Quez Watkins

bigdog54

Is Quez back practicing yet? It’s hard to prove he’s the elite guy he claims that he is while standing on the sidelines. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is Quez back practicing yet? It’s hard to prove he’s the elite guy he claims that he is while standing on the sidelines. 

Non-sense... he's elite in the ice bath.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He's been back for almost a week now.

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He's been back for almost a week now.

Still looks like he’s pretty limited so far. Hopefully he’s ready to show us how elite he’s become by week one.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Still looks like he’s pretty limited so far. Hopefully he’s ready to show us how elite he’s become by week one.

Man he really set himself up for failure with that statement. Every missed opportunity the play by play board is going to give the sarcastic 'now that's an elite play'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Man he really set himself up for failure with that statement. Every missed opportunity the play by play board is going to give the sarcastic 'now that's an elite play'.

No one made him say it and to be honest most of us weren’t expecting elite just basic WR stuff like when the ball comes you way catch it. 

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No one made him say it and to be honest most of us weren’t expecting elite just basic WR stuff like when the ball comes you way catch it. 

Baby steps... let's start with him not being a pop tart and jumping for every single ball thrown his way even when the ball is below chest level.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Baby steps... let's start with him not being a pop tart and jumping for every single ball thrown his way even when the ball is below chest level.

I think we might be asking for too much bud. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, judunno said:

Baby steps to match his baby arms... I hope he makes me eat crow but Quez is awful 

• 3 weeks later...

Like I mentioned before a bum Hammy tends to last a long time for the speed receivers. Some people thinks this stuff isn’t a big deal, but for a team that only has 4 receivers on the roster this is a problem. Can’t show hoe elite you are sitting on the sidelines. 

19 hours ago, brkmsn said:

There's always this approach:

People are making a way bigger issue out this than they need to. At least he’s out there being healthy and backing up his words and not chirping online while sitting on the sidelines. 

55 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

People are making a way bigger issue out this than they need to. At least he’s out there being healthy and backing up his words and not chirping online while sitting on the sidelines. 

His words:

"I'm excited to be an Eagle and join this great organization," Brown said. "I'm looking forward to doing anything and everything I can do to help win games. I want to win it all."

"We just need to get to work and get everyone on the same page and work together," he said. "It's not about one person in this game. The team is what it's all about."

"I pride myself as a leader,” he said. "I want guys to follow me because I try to lead by example and try to do it the right way. So, of course, I want guys to follow me and lead by example."

"I work extremely hard and I know the only way you're going to win if you can get other guys to follow and that's what leaders do,” he said. "Not just talk about it, but be about it. I pride myself, I wouldn't say a word if I wasn't doing the right thing. And they know that, too.”

6 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

His words:

"I'm excited to be an Eagle and join this great organization," Brown said. "I'm looking forward to doing anything and everything I can do to help win games. I want to win it all."

"We just need to get to work and get everyone on the same page and work together," he said. "It's not about one person in this game. The team is what it's all about."

"I pride myself as a leader,” he said. "I want guys to follow me because I try to lead by example and try to do it the right way. So, of course, I want guys to follow me and lead by example."

"I work extremely hard and I know the only way you're going to win if you can get other guys to follow and that's what leaders do,” he said. "Not just talk about it, but be about it. I pride myself, I wouldn't say a word if I wasn't doing the right thing. And they know that, too.”

This became a SB level offense when Brown joined it and not when Watkins joined.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This became a SB level offense when Brown joined it and not when Watkins joined.

I really like Brown. I want him to remain an Eagle for many years. He helps us win games and makes the team better. But that was a bad moment for him. Having to force feed him the ball immediately after gave the opponent life late in the game. I did not like Quez Watkins' twitter rant. I did not like his need to label himself "elite." Likewise, I do not like seeing a team leader go against his own words and put himself above the team --- especially given the situation. This was not a game we were losing at the time. Honestly, after seeing how the next series helped the opponent, Brown should acknowledge the incident, apologize, learn from it and put it in the past quickly. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

I really like Brown. I want him to remain an Eagle for many years. He helps us win games and makes the team better. But that was a bad moment for him. Having to force feed him the ball immediately after gave the opponent life late in the game. I did not like Quez Watkins' twitter rant. I did not like his need to label himself "elite." Likewise, I do not like seeing a team leader go against his own words and put himself above the team --- especially given the situation. This was not a game we were losing at the time. Honestly, after seeing how the next series helped the opponent, Brown should acknowledge the incident, apologize, learn from it and put it in the past quickly. 

Jalen was the one who tried to force feed Brown, but frankly he had a right to be frustrated. Two weeks straight the offense was acting like they were afraid to throw agains average corners. Heck the Vikings had one receiver who was covered by the Eagles best corner and they still threw to him. Jalen was looking a little gun shy out there. Ironically he looked a lot better after that rant. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ironically he looked a lot better after that rant. 

Do you say things that aren't true just to give your arguments some juice? 

5 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Do you say things that aren't true just to give your arguments some juice? 

I don’t know you mean like foolishly trying to act like Quez and A.J. Brown are equal talents and implying that what Quez wrote isn’t as bad as what Brown did? Cause from my perspective these two players aren’t close to the same level. Quez needs to shut up and perform out there. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t know you mean like foolishly trying to act like Quez and A.J. Brown are equal talents

Source?

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

s and implying that what Quez wrote isn’t as bad as what Brown did? 

Proof you don't read:

31 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

... I did not like Quez Watkins' twitter rant. I did not like his need to label himself "elite." Likewise, I do not like seeing a team leader go against his own words and put himself above the team --- especially given the situation... 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

Source?

Proof you don't read:

Proof you don’t get it. Brown is out there balling for the Eagles. Him coming here completely changed the dynamic of the offense. He’s the equivalent to T.O. Quez is the equivalent to Freddie Mitchell or Todd Pinkston. Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell should not be talking at all. These mediocre players you love so much aren’t elite. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Proof you don’t get it. Brown is out there balling for the Eagles. Him coming here completely changed the dynamic of the offense. He’s the equivalent to T.O. Quez is the equivalent to Freddie Mitchell or Todd Pinkston. Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell should not be talking at all. These mediocre players you love so much aren’t elite. 

More proof you don't read ... or is it comprehension that stymies you? 

38 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I really like Brown. I want him to remain an Eagle for many years. He helps us win games and makes the team better. But that was a bad moment for him. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

More proof you don't read ... or is it comprehension that stymies you? 

Just more proof you don’t get it. Stop trying to compare these two players. They aren’t the same. You brought Brown into this conversation about Quez having a bad hammy to try and defend his crap talk about being an elite receiver. Brown is playing. Your mediocre hero isn’t. Brown was frustrated in a game. Your mediocre hero talked real big before the real stuff happened, but hasn’t done squat but get hurt since. This comparison is ridiculous. I’ve seen plenty of players get frustrated on the sidelines in the past. I’ve seen Brady countless times go off on players or slam down his helmet, but Brown does it it’s a big deal. Naw let’s stay focused on your boy Quez. Let’s see him back up his big talk. Hard to do sitting on the sidelines and not helping the team though. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just more proof you don’t get it. Stop trying to compare these two players. They aren’t the same. You brought Brown into this conversation about Quez having a bad hammy to try and defend his crap talk about being an elite receiver. Brown is playing. Your mediocre hero isn’t. Brown was frustrated in a game. Your mediocre hero talked real big before the real stuff happened, but hasn’t done squat but get hurt since. This comparison is ridiculous. I’ve seen plenty of players get frustrated on the sidelines in the past. I’ve seen Brady countless times go off on players or slam down his helmet, but Brown does it it’s a big deal. Naw let’s stay focused on your boy Quez. Let’s see him back up his big talk. Hard to do sitting on the sidelines and not helping the team though. :rolleyes:

I can and will "compare" any players I want. It's quite obvious you'll never understand this, but "compare" does not mean "equate." One guy is a top 10 WR and the other isn't even in the top 50 currently. I am comparing AJ Brown (the former) to Quez Watkins (the latter).

Allow me to educate you, for you, since you never look anything up yourself:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

com·pare
/kəmˈper/
verb

1. 1.
    estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.
    "individual schools compared their facilities with those of others in the area"

16 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I can and will "compare" any players I want. It's quite obvious you'll never understand this, but "compare" does not mean "equate." One guy is a top 10 WR and the other isn't even in the top 50 currently. I am comparing AJ Brown (the former) to Quez Watkins (the latter).

Allow me to educate you, for you, since you never look anything up yourself:

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

com·pare
/kəmˈper/

verb

1. 1.
    estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.
    "individual schools compared their facilities with those of others in the area"

If you are going to compare something then the variables should be the same. For example Tom Brady and his sideline outbursts compared to Browns sideline outburst. Quez Watkins Twitter stupid comment and failing to back that up compares to Freddie Mitchell shooting his mouth off before the Super Bowl and failing to back that up. I’m sure you’re incapable of comprehending the difference. Nevertheless this is you trying to poorly coverup the truth. This guy was another one of your mediocre clowns that you went to bat for that is proving everyone else right and you wrong. 

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If you are going to compare something then the variables should be the same. For example Tom Brady and his sideline outbursts compared to Browns sideline outburst. Quez Watkins Twitter stupid comment and failing to back that up compares to Freddie Mitchell shooting his mouth off before the Super Bowl and failing to back that up. I’m sure you’re incapable of comprehending the difference. Nevertheless this is you trying to poorly coverup the truth. This guy was another one of your mediocre clowns that you went to bat for that is proving everyone else right and you wrong. 

People can compare anything they want with anything else. They can be similar or dissimilar. 

It's comical watching you bad-mouth every player you don't like. Take Barnett for example. You have stated you wish he wasn't on the team. So every opportunity you get, you'll attempt to trash him. You even blame him for supposedly keeping N. Smith from getting snaps. But you completely ignore that Smith is the primary backup at Sam for Reddick while Barnett is the primary backup for Sweat. You decided to use PFF, a source you loathe, to show me just had bad Barnett is, pointing out Thursday he was in the Eagles bottom 10. Meanwhile you forgot to note who was graded lower than him. Barnett had a 52.6 grade from PFF. Reddick had a 52.0 and Cox had a 51.1. On the season, Barnett has a 61.6 grade which is right around what you'd expect from a solid backup. Reddick has a 59.2 which is a lot lower than what we have come to expect from a player that was so good last season. Which of the two are the bigger disappointment thus far? Go ahead and keep on harping about  the guy getting 14 snaps per game that is meeting expectations, though. 

As for Quez, he's not off to a particularly good start either. So far his grade is 53.2, but Zaccheaus hasn't even reached that number in either of the 1st two games. 

There has been a lot of poor play and bad plays from some of our best players through two weeks. It's way too early to start playing the "I told you so" card. Reddick started slowly last season. He's too good a player to not turn things around. Barnett is what he is and he's giving the team a solid contribution in his reduced role. I expect that to continue. Watkins is hurt and might miss a little time before he's back to continue his role. Having an injury does not = being a bad player (see Maddox). On the season, Watkins has been targeted twice and has 2 receptions. Our star WRs have: Smith 15 targets, 11 receptions / Brown 15 targets, 11 receptions --- and Goedert has 8 targets, 6 receptions.

Their current grades are 

Brown 75.2

Smith 74.4

Goedert 57.5

Watkins 53.2

One thing all these guys have in common is the man throwing to them. Hurts is off to a shaky start as a passer. I expect him to play at a higher level as the season advances and that should help all the receivers. As I said, you're jumping the gun on all this "I told you so" BS.