Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread - 2024. New Year. Same BS.

Captain F

39 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

New scoreboard is enormous 

FB_IMG_1678287890514.jpg

I can't wait to go to a game this year.

1 hour ago, iladelphxx said:

New scoreboard is enormous 

FB_IMG_1678287890514.jpg

Looks like lots of new ad space. Ads will look great on there. 

Jayson Stark said Painter's injury isn't serious on 97.5 

• Like 1

A conspiracy theorist might say the Phillies really wanted to delay bringing up painter but with all the hype it would be tough not to bring him up This so called injury is now A convenient excuse to keep him in the minors for now. 

29 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

A conspiracy theorist might say the Phillies really wanted to delay bringing up painter but with all the hype it would be tough not to bring him up This so called injury is now A convenient excuse to keep him in the minors for now. 

And limit his service time 

• Thanks 1

[QUOTE] 

Well according to Stark, it could be that Painter’s agent Scott Boras is just being extra cautious.

"From what I can gather, the one way he has delayed this is that the wants the best elbow doctor in the country to take a look at Andrew Painter’s test results. Ive heard, that he has been tied up with the NFL Combine, so he has not looked at the results yet. At least that is what I have been hearing. That is only the scuttle butt, don’t hold me to it 100%, but that adds up."

[/QUOTE] 

23 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

He will be back like originally reported, probably in may or early June, then the Phillies can say what a hero he is and how great their medical staff is.

Full broadcast Schedule, thankfully only 4 combined peacock and Apple games

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/phillies/phillies-2023-broadcast-schedule-times-dates-and-tv-info-how-to-watch?cid=sm_npd_rsn_phi_twt_mn

18 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

We can't have nice things - they may as well just get it repaired now

8 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

We can't have nice things - they may as well just get it repaired now

Yeah they did the same thing with sirAnthony. Just do it now so he can be back next year around May and June. They’ll dick around and he’ll have to have it a year and then they’ll lose him for this year and next 

• Like 1

So let me get this straight. The Phillies draft a kid out of high school who pitched a ton of innings in high school while healthy. Then he goes to rookie ball and pitches many innings and stays healthy. Then he spends a year in the minor league and pitches many innings and stays healthy.

And then he pitches one f'n inning for the major league club at spring training and injures his elbow? What the HELL?

Darick Hall is on fire. 

Hitting over .400 with a 1.400 OPS and 4 Home Runs 

• Like 1

The WBC is a complete joke ,Vance Worley starts for  GB tonight, of course he was born in the British part of Sacramento I guess

41 year old Adam wainwright is the best we have to start game 1? :nonono:

5 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

The WBC is a complete joke ,Vance Worley starts for  GB tonight, of course he was born in the British part of Sacramento I guess

His mother was born in Hong Kong when it was a British Territory 

Wow, Vance Worley is a blast from the past. Does he still wear those sports goggles.