Quez Watkins

bigdog54

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

In fairness it looks like the cb hand is blocking his view just before it got there

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

In fairness it looks like the cb hand is blocking his view just before it got there

I wonder what people would be saying if the name on his jersey was Watkins, though?

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I wonder what people would be saying if the name on his jersey was Watkins, though?

Not sure about other people but I would be saying the same thing lol

14 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The same thing. The ball should have been caught, but it was good defense there too. Heck people were critical of AJ Brown dropping two  passes in the end zone too. The real question is why is it okay to give Watkins a pass, but not these other players? Why are we criticizing other players to defend a guy who couldn’t even suit up? 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

The same thing. The ball should have been caught, but it was good defense there too. Heck people were critical of AJ Brown dropping that fingertip pass in the end zone too. The real question is why is it okay to give Watkins a pass, but not these other players? 

Who isn't giving Zaccheaus a pass? 

How many times did you criticize Watkins for the Super Bowl play where the DPI wasn't called?

Just now, brkmsn said:

How many times did you criticize Watkins for the Super Bowl play where the DPI wasn't called?

Did Quez make up for that drop in the SB? Did he make up for getting stripped in against Dallas twice? Did he make up for that embossing fumble against Washington. I know you don’t care, but most of your boys mistakes happened in games the Eagles lost, but here you are trying to rip OZ in a game the Eagles won. Didn’t you claim to care about winning? Sure doesn’t seem like it.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Did Quez make up for that drop in the SB? Did he make up for getting stripped in against Dallas twice? Did he make up for that embossing fumble against Washington. I know you don’t care, but most of your boys mistakes happened in games the Eagles lost, but here you are trying to rip OZ in a game the Eagles won. Didn’t you claim to care about winning? Sure doesn’t seem like it.

Not criticizing Zaccheaus --- just pointing out the double-standard. There was no "drop" in the super bowl by Watkins. Statistically, that was a PD by the defense since the DPI wasn't called. Statistically, that wasn't a drop by Zaccheaus for the same reasons. Yet here you are proving my point. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Not criticizing Zaccheaus --- just pointing out the double-standard. There was no "drop" in the super bowl by Watkins. Statistically, that was a PD by the defense since the DPI wasn't called. Statistically, that wasn't a drop by Zaccheaus for the same reasons. Yet here you are proving my point. 

You conveniently ignored everything else I wrote. You also conveniently ignored how OZ made up for that play. Your guy never did. You’re clearly showing your double standard here, and I already pointed out Brown took heat for two TD drops. Nevertheless you got to defend Quez though. The guy who can’t even get on the field.

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You conveniently ignored everything else I wrote. You also conveniently ignored how OZ made up for that play. Your guy never did. You’re clearly showing your double standard here, and I already pointed out Brown took heat for two TD drops. Nevertheless you got to defend Quez though. The guy who can’t even get on the field.

You saw Quez play hurt last year. Do you want an injured Quez on the field? I know you're really hoping Zaccheaus somehow wins Watkins' job while he is out, but I'm sorry to tell you, that simply isn't going to happen. As soon as Quez is healthy, he'll get a majority of the snaps. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

You saw Quez play hurt last year. Do you want an injured Quez on the field? I know you're really hoping Zaccheaus somehow wins Watkins' job while he is out, but I'm sorry to tell you, that simply isn't going to happen. As soon as Quez is healthy, he'll get a majority of the snaps. 

Again ignoring what I wrote and creating your own nonsense. Did Quez make up for his mistakes like OZ did?

33 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The difference is basically all Quez has is mistakes, with nothing done to make up for them. Zaccheaus came right back and made a big play for a TD. AJ dropped a couple, but also caught a bunch of balls for 130+. 

If you think back on Quez career thus far, there are far more negative plays that come to mind than there are positive ones. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Again ignoring what I wrote and creating your own nonsense. Did Quez make up for his mistakes like OZ did?

Did they add a 5th quarter to the Super Bowl? What does Quez have to "make up" for anyway? It's hard to lunge for a ball with a DB draped on your shoulders. If the refs are going to call the hold on Bradberry, they should have called that DPI on that play. They didn't and you blame Quez. 

3 minutes ago, nipples said:

The difference is basically all Quez has is mistakes, with nothing done to make up for them. Zaccheaus came right back and made a big play for a TD. AJ dropped a couple, but also caught a bunch of balls for 130+. 

If you think back on Quez career thus far, there are far more negative plays that come to mind than there are positive ones. 

It's like you guys completely wiped 2021 from your memory. So I disagree on that statement. As for noteworthy negative plays, I think he has about 5 in his career. 

Just now, brkmsn said:

It's like you guys completely wiped 2021 from your memory. So I disagree on that statement. As for noteworthy negative plays, I think he has about 5 in his career. 

What does 2021 have to do with my question " I asked you did he make up for any of the negative plays in those games? Telling me how many there are does not answer the question. I understand why you’re dodging the question though. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

What does 2021 have to do with my question " I asked you did he make up for any of the negative plays in those games? Telling me how many there are does not answer the question. I understand why you’re dodging the question though. 

If the question is "in those specific games" the answer is no. Once again, I don't see the Super Bowl non-catch as a "fault" play. Players have bad days and you can't change history after is is created. Hurts can't go back to 2021 and make up for his bad day vs the Giants or vs Tampa in the Wildcard. He had to move forward. Same with Watkins. He's dealing with an injury at the moment. We'll have to wait a little longer to see if he "makes up" for any grudge people have against him from last season. 

10 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

the answer is no. 

So then why are you brining up OZ when the situations are not similar, because OZ did make up for his mistake when in numerous games last season Quez did not? 

• Like 1

I think if OZ keeps making plays, Quez will get demoted. Heck, we can all agree Swift took Gainwells job, so I don't see how Quez is somehow safe no matter what.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 11:45 AM, MF POON said:

I think if OZ keeps making plays, Quez will get demoted. Heck, we can all agree Swift took Gainwells job, so I don't see how Quez is somehow safe no matter what.

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but the offense (even with all of the mistakes and people being ill) finally started to feel like it’s beginning to get back into form now that Quez is out. Again it might not be related, but I don’t know if Quez makes either catch in this game because both were contested. The first one that hit OZ in the end zone that he dropped well does Quez make that catch? Has he shown so far he can consistently make contested catches in the league? Not really, and that bomb OZ caught the defender flashed in front and might have even tipped the ball a bit yet he still brought it down. Does Quez make that catch? I really don’t know. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but the offense (even with all of the mistakes and people being ill) finally started to feel like it’s beginning to get back into form now that Quez is out. 

:roll:

What is this "form" you refer to? You mean like last year's "form?" The one with Quez? 

In the last 2 games, Hurts has an 81.9 passer rating. He has 84.5 for the season so far. He had a 101.5 last season. 

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

What is this "form" you refer to? You mean like last year's "form?" The one with Quez? 

In the last 2 games, Hurts has an 81.9 passer rating. He has 84.5 for the season so far. He had a 101.5 last season. 

Well tbh it is starting to get back into a groove, but it's not quite there yet. I agree Quez isn't really a factor one way or another, but if OZ keeps making plays then Quez won't see the field much.

3 minutes ago, MF POON said:

Well tbh it is starting to get back into a groove, but it's not quite there yet. I agree Quez isn't really a factor one way or another, but if OZ keeps making plays then Quez won't see the field much.

The offense found a spark from Swift and that has made them look better than week 1. They still continue to try to "force" things in the passing game. They want their stars to be stat-happy. IMO, if they would just ride the run game heavily while it is working in games, things will naturally open up for the passing game. There is never a reason to easily move the ball 40-50 yards down the field with the run and then all of a sudden try 3-4 passes on a series --- or to run all the way down the field and score on one possession and then open the next with all passes.

The reason the offense "isn't there yet" to me is obvious --- they are trying to force the pass when they don't need to. 

51 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

The offense found a spark from Swift and that has made them look better than week 1. They still continue to try to "force" things in the passing game. They want their stars to be stat-happy. IMO, if they would just ride the run game heavily while it is working in games, things will naturally open up for the passing game. There is never a reason to easily move the ball 40-50 yards down the field with the run and then all of a sudden try 3-4 passes on a series --- or to run all the way down the field and score on one possession and then open the next with all passes.

The reason the offense "isn't there yet" to me is obvious --- they are trying to force the pass when they don't need to. 

The run/pass ratio was pretty even vs the Bucs, but I get it, if the run game is working and Swift is averaging 8.1 ypc, then why not just keep running? I would've liked Swift to get more touches, however, when you have Brown, Smith, and Goedert as targets, they're going to force the pass eventually.  The run game has helped quite a bit, but Hurts actually had a solid game vs the Bucs, and the 2 INTs came off of a botched route and one really good defensive play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Yeah and you think that 101 passer rating was due to your boy Quez when his passer rating throwing to Quez last season was an 80? :facepalm:

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

So why are you trying to claim the Quez and OZ situations are the same when they aren’t?