Quez Watkins

bigdog54

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So why are you trying to claim the Quez and OZ situations are the same when they aren’t?

I have no idea what you are even talking about now. What claim did I make that you are referring to?

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah and you think that 101 passer rating was due to your boy Quez when his passer rating throwing to Quez last season was an 80? :facepalm:

FWIW, Quez' "passer rating" was considerably higher when Hurts was throwing. In the 2 games Minshew started, Quez was targeted 6 times, had 1 catch for 17 yards and 2 of those passes were intercepted. In other words, the passer rating on those 6 passes would have been 0. I'm not trying to absolve Quez of his poor play in those games, but point out that when Hurts played, Quez actually produced a much higher passer rating when targeted. 

Also, FWIW, Quez currently has a 102 passer rating when targeted this season. Oz has a 149.3. Swift has a dismal 34.5 after that INT Monday. I mean, we're talking about some really small samples there, so we shouldn't make too much of any of them. I think you get a more complete picture once a player is targeted around 30 times. 

22 hours ago, brkmsn said:

I have no idea what you are even talking about now. What claim did I make that you are referring to?

FWIW, Quez' "passer rating" was considerably higher when Hurts was throwing. In the 2 games Minshew started, Quez was targeted 6 times, had 1 catch for 17 yards and 2 of those passes were intercepted. In other words, the passer rating on those 6 passes would have been 0. I'm not trying to absolve Quez of his poor play in those games, but point out that when Hurts played, Quez actually produced a much higher passer rating when targeted. 

Also, FWIW, Quez currently has a 102 passer rating when targeted this season. Oz has a 149.3. Swift has a dismal 34.5 after that INT Monday. I mean, we're talking about some really small samples there, so we shouldn't make too much of any of them. I think you get a more complete picture once a player is targeted around 30 times. 

Your ridiculous claim that somehow people are treating Quez and his screw ups differently from OZ which is funny considering you're here writing about sample sizes. You're here making a big deal about that drop in the end zone when OZ made up for it and the team won, but you're mad people rip Quez because all of Quez's big mistake games led to losses. That's one of the major reasons why people have issue with your boy to begin with. He's come up small in big moments. If Quez produced so high then he would not have been delegated to being a much lower option. Quez's passer rating for last season was 80 for both quarterbacks. Sorry, but I'm not buying 6 targets being the reason he had a paltry 80. It certainly wasn't Minshew's fault he put the ball right in the hands of Quez and that guy let it get wrestled from him TWICE! Enough with the bs excuses. This guy needs to play better period and sitting on the sidelines isn't helping his cause or your lame excuses.

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Quez's passer rating for last season was 80 for both quarterbacks. Sorry, but I'm not buying 6 targets being the reason he had a paltry 80. It certainly wasn't Minshew's fault he put the ball right in the hands of Quez and that guy let it get wrestled from him TWICE!

First of all, I acknowledged that Quez played poorly in the two Minshew starts. I'm not blaming anybody except Quez for Quez' performance. However, you tried to be cute and typed:

On 9/28/2023 at 4:05 PM, brkmsn said:

Yeah and you think that 101 passer rating was due to your boy Quez when his passer rating throwing to Quez last season was an 80? :facepalm:

So I went back and figured it up to end the debate. Quez' passer rating when targeted in Minshew's 2 starts was a big fat Zero. But how did Watkins' production during the Hurts games affect Jalen's passer rating? Here are the numbers:

45 targets, 32 receptions, 335 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT (obviously the INT happened when Watkins was the target). Plug those number into a passer rating calculator and you get a passer rating of 105.32 when targeted by Hurts. The data backs up that Watkins did, in fact, bolster Hurts' passer rating (101).  LOL 

It's funny how sure you were of yourself when you typed that. :roll:

Obviously, Watkins poor performance vs Dallas tanked Minshew's overall passer rating. Minshew finished the season with an 83.4 rating. If you subtract 6 attempts, 1 completion, 17 yards and 2 INTs from Minshew's stats, his QB rating would be 100.06. 

Came here to watch people argue about the guys that are 5th and 6th on the progressions list :excited:

Running out of things to argue about I guess lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, judunno said:

Came here to watch people argue about the guys that are 5th and 6th on the progressions list :excited:

Running out of things to argue about I guess lol.

It’s true. Why do bums like Barnett and Watkins have threads at all? So many better players on this roster deserve this attention. Penny should be next. 😂🤣😂

44 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s true. Why do bums like Barnett and Watkins have threads at all? So many better players on this roster deserve this attention. Penny should be next. 😂🤣😂

Once passer ratings when targeting a guy like twice a game comes up you know a thread has gone too far lmao 

• Haha 2

I’ll wait for the guys to tell me to stop trashing the great Quez. Let’s talk about that elite speed he used to run right out of bounds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:26 PM, judunno said:

Once passer ratings when targeting a guy like twice a game comes up you know a thread has gone too far lmao 

I can’t help it. They keep acting like this scrub is essential. 😂

• Like 1

Maybe Howie can deal for a slot receiver. Watkins can’t be the starter. He’s eventually going to cost us a game. 

I have to wonder if Jalen just missed this scrub or did he just say to himself that he’d rather throw to a completely covered Smith than a wide open Twinkle Toes. 😂🤣😂

• Like 2

Welcome back to the IM OVER QUEZ WATKINS channel. This week, he Fed up the EASIEST wr screen you’ll ever see by running out of bounds. 

I’m sure contrarians will point to the one play he was open and hurts didn’t throw him the ball. 

well…… can you blame him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Welcome back to the IM OVER QUEZ WATKINS channel. This week, he Fed up the EASIEST wr screen you’ll ever see by running out of bounds. 

I’m sure contrarians will point to the one play he was open and hurts didn’t throw him the ball. 

well…… can you blame him?

spacer.png

A layup, but he clanked it off the top of the shot clock lmao. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GoEagles614 said:

spacer.png

A layup, but he clanked it off the top of the shot clock lmao. 

He didn’t even fight after the contact. He just let him take him out of bounds. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

He didn’t even fight after the contact. He just let him take him out of bounds. 

Litterly ran to the only spot he could get tackled short of the first down. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Litterly ran to the only spot he could get tackled short of the first down. 

I'm not sure why they run that play so often, I mentioned last year the neither Watkins nor Smith runs it worth a damn.

It seems as though Watkin had two opportunities to cut that play up, the first was when the DE and LBs were pursuing from the inside, he probably would have been short there, the second was at the point the two DBs were being blocked, not sure if he would have made the 1st thee either but he should have attempted. 

One thing is for sure, he wasn't going to get the corner and 9 times out of 10 both he and Smith tries to turn the corner......this is a matter of the heart. 

Head Coach Siri was PISSED at Quez, caught on camera cursing about it, and in press conference acknowledged it was a situation they need to clean up (meaning, Quez messed up and will hear about it).

There is no logical reason to go on for pages defending a play that was clearly a mistake.  You don't have to crucify the guy over it either, players make mistakes. But Quez has been more of a problem and declined.  He's not adding value.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Quez is the new JJAW.

THIS is the most disrespectful thing I’ve ever read about Quez. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1