GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-14-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

17 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

No, I'm talking about the Commanders came into the Eagles house and kicked their asses on national tv. Not sure what you were watching, but that's your business.

5 point win with heavy assistance from the refs is an ass kicking?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

5 point win with heavy assistance from the refs is an ass kicking?

I think it was one of those where during the game it felt more like an ass kicking than the score suggested. First half was about as bad as it could have been. WAS is not a good team and they handled us for large periods. 

We will regroup and be better from this.   NFC BEAST games always have a crazy energy to them.  Commanders had a pretty good game plan.   As for the Refs, I said what I said.  They were all over the place.   Short week and they're back on the road to Indy.   Clean up the mistakes and lets keep this rolling.   

1 minute ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah I said this before, but how do you not gameplan for or at least have a counter to them running it down our throats, which is what almost every team will be doing to us from now on.

That's on the coaching staff.

Especially since the same thing happened their last game. I could maybe give a pass if this was the first game without Davis but it wasn't. Gannon had 11 days or so to figure something out and he failed.

2 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Yeah I said this before, but how do you not gameplan for or at least have a counter to them running it down our throats, which is what almost every team will be doing to us from now on.

That's on the coaching staff.

I don’t understand how an NFL defensive coordinator can keep his job with as much talent as the Eagles have, he maximizes the pressure put on the players, forces any positivity out of the defense to be from extremely talented plays, and does nothing to confuse a competent QB or offensive line. He’s awful and has all of the talent to show his skill. His scheme has been the worst part of this team all season, and I give props to the players for saving his butt for this long. 

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

Especially since the same thing happened their last game. I could maybe give a pass if this was the first game without Davis but it wasn't. Gannon had 11 days or so to figure something out and he failed.

Because he's not creative and he doesn't have answers. We saw this all of last year where QBs carved us apart. I don't know why he's so highly regarded because he's shown nothing really. Better results this year are as a result of bringing in better players and not Gannon. 

5 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

It was a pansy call but the ref was standing right over it. By rule it's a foul 100%  He had plenty of time to pull up after he saw him take a knee. Everyone else did. A 14 year vet, he doesn't get a pass. That's some crap Barnett would do. 

He did pull up though.  Not sure the exact rule but he didn't spear, helmet to helmet, launch, nothing.  I find it hard to believe it's a rule that you literally can't lay a finger on the QB even if it's just to make sure he's down by contact otherwise it's a 15 yard roughing the passer?

1 minute ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

What?  They lost by 5 points after getting cheated on 2 calls in the 4th quarter.  That's hardly getting your ass kicked...

Considering the competition the Eagles got brutalized on D. They were reeling early on and the Birds didn’t control the ball for 6 mins in the first half. That’s called being schooled - they were out coached and their D couldn’t get off the field for most of the game - against Taylor Heineke and two avg RBs. They were lucky to have an opportunity to win in the end, but the Commies toyed with this team offensively for most of the game. They executed their plan to simply win and they did. As a sub-par divisional rival, I feel they beat us soundly. 

1 minute ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

He did pull up though.  Not sure the exact rule but he didn't spear, helmet to helmet, launch, nothing.  I find it hard to believe it's a rule that you literally can't lay a finger on the QB even if it's just to make sure he's down by contact otherwise it's a 15 yard roughing the passer?

Especially when we watch Hurts get massacred when he gives himself up and they just keep it pushing. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think it was one of those where during the game it felt more like an ass kicking than the score suggested. First half was about as bad as it could have been. WAS is not a good team and they handled us for large periods. 

Yeah that long drive in the second quarter they had on us was ugly for sure.  But the BS call on Gardner-Johnson, Goedert face mask, roughing the passer.  All trash calls in a super close game is inexcusable. 

Wasn't he outside the pocket and considered a runner at that point?

Dust ourselves off and make up for this unbelievably embarrassing loss next week.  I’m hoping they get schmoked at practice this week.  Tackling, tackling, and more tackling.  I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen an Eagles team tackle so badly, all freaking year too.  I’m used to seeing other teams not wrapping up, but not our guys.  Run em all day too.
By the players calculations we are now 0-1, and in last place.  Next week it’s do or die.  I’m thinking they come back 🔥 next week.  

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But part of the reason they didn't have the ball that much was because they didn't run the ball and sustain drives. First 2 drives were TDs and then it was punts and turnovers for a few drives. 

I mean they only punted 3 times, one of which right at the end. Balance should have been better, but this one is very much on the D and turnovers.

Yeah that long drive in the second quarter they had on us was ugly for sure.  But the BS call on Gardner-Johnson, Goedert face mask, roughing the passer.  All trash calls in a super close game is inexcusable. 

Oh I agree bud. The officials played a role in our loss today. But execution on both sides of the ball is what cost us tonight. They need to clean that up because that's 5 turnovers in 2 games.

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

I mean they only punted 3 times, one of which right at the end. Balance should have been better, but this one is very much on the D and turnovers.

D, turnovers and Gannon. I know Gannon is DC so could be included in D but I feel he needs to be separated out from that a little. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's probably going to and so we are going to need to run the ball well and sustain long drives. We need to keep him off the field because I don't see any way we can limit him. 

Every week you always think that they’ll start off with a balanced offense cause if they don’t it’ll bite them In the arse eventually. And then they don’t, but they all of a sudden find out they can run the ball in the 2nd half. 
Steichen and Siri are as stubborn as Gannon. I really would like them to be balanced throughout the game, but we know that’s probably not going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

Considering the competition the Eagles got brutalized on D. They were reeling early on and the Birds didn’t control the ball for 6 mins in the first half. That’s called being schooled - they were out coached and their D couldn’t get off the field for most of the game - against Taylor Heineke and two avg RBs. They were lucky to have an opportunity to win in the end, but the Commies toyed with this team offensively for most of the game. They executed their plan to simply win and they did. As a sub-par divisional rival, I feel they beat us soundly. 

The D did have a rough day, I'm not arguing against that.  Time of possession was embarrassing.  But we got some horrible spots plus the two calls at the end to finish us off.  The BS 15 yarder on Gardner-Johnson for tackling a guy in bounds 😂 You can't ref that bad in a close game.  We shouldn't have to lose to officiating just because we have an off game. 

50 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Couldn't agree more. Gannon is not a good DC and I hope he does get a HC job this year. I don't think he'll be hard to replace. 

If he doesn’t, he deserves to be fired. All that talent and you hang your team out to fry every week. 
 His job is to put players in successful positions and hide weaknesses, instead we have to rely on anomaly elite plays by players, otherwise we get nickel and dimes down the field. As we saw tonight. 

They won because it wasn’t Wentz lol. Any competent QB knows his progressions when you show the pre-snap, and do nothing to hide it. All of the film and information throughout the history of football, and your game plan is to make the QB comfortable, rush 4, and make sure you don’t get hands on receivers lol. 

3 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Wasn't he outside the pocket and considered a runner at that point?

Good question can't remember his exact spot.  But Graham was clearly just making sure he was down by contact and pulling back. 

Just now, GoEagles614 said:

If he doesn’t, he deserves to be fired. All that talent and you hang your team out to fry every week. 
 His job is to put players in successful positions and hide weaknesses, instead we have to rely on anomaly elite plays by players, otherwise we get nickel and dimes down the field. As we saw tonight. 

I'd be absolutely fine with him being fired to be honest. Do I think he's been better this year? Yeah he has and we shouldn't overlook that after one loss. But we have seen issues with this D and we haven't seen a lot of creativity from him. I just don't see this really creative good coach. 

Well I said a couple of hours ago when it was 14-7 that I said it was one of those games which I meant was a game where the eagles opponent stats hot but the eagles pull away. Well that didn’t happen and I don’t know about this "glad the 17-0 talk is over.” Being seen as a positive but I’ll be curious of the response from the team next Sunday. It can’t be a steelers a few years ago where they went I think 11-0 and then crap the bed down the stretch. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd be absolutely fine with him being fired to be honest. Do I think he's been better this year? Yeah he has and we shouldn't overlook that after one loss. But we have seen issues with this D and we haven't seen a lot of creativity from him. I just don't see this really creative good coach. 

We added a top 10 pick, Bradbury, and GJ to the defense, it should look better. I don’t give him the credit, I think these guys have played out of their minds despite his incompetence. 

Just now, GoEagles614 said:

We added a top 10 pick, Bradbury, and GJ to the defense, it should look better. I don’t give him the credit, I think these guys have played out of their minds despite his incompetence. 

I give him some credit because the D has been better. I don't think it's right to put it all on him when we lose but then not give some recognition when the results are better. But I don't think he's good and I don't see what the NFL fuss is about with him. 

Any defensive coordinator who allows an offense to dictate the game, should not be employed in the NFL. Gannon does the consistently. I need someone who wants to get physical with reciever and show exotic looks, especially on passing situations. 

24 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

because it wasn't a real penalty? 

Clearly it was. I knew the flag was coming immediately. 

Archived