coach Gannon's soft approach to defense. Shameful on his part and an embarrassment on national tv. He should apologize to everyone in the presser for his fear induced abject failure of a game plan and play calling. 

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

We have a defense that can't tackle. Haven't been able to tackle all year. Gannon refuses to play hard nosed D and plays the Schwartz Soft Mush bullsheeeeet D that's disgusting to watch. I like the offense when the stupid coaches say "Oh yeah, mixing in the run words pretty good- I forgot-again." Gannon has to go, or this team won't make it past one playoff game. You are not winning in the playoffs with that D. One and done- unless something is done. Gannon's full game prevent defense prevents the Eagles from having a playoff D. They get away with regular season wins, but Gannon's D will kill them in the playoffs. The "just keep it all in front of you" mentality is bullsheeeeet.

Agree 100%.  How is this toad not stacking the box and/or blitzing in the first half when you've got an XFL (!) player under center, handing the ball off 100 times?!  On the flip side, Steichen reverts to his "All Pass" scheme and, even though we score, basically give Washington double our TOP on a silver platter.  crap coaching on both sides of the ball, crap tackling, crap turnovers, DB's giving up all kinds of catches, AJ Brown going MIA....and that's not even counting the horrific officiating.  Ugh.

While we're on the reffing, it is beyond ridiculous that the NFL has video replays on incidents like that Goedert turnover but can only adjudicate on whether he was down by contact, and not the blatant uncalled foul that everyone watching on television and on the giant f'ing screen in the Linc can see happening on replay.

A facemask as egregious as that is not a subjective rule requiring interpretation by the ref, it's a black and white safety foul and 15 Yards.

7 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

5 point win with heavy assistance from the refs is an ass kicking?

Exact same thing I said....some people are just being emotional instead of looking at this game objectively....

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

While we're on the reffing, it is beyond ridiculous that the NFL has video replays on incidents like that Goedert turnover but can only adjudicate on whether he was down by contact, and not the blatant uncalled foul that everyone watching on television and on the giant f'ing screen in the Linc can see happening on replay.

A facemask as egregious as that is not a subjective rule requiring interpretation by the ref, it's a black and white safety foul and 15 Yards.

You can never challenge or change a no call in the NFL only calls made...BEEN that way since the NFL been in existence..

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The defense was horrible, the first half was flat out embarrassing, allowing Washington to march up and down the field and keep the offense sat down.

Still and all the reffing in the second half is god awful, the face mask on Goedert, the official is looking straight at it unobstructed, I don't care he only sees it once at full speed, he has to see that, then the call on CGJ, even giving the benefit of the doubt the ref can only have thought McLaurin had a toe out of bounds, at very best it would've been a ticky tack pansy ass call.  The one call I couldn't disagree with was the roughing the passer, watching it real time, I knew Graham had screwed up, dudes as old as time he knows the rules inside out, he has no excuse.

Don't buy all the sky falling in nonsense in here, the team maybe needed to be knocked down a peg or two, got a bit high on their own farts, but that game gets reffed better and they sneak out with a win, if Quez Watkins just lays on the ball and chews some f'ing clock or if they take the penalty on third down rather than giving a guy who already hit a longer field goal another chance from 52, I think we sneak a win. It is what it is, I'd still take us to win most of our remaining games.

You get beat by this Washington team you deserve it, Gannon needs to get his crap together defending the run because this game was an embarrassment.

We just might as well have Gym Shorts back because its the same sh!t we are seeing, this nonsense "bend don't break" philosophy and it makes my arse itch just to watch it.....why oh WHY can we not get someone that has that Jim Johnson mentality??? Damn I miss JJ....I absolutely hate this defensive scheme....its been a problem all season long its just that the offense kind of hid it because they were so fun to watch.....

This was their Super Bowl.

Eagles aren't gonna forget them mocking them with their song.

17 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

You can never challenge or change a no call in the NFL only calls made...BEEN that way since the NFL been in existence..

Not entirely true. A team can challenge a QB throwing a pass beyond the LOS if it’s not called. You can also challenge 12 men if not called. 

12 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

We just might as well have Gym Shorts back because its the same sh!t we are seeing, this nonsense "bend don't break" philosophy and it makes my arse itch just to watch it.....why oh WHY can we not get someone that has that Jim Johnson mentality??? Damn I miss JJ....I absolutely hate this defensive scheme....its been a problem all season long its just that the offense kind of hid it because they were so fun to watch.....

At least run d was solid w gym

6 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

At least run d was solid w gym

I cant even disagree with that.....

Still waiting for someone to explain how the snap over Heinicke's head wasn't Intentional Grounding.......

Archived