GDT: Washington Commanders @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-14-22, 8:15 PM EST

EagleJoe8

20 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Still waiting for someone to explain how the snap over Heinicke's head wasn't Intentional Grounding.......

He got it back to the line of scrimmage and was out of the pocket, it does not matter how far back he was

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t like the idea that I’m defending Gannon here, but I don’t really know what else could have been done here? Fletcher Cox is getting blown off the ball by one defender now on run plays. They’re combo blocking to the second level and on top of that guys are missing tackles. How much on this is scheme and how much should be put on players for not executing? If the Eagles run blitz to the wrong hole then that five yard gain becomes a 60 yard gain. The defensive line got pushed around last night all game. Most of their tackles guys were being dragged. Ironically the commentators made such a big deal about linemen pushing and pulling running backs for first downs when we played the Texans, meanwhile Washington did it all game and no one bothered to care. Fletcher Cox basically let their rookie running back muscle him into a touchdown with his haphazard play. Fletcher has become such a liability as this season has dragged on. Quinn shouldn’t have been the guy they went after. They should’ve tried and get a big man in the middle who could help against the run. 

Every time he is missing the same picture: Maddox is important. Very underestimated piece of this defense just like Davis. 

Bet when both are back (glad they will be) things look different right away. 

31 minutes ago, EagleMatt said:

My question is..

Why did we only have 4rb rushes at the start of the 3rd?

Your eagles never trailed going into halftime this season your OC panicked because the 2nd qtr was the time your offense exploded normally this season it didn't happen in this game it was foreign territory for the OC...Then the commanders proceeded to punch the eagles in the mouth...HENCE a W for the COMMANDERS...

1 hour ago, TheLeadCommander said:

Your eagles never trailed going into halftime this season your OC panicked because the 2nd qtr was the time your offense exploded normally this season it didn't happen in this game it was foreign territory for the OC...Then the commanders proceeded to punch the eagles in the mouth...HENCE a W for the COMMANDERS...

No panic, just bad play calling.  For some reason we still tend to get pass happy whether ahead or behind and it’s usually to our own detriment.  We shot ourselves in the foot.  Feel blessed our coaches had a brain fart (no panic) and forgot about our run game.  Nobody has stopped us there yet, and you wouldn’t have either.  Also, let’s be honest, you got major assistance from terrible calls at the worst times too.  All this being said,  congrats.  You managed to score more points than us.  I can’t stand excuses, blaming refs and all dat, but consider yourselves lucky.  You have a competitive team but as our teams stand right now, we beat you at least 7 out of 10 times.  Without a plethora of events/big breaks…I’m done.  You escaped with a win, congrats. Bizarro game.  According to the teams philosophy we’re 0-1.  So next week I think we’ll be 1-0, again.

Edit forget everything I said.  We actually lost because I’m a noob here and the "kiss of death”.  I’m taking the L.

On 11/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, NYEagle said:

How about the play where the center snapped the ball 20 yards back, Heinicke went back, got it, still in between the hashes and threw it out of bounds not near a receiver.....I'm sorry, shouldn't that have been intentional grounding???  There were like 5 critical plays that the refs blew.

When Heinicke has time to recover a ball that was snapped over his head, you know the D is not playing with full intensity. 

On 11/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, NYEagle said:

How about the play where the center snapped the ball 20 yards back, Heinicke went back, got it, still in between the hashes and threw it out of bounds not near a receiver.....I'm sorry, shouldn't that have been intentional grounding???  There were like 5 critical plays that the refs blew.

When Heinicke has time to recover a ball that was snapped over his head, you know the D is not playing with full intensity. 

Archived