Quez Watkins

bigdog54

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Quez is the new JJAW.

Do you think Watkins baby arms are strong enough to hold up an umbrella or does his mom do it for him too? 

• Haha 2

Dude just keeps coming up small in big moments, time for him to ride the pine. 

I hate that Hurts missed him in the EZ, but it's pretty funny when you go back and watch that play 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Dude just keeps coming up small in big moments, time for him to ride the pine. 

I hate that Hurts missed him in the EZ, but it's pretty funny when you go back and watch that play 

Could be the case that Hurts doesn't trust him so doesn't even bother to look his way. Sad if true. Under duress though he goes to his trusted play makers Brown and Smith. Reasonable. But could just have been a miss since he did find Oz open for the TD the other week. 

57 minutes ago, judunno said:

Could be the case that Hurts doesn't trust him so doesn't even bother to look his way. Sad if true. Under duress though he goes to his trusted play makers Brown and Smith. Reasonable. But could just have been a miss since he did find Oz open for the TD the other week. 

I don’t think Hurts trusts him and so I think moving forwards there’s not going to be a lot of point putting him in the game. I’m sure he’ll continue to play but feels like Oz came up bigger the last couple of weeks so I’d like to see them go back to Oz.

• Like 1

Outside of the main 3 receiving options Brown, Smith, Goedert there's little else left for other receivers to begin with. Guys lower on the depth chart unfortunately just have to make the best of whatever opportunities they get. Right now Quez isn't performing and it appears Hurts didn't even want to throw to him despite being wide open. 

Not looking good. Siri said he still values the speed he provides. We'll see if he gets targets in the next few games or not.

56 minutes ago, NOTW said:

... and it appears Hurts didn't even want to throw to him despite being wide open. 

Hurts simply never looked. Any QB that sees a guy that wide open and fails to make the throw, deserves to be benched. I don't for a minute believe that Hurts saw him and thought to himself he didn't want to throw to him. That's not the QB I root for. That's a pretty far out there spin on reality.

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts simply never looked. Any QB that sees a guy that wide open and fails to make the throw, deserves to be benched. I don't for a minute believe that Hurts saw him and thought to himself he didn't want to throw to him. That's not the QB I root for. That's a pretty far out there spin on reality.

I don't think he cared to look his way lol. Missed him no doubt. I think he gives him a shot if he did see him. He locks in on Brown and Smitty though so a little tunnel vision there. Not totally a bad thing because those guys make plays. Need him to see the field better. QBs are facilitators though. Like point guards they know who's going to blow a wide open shot and who won't. In this case though he missed him... or or... did he  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Maybe, maybe not.  They were emotional yesterday.  Kelce was yelling on the sidelines, Hurts and Siri got into it.  Hurts is human.  Maybe he saw a choice between Quez who has been making mistakes and his friend AJ Brown who is a great receiver and he chose in that instant. Maybe not and if he saw him he would have thrown to him.

But you should know about spins on reality.  You pick the worst players on the team and defend them and make highlight videos for some reason.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Maybe, maybe not.  They were emotional yesterday.  Kelce was yelling on the sidelines, Hurts and Siri got into it.  Hurts is human.  Maybe he saw a choice between Quez who has been making mistakes and his friend AJ Brown who is a great receiver and he chose in that instant. Maybe not and if he saw him he would have thrown to him.

But you should know about spins on reality.  You pick the worst players on the team and defend them and make highlight videos for some reason.

Is that all I do? Do I only defend our "worst" players? Did you ever see me defend Nate Gerry? Did I defend Jamon Brown? Tim Tebow? Carson Strong? Clayton Thorson? Cary Williams? Kevin Kolb? Reno Mahe? Winston Justice? Byron Maxwell? DGB?

I get it, I sometimes rock the hate-boat around here and challenge people to be more accurate than to just post blatant exaggerations in discussions. I guess I expect more out of people that are vocal about wanting more out of players. 

• Like 1

Man, that screen that he self-tackled himself was really, really bad, verging on unforgivable. Huge moment in the game, too, and a play like that could have easily cost us a win. I'm not really sure I see any advantage in having Quez out there over Zaccheus. When it comes to heart, could there be more of a stark contrast between Quez's effort on that third down and Zaccheus's when he ran 50 yards down the field to land a crucial block to spring AJ for the TD?

• Like 1

Cheering for Olamide Zaccheaus is a lot more work than cheering for Quez.  More syllables.

31 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Cheering for Olamide Zaccheaus is a lot more work than cheering for Quez.  More syllables.

OZ.  Just call him OZ.

15 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Is that all I do? Do I only defend our "worst" players? Did you ever see me defend Nate Gerry? Did I defend Jamon Brown? Tim Tebow? Carson Strong? Clayton Thorson? Cary Williams? Kevin Kolb? Reno Mahe? Winston Justice? Byron Maxwell? DGB?

I get it, I sometimes rock the hate-boat around here and challenge people to be more accurate than to just post blatant exaggerations in discussions. I guess I expect more out of people that are vocal about wanting more out of players. 

You slant stats to try and make these mediocre players appear better than they actually are. You will also be critical of other players in order to defend some of these lesser players. The funny thing is you are critical of others for making accurate comments about these same mediocre players while you yourself are critical of other players. You constantly criticize Hurts. You would criticize Wentz just to defend JJAW. Basically you do the same thing as everyone else, but in reverse. Now that’s your thing. You do you, but at least own it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kz! said:

Man, that screen that he self-tackled himself was really, really bad, verging on unforgivable. Huge moment in the game, too, and a play like that could have easily cost us a win. I'm not really sure I see any advantage in having Quez out there over Zaccheus. When it comes to heart, could there be more of a stark contrast between Quez's effort on that third down and Zaccheus's when he ran 50 yards down the field to land a crucial block to spring AJ for the TD?

OK, bad play by Quez, he showed a lack of heart, no doubt, we've called him out on it, so I feel like enough already with the criticism, let's see what he does going forward.

Moreover, just like Sunday was Goedert's day, some weeks its Smith's day, then it's Brown's day, how about giving Quez a day, make him feel s though he's a part of the team.  You guys are trying to make out like he's worthless and he's not, I can tell you now, I've never seen Smith cut one of those WR screens up field, where's the criticism on him??  

Stop the cap. Smitty has gone straight up field on screens many times, to the point that he’s gotten blasted by the defense for it. 

Wth you wanna give Quez "a day” for? He’s the #4 wr and the #4 option. The other 3 passing options are either flat out better than him or a walking offensive mismatch. You just wanna throw possessions away to make your weird mancrush for a #4 option feel better? Why not give Britain Covey "a day” while we’re at it? 

Quez needs to EARN snaps, let alone "a day”. And he obviously hasn’t done enough to do that as he seems to go 2 steps forward and 2 steps back everytime he gets an extended amount of time. 

"give Quez a day”. Give me friggin break. How about he EARN IT? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You constantly criticize Hurts.

LOL. What a load of crap! Please bring up some of those posts. I think the craziest part is you actually believe your own lies. That's your thing.

My criticism's of Hurts consist of not wanting to see him be untrue to the player he is. He's a dynamic passer and a dynamic runner --- He is not a dynamic runner when he slides behind the LOS. Things open up for the offense when he is a dual threat. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

You would criticize Wentz just to defend JJAW.

Are you referring to how I stated that it appears Wentz did not have confidence in JJAW, especially after that drop vs Miami? I believe it was a true statement. JJAW was rarely targeted after that --- even when other WRs were struggling with injuries or other issues. I also believe in redemption. If a QB loses confidence in a receiver, then really that receiver shouldn't be out there. But if that receiver is out there and he gets open and you see him open, you have to get him the ball. Ultimately JJAW was a bust. Outside of blocking, he was given very few opportunities where he was targeted. Even in that very last "tank" game, he dropped his one and only chance. I don't mind giving a guy 3 years to improve, but in his 3 years there was none. He's gone. I don't miss him. Wentz is also gone. Wentz was a more accomplished player. I don't believe the Eagles ever gave him a shot at redemption after he was benched. But even with that opinion, I don't miss Wentz. Why? Because Jalen Hurts is better. His leadership is so far beyond all the other QBs combined that we've had since the beginning of the Reid era. Players want to play here. Players want to stay here

Wentz didn't want a shot at "redemption."  And lets not kid ourselves, he wasn't that good in 2019, as his stats were misleading.  He had very inconsistent/poor play that season, which carried over into the 2020 season where he played god awful. 

Anyway, We've been talking about Quez redeeming himself for a while now, and we're 6 games into the season and he's still making bad plays to makeup for. I think the experiment here is over.  

19 hours ago, EagleVA said:

OK, bad play by Quez, he showed a lack of heart, no doubt, we've called him out on it, so I feel like enough already with the criticism, let's see what he does going forward.

Moreover, just like Sunday was Goedert's day, some weeks its Smith's day, then it's Brown's day, how about giving Quez a day, make him feel s though he's a part of the team.  You guys are trying to make out like he's worthless and he's not, I can tell you now, I've never seen Smith cut one of those WR screens up field, where's the criticism on him??  

Smith hits the hole hard every time even thought he only weighs about 120 lol. He would have 100% converted had the ball been in his hands on that play.

Quez is a third receiver, we're never going to design a gameplan around getting him the ball repeatedly like we do for Smith, Goedert, or AJ. He's there to be a deep threat. If he ever wants an opportunity to be more involved, he can't puss out on the few opportunities he does get. I don't dislike Watkins or anything. He's fine as a number 3, I just prefer Zaccheus's heart and skillset to Quez's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, The Holy Vagabond said:

Stop the cap. Smitty has gone straight up field on screens many times, to the point that he’s gotten blasted by the defense for it. 

Wth you wanna give Quez "a day” for? He’s the #4 wr and the #4 option. The other 3 passing options are either flat out better than him or a walking offensive mismatch. You just wanna throw possessions away to make your weird mancrush for a #4 option feel better? Why not give Britain Covey "a day” while we’re at it? 

Quez needs to EARN snaps, let alone "a day”. And he obviously hasn’t done enough to do that as he seems to go 2 steps forward and 2 steps back everytime he gets an extended amount of time. 

"give Quez a day”. Give me friggin break. How about he EARN IT? 

International Quez Day.   JJAW can be the MC at the inaugural gala.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Kz! said:

He's there to be a deep threat.

And they almost never throw to him deep......go figure.

On 10/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, EagleVA said:

And they almost never throw to him deep......go figure.

Cause he needlessly jumps around for every ball like he's in a bouncy house..

• Thanks 1

Jalen Hurts is 22-1 in his last 23 starts and that one loss is basically due to Quez Watkins. I keep reading this crap about Quez being the deep threat, but Smitty, Brown, and even OZ has caught a pass deep this season. When is the "deep threat” going to catch something other than a screen? 😂🤣😂

When we continually call Quez a "deep threat”, I think we may be focusing too much on the "deep” and not enough on the "threat”. 

• Haha 3