Quez Watkins

bigdog54

"The sideline discussion, I want you all to know that's what it was, a discussion," Brown said. "It's a game that we both love and I want everybody to understand that sometimes emotions are high and that's kind of what happened. That doesn't mean it's the end of the world. That doesn't mean I'm beefing with Jalen.

"And no, it was not about targets. I’m sure everybody thought that because he threw me the ball three times in a row afterwards. But no, I was not over there discussing targets. It was about something that happened earlier and we were having a discussion about it.

"I know everybody took that out of context, but it’s not a big deal. Me and him are still on the same page, we’re still trying to grow, be great, and get wins most importantly."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/j-brown-sideline-discussion-qb-190018892.html

Going to give the players the benefit of doubt here. So it feels like this situation has been completely overblown, and far too many were making assumptions. Oh and it’s nothing like a guy who claims he’s elite but can’t even practice. 

Looks like Mr. Elite won’t be playing. All that defending him too. Someone should really stop backing all of these mediocre players. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Looks like Mr. Elite won’t be playing. All that defending him too. Someone should really stop backing all of these mediocre players. 

Oh no! The injury will keep him out another game! He must be terrible!

I'll back everybody on the team that goes at there and helps us win games. A majority of our players are mediocre --- just like every team in the NFL. I love team sports. Too bad you aren't a tennis fan, then it would be really easy for you to pick and choose the players you root for. 

OZ went out there and got himself a TD. Uh oh. Somebody better tell Mr. Elite he needs to get back out there. :whistle:

18 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

OZ went out there and got himself a TD. Uh oh. Somebody better tell Mr. Elite he needs to get back out there. :whistle:

Overall, he had his best game so far. I thought that first endzone pass hit him in the helmet, but I'll have to rewatch it later (maybe it was deflected?)

But this is what we want to see:

Still, I don't know why you're mocking a guy that is injured. 

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Overall, he had his best game so far. I thought that first endzone pass hit him in the helmet, but I'll have to rewatch it later (maybe it was deflected?)

But this is what we want to see:

Still, I don't know why you're mocking a guy that is injured. 

That’s your perspective. My perspective is I just want to see the guy you have been defending to no end. Can fast Batman earn his elite moniker? Will you continue to defend him regardless?  

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s your perspective. My perspective is I just want to see the guy you have been defending to no end. Can fast Batman earn his elite moniker? Will you continue to defend him regardless?  

I want to see the Eagles win every game. I don't quite understand why an Eagles fan gets his jollies bashing and/or mocking players after every win. But, hey ... you do you.

Just now, brkmsn said:

I want to see the Eagles win every game. I don't quite understand why an Eagles fan gets his jollies bashing and/or mocking players after every win. But, hey ... you do you.

Where did I write I don’t want to see the Eagles win? I just noted that you overhype mediocre to bum players. You love seeing these scabs out there. I don’t don’t, because I don’t think they help the Eagles win. You think mediocre players HELP THE EAGLES WIN. Don’t talk to me about winning when you boast that nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Where did I write I don’t want to see the Eagles win? I just noted that you overhype mediocre to bum players. You love seeing these scabs out there. I don’t don’t, because I don’t think they help the Eagles win. You think mediocre players HELP THE EAGLES WIN. Don’t talk to me about winning when you boast that nonsense. 

I think it takes a team to win and I don't expect every player to be some kind of superstar. I just expect players to perform their roles. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I think it takes a team to win and I don't expect every player to be some kind of superstar. I just expect players to perform their roles. 

Some roles are sitting on the bench. Some roles are finding a better player to replace them. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

Yep. That was Foles' role in 2017. 

And the replacement part was Hurts. Why waste time constantly throwing a mediocre player out there hoping he’s better than he truly is if you can get a better player? That’s the issue here. You keep assuming mediocre players will be more than their true selves. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

And the replacement part was Hurts. Why waste time constantly throwing a mediocre player out there hoping he’s better than he truly is if you can get a better player? That’s the issue here. You keep assuming mediocre players will be more than their true selves. 

What you don't understand is I don't give up on a player at the first sign of regression. There's a normal patter of ups and downs for most players in the history of sports. If you replaced everybody that experienced a slump, you'd already be looking for a replacement for Hurts. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

What you don't understand is I don't give up on a player at the first sign of regression. There's a normal patter of ups and downs for most players in the history of sports. If you replaced everybody that experienced a slump, you'd already be looking for a replacement for Hurts. 

Barnett isn’t in a "slump” because this is the player that he is. Watkins is a myth round pick telling everyone he’s elite. Well show it on the field. It’s one thing not to give up on a player, but it’s a whole different thing to assume guys who have never showed anything will suddenly be something. You going at people over bums like JJAW doesn’t make you a better fan.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Barnett isn’t in a "slump” because this is the player that he is. Watkins is a myth round pick telling everyone he’s elite. Well show it on the field. It’s one thing not to give up on a player, but it’s a whole different thing to assume guys who have never showed anything will suddenly be something. You going at people over bums like JJAW doesn’t make you a better fan.

This thread is about Watkins, not JJAW, not Barnett. 

As for Watkins, I personally felt he showed a lot in 2021. That is why in his case, I will admit that I believe he is a good WR. I believe he had a bad 2nd half last season and needs to play better. I'm just confident he will play better. When he is healthy, I expect him to make plays. His "elite" claim was stupid. Players never need to say that, they need to show that. I'm not sure he'll ever be elite, but I certainly wouldn't at this point put him on the list of elite WRs yet. I do believe he's capable of being better than a lot of people expect. As long as Brown and Smith are on this team, however, there will always be 2 WRs that are better than him and fewer opportunities for him because it's criminal not to feed two WRs that are elite.

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

This thread is about Watkins, not JJAW, not Barnett. 

As for Watkins, I personally felt he showed a lot in 2021. That is why in his case, I will admit that I believe he is a good WR. I believe he had a bad 2nd half last season and needs to play better. I'm just confident he will play better. When he is healthy, I expect him to make plays. His "elite" claim was stupid. Players never need to say that, they need to show that. I'm not sure he'll ever be elite, but I certainly wouldn't at this point put him on the list of elite WRs yet. I do believe he's capable of being better than a lot of people expect. As long as Brown and Smith are on this team, however, there will always be 2 WRs that are better than him and fewer opportunities for him because it's criminal not to feed two WRs that are elite.

Well you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m entitled to mine. I have a lot of doubts about Watkins. He shows fear when he’s out there. I don’t think he’s going to be any better than he’s shown so far. Frankly nothing he’s shown this season has given me reason to change my mind at all. Just like Barnett. Just like JJAW in the past. I don’t give unearned respect. You can all you like. Do you, but if you’re going to come at me for not respecting your mediocre crew then don’t get mad when I come right back at you. 

52 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I thought that first endzone pass hit him in the helmet

Same here......I'm sure it did, lucky he had a helmet on otherwise it would have hit him right between the eyes.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

don’t get mad when I come right back at you. 

That's your problem, all that coming back is childish.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m entitled to mine. I have a lot of doubts about Watkins. He shows fear when he’s out there. I don’t think he’s going to be any better than he’s shown so far. Frankly nothing he’s shown this season has given me reason to change my mind at all. Just like Barnett. Just like JJAW in the past. I don’t give unearned respect. You can all you like. Do you, but if you’re going to come at me for not respecting your mediocre crew then don’t get mad when I come right back at you. 

I think the only guy that is mad is your little buddy with 300 posts that stops by about 4 times a year to troll. 

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Same here......I'm sure it did, lucky he had a helmet on otherwise it would have hit him right between the eyes.

14 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

That's your problem, all that coming back is childish.

That’s funny. I’m supposed to sit there and take your hot garbage. I think I’ll pass on that. 

15 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I think the only guy that is mad is your little buddy with 300 posts that stops by about 4 times a year to troll. 

Not sure who that is.