GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-14-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

10 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

He did pull up though.  Not sure the exact rule but he didn't spear, helmet to helmet, launch, nothing.  I find it hard to believe it's a rule that you literally can't lay a finger on the QB even if it's just to make sure he's down by contact otherwise it's a 15 yard roughing the passer?

He wasn't just making sure he was down. He dove into him so it was more thsn just "laying a finger"  It wasn't a hard hit by any means but he did dive into him well after he gave himself up. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

Back on track next week, no doubt

I think they've got to. Defeat next weekend to Indy could be disastrous. 

Just now, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

The D did have a rough day, I'm not arguing against that.  Time of possession was embarrassing.  But we got some horrible spots plus the two calls at the end to finish us off.  The BS 15 yarder on Gardner-Johnson for tackling a guy in bounds 😂 You can't ref that bad in a close game.  We shouldn't have to lose to officiating just because we have an off game. 

I agree we got really bad breaks and we were are own worst enemy with our mistakes in the end as well. However, if we did end up pulling this out, would we really consider this a good outing? I know a win is a win, but struggling badly against the Commies nearly all game and watching them expose all our weaknesses with avg. players is disconcerting. Rivera schooled us with a sub par team imo. 

Just now, Southparkeagles said:

I agree we got really bad breaks and we were are own worst enemy with our mistakes in the end as well. However, if we did end up pulling this out, would we really consider this a good outing? I know a win is a win, but struggling badly against the Commies nearly all game and watching them expose all our weaknesses with avg. players is disconcerting. Rivera schooled us with a sub par team imo. 

I mean yes we'd have come away feeling disappointed with another bad performance but a win is a win. 9-0 going on the road to Indy looks a lot lot better. Now we face the prospect of losing back to back games and then playing GB who just beat Dallas. 

21 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

5 point win with heavy assistance from the refs is an ass kicking?

It was an ass kicking bro no matter how you spin it

Next week we come out pissed off and embarrassed.  We put it all together, O, D, and all 4 quarters.  I’m 100000% confident that we MIGHT win next week.lol

edit: except ST. I don’t have any hope for ST.

1 minute ago, 44>eagles<44 said:

Next week we come out pissed off and embarrassed.  We put it all together, O, D, and all 4 quarters.  I’m 100000% confident that we MIGHT win next week.lol

I hope you are right. This team needs to now show that they are angry and that they want to rectify a bad loss. They need to come out ready and hot. Next week is the time to put a beat down on a team. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yes we'd have come away feeling disappointed with another bad performance but a win is a win. 9-0 going on the road to Indy looks a lot lot better. Now we face the prospect of losing back to back games and then playing GB who just beat Dallas. 

I felt Indy would’ve been our first loss a couple weeks back. So I agree, especially with our run D being badly exposed that this will be our 2nd as well. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah it was definitely embarrassing. 

Just now, Southparkeagles said:

I felt Indy would’ve been our first loss a couple weeks back. So I agree, especially with our run D being badly exposed that this will be our 2nd as well. 

I hope not because we then face GB who could be slightly rejuvenated by then. We need to win on Sunday. Otherwise I mean things could get tricky. If we lose on Sunday you start to wonder where the next win might come. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope not because we then face GB who could be slightly rejuvenated by then. We need to win on Sunday. Otherwise I mean things could get tricky. If we lose on Sunday you start to wonder where the next win might come. 

I actually think we beat GB, but we need to pressure Rodgers constantly like most teams have been doing. Of course, there’s the issue of Gannon………….. so yea, I may have to rethink that. 😁

4 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

I actually think we beat GB, but we need to pressure Rodgers constantly like most teams have been doing. Of course, there’s the issue of Gannon………….. so yea, I may have to rethink that. 😁

If I can call the weak spots on the defense watching from my couch, Rodgers will be able to play on one leg and for us up, especially with two hard to tackle RBs. 

11 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

It was an ass kicking bro no matter how you spin it

AND THAT IT WAS....

2 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

AND THAT IT WAS....

Honestly I ain't even mad. No one ever thought we would go undefeated so it was due. I'd much rather take an L from a crap team vs one of the better playoff contenders. 

3 minutes ago, GoEagles614 said:

If I can call the weak spots on the defense watching from my couch, Rodgers will be able to play on one leg and for us up, especially with two hard to tackle RBs. 

I’m not going to argue with anything you wrote, but I don’t think they have the WRs to seal the deal. The RBs do pose a challenge and I can’t assume our guys will be any better than they were today, but I think they’ll compete and that may be good enough. 

37 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

What?  They lost by 5 points after getting cheated on 2 calls in the 4th quarter.  That's hardly getting your ass kicked...

This is the problem with you guys, you don't even know an arse kicking when you see one......you think it's about points.

3 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Honestly I ain't even mad. No one ever thought we would go undefeated so it was due. I'd much rather take an L from a crap team vs one of the better playoff contenders. 

Commanders are a playoff contender...JUST FOR THE RECORD

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

This is the problem with you guys, you don't even know an arse kicking when you see one......you think it's about points.

DING DING DING  we have a winner...

10 minutes ago, TheLeadCommander said:

Commanders are a playoff contender...JUST FOR THE RECORD

Only until they're eliminated. Giants twice, 49ers, and Cowboys again. With 5 losses they'll have to basically run the table and win out but can't afford to take another L or 2. The Eagles are a full 4 games ahead and the Giants 3 games and Cowboys 2 games up. They're not winning the division and will have a tough time climbing to second or 3rd place. 

1 minute ago, Heavywchamp said:

Only until they're eliminated. Giants twice, 49ers, and Cowboys again. With 5 losses they'll have to basically run the table and win out but can't afford to take another L or 2. The Eagles are a full 4 games ahead and the Giants and Cowboys 2 games up. They're not winning the division and will have a tough time climbing to second or 3rd place. 

OK

23 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Heh....well the game is won with points.  And when they allow a turnover caused by a blatant severe face mask to decide a 5 point game, yeah sorry that's not an ass kicking...

2 hours ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

5 point win with heavy assistance from the refs is an ass kicking?

It's ok- denial helps one to survive trauma. I understand your delusion.

2 hours ago, TheLeadCommander said:

YES SIR....TOTALLLY DOMINATED PUNCHED THE EAGLES STRAIGHT IN THE MOUTH,,

Like your caps. 

2 hours ago, opa-opa said:

It's kind of crazy how a rookie is already one of the most important players on this team. Get well soon JD.

An entire defense can't tackle, and you point to a rookie as the solution? 🤣 💩

1 hour ago, Southparkeagles said:

I mean look we should beat GB. We should beat Indy and we should beat Tenessee. The Cowboys game is a coin toss as is NY being division games. And we should beat the Bears. So there are absolutely wins on this schedule. Just need to correct things. 

Heineke is such a **** for that BS take a knee like a little **** afraid to be hit garbage.  F you!  I am decline the trade offer in fantasy I had that would have included you because your giant gaping V. 

Archived